Live on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if this was the 8 hour mark then it would have started 8 hours ago :p That is 12 PM my time (I live in US Central Time)

8 hours ago (1 PM EST).

I am now solidly of the opinion that 1:00pm tomorrow will be the announcement.

Okay that's 2am my time ... that's ... doable I think

Hopefully they will have an information age disaster called "alien invasion".

Okay that's 2am my time ... that's ... doable I think
Don't stay awake based on my prediction - both for your health, and for the obvious and selfish fact that we all know that they won't announce it if you do!

And if they don't, I will fall back to my original Tuesday the 27th prediction, but if so this is giong to be a LONG week of weather.

If I recall correctly, a lot of updates for Civ 6 (first looks, etc) are released 10 am Pacific time on Tuesdays. So I'm inclined to believe that this stream will last for 24 hours (10 am Monday - 10 am Tuesday), then there will hopefully be a big reveal.

Edit: It was 10 am Eastern. I guess we'll see how it goes. Hopefully it lasts less then 24 hours.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, a lot of updates for Civ 6 (first looks, etc) are released 10 am Pacific time on Tuesdays. So I'm inclined to believe that this stream will last for 24 hours (10 am Monday - 10 am Tuesday), then there will hopefully be a big reveal.
I'm almost certain that first looks were at 7 am Pacific.

This view outside my window today morning freaks me out.
Spoiler :
IMG_20181120_073128369_HDR.jpg

P.S: And, it's getting darker.
Spoiler :
IMG_20181120_075632997_HDR[1].jpg

And, yet darker.
Spoiler :
IMG_20181120_080612424_HDR[1].jpg

How ominous!

Last edited:
Hopefully they will have an information age disaster called "alien invasion".
Reaper invasion! Oh, wait, wrong studio. :p

Went to sleep 3 hours ago, I've woken up now for a bit. I'm not suprised at all the storm is still the only thing there with no reveal. I think we'll be waiting 24 hours for sure.

After such a prolonged, boring tease, I'm hoping we get substantial pay off. Like title, features, and maybe not a first look at a civ, but at least a screenshot that confirms one of them.

I think the tease is actually pretty cool. Nice way to count down.

I mean, all these tease things are very silly. But still. Kind of amusing.

Honestly, FXS in interviews and in their marketing feel like a bunch of indie guys making a AAA game.

So much of the gaming industry is just a massive turn off for me. Paradox in particular annoy me - I’ve suggested a few times FXS should adopt their approach to content a little, but I hope they don’t copy their marketing approach. All those dev diaries and things ... sheesh ... I’m sure lots of people like that, but frankly I just don’t want that much engagement or involvement.

FXS and Civ are quite different. It’s all just ... a bit more chilled.

I actually don’t mind their silence generally, I’d just like a little more chat around why they did x versus y generally, or maybe just sometimes a little “yeah, we know we need to look at z - we’ll get to it”. But much more than that and honestly it would just be tedious and fake.

All those dev diaries and things ... sheesh ... I’m sure lots of people like that, but frankly I just don’t want that much engagement or involvement.

My gripe with those is that the dev diaries are hard to keep track. Also I agree with the engagement. Too much can get a bit too alienating paradoxically (no pun intended)

All I can say is the payoff will be massive if the tease is dragging like this... I hope, I hope, I hope!!!

And if the climax of all this is just "watch this space for an announcement next week", I'm going to be a little peeved.

Yup really hoping we get a trailer at the end of this. It's a great bold move, hopefully it's the start of something that'll allow us to guess about new features and civs for a bit :)

And if the climax of all this is just "watch this space for an announcement next week", I'm going to be a little peeved.

Maybe FXS are going to be total jokers and announce tomorrow they’re releasing Diablo 4 and 5 for PC?

And also Half-Life 3 for mobile.

Also, they’re nerfing England again. Now they get a Free Builder when they build a water park on a Foreign Continent. The Builder has zero charges but gets +10 CS on foreign soil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom