[GS] June 2019 Patch notes discussion

I forgot to take a screenie, but I saw a barbarian battering ram :o

Nice! I hope barbs will really make interferences and litterally conquer some undefended cities if the player is a bit too confident...

Anyone notice naval units unable to protect land units at sea? I had a barbarian crosswbowman attack my courser which was on the same tile as my quadrireme. Seems like that shouldn't have happened.

LOL Canada is accusing me in not participating in a crisis for an aid emergency I triggered for myself (from a flood in one of my cities). What do they want? For me to give myself money? Silly Canadians.

Is this normal with the new patch? I had to end my war with Georgia to deal with a more threatening giant barbarian horde on turn 50 or so, and it was so numerous I lost multiple units.

Is the game back to using Zerg rushes to add artificial difficulty at higher levels?

You have to kill the scouts. They seem raiding parties from different camps.

I have purchased all packages legally from steam. And for your info, I don’t know if that webside is piracy or not. My highlight is only about the differing file size I noted from Google news. Very disappointed for coming to such thinking immediately upon reading without clarifying.
You are promoting piracy by sharing this link. Please delete this post and purchase the game legally.

I also find it disappointing that you, who was harshly criticizing Firaxis's communication the patch delay, evidently haven't even purchased the expansion legally and yet still feel entitled.

By far -- this is what i enjoy the most when interacting with that Front-End menu now!

SaveGame_MapHint(s).png

Crazily fun to suddenly be given direct visual Map contexts (and gameplay progress with 100 turns gap in that case) of any saved games when it matters most.

Fantastic toy.

Did the Venetian Arsenal change? I can't find anywhere that it did but I built it and it's not providing the second ship.

Worked as usual during my first game.. so, there must be a Mod conflict or some of your files didn't install properly (Steam Verify might solve this).

Although i can now report the "Statue of Liberty" flaw with the old Two-Settlers reward still happens.. but the newest 4DV points are activated as intended. Tooltips are wrecked too. We think it has to do with XP1/XP2 system swap of transit files. This was already reported a few weeks ago in the Bugs thread, btw.

By far -- this is what i enjoy the most when interacting with that Front-End menu now!

View attachment 527030

Crazily fun to suddenly be given direct visual Map contexts (and gameplay progress with 100 turns gap in that case) of any saved games when it matters most.

Fantastic toy.
This is getting so close to a map replay function that I miss so much! If you get an auto save per turn, I wonder if a mod could implement it by recording them.

Might be existing saves are 20, while new games are 25. Doubling the old 10 for old saves, maybe?
They said in the video and during the lifestream that it's 20. I would say its a typo in the patchnotes.

In my current game, great works of art/writing are now drag and drop and not click and drop. Didn't they try this in a previous patch and then change it back? I wasn't playing much around that time.

Good news for you, clue, is that they are looking into coastal cities. Ed mentioned on twitter that they were focusing on the "big" changes with this patch and are trying to address coastal city issues.

Can you post a link please?

In my current game, great works of art/writing are now drag and drop and not click and drop. Didn't they try this in a previous patch and then change it back? I wasn't playing much around that time.

There is now a setting in the options menu that allows you to change it depending on which way you prefer it.

I think it has become way more difficult to prevent an enemy from getting diplomatic victory because of the victory points from the world congress resolutions.

Well I hope it has a wolfs head on it . . .

Not quite.

BarbBatteringRam.png

At least it exists I guess? (Saw the Barbarians use them in formation with other units while sieging cities too, not sure how the ram got separated afterwards)

Top Bottom