Final Mafia 2019 (Cold War Mafia)

OH horsehocky EXTENSION GOAT

I just got stuck talking to someone who has a stark resemblance to an ex I’m traumatized

DAY IS OVER

DO NOT POST DURING RESOLUTION (preferably not until 1 hour from now, this may take a while)

DAY 3
The loss of all of Berlin to NATO had been a critical blow to the reputation and resolve of the Soviet Union. When, in the coming years, there were a series of popular revolts and uprisings throughout the Warsaw Pact states, the Soviet leadership did not have the stomach to crack down as they had in the 1950s. Communist leadership in these states largely acquiesced to serious domestic reformist factions. The Warsaw Pact collectively pressured the Soviets to draw down their forward bases and conclude a non-aggression pact with NATO. East and West Germany were demilitarized respectively of Soviet and American forces (though British and French units remained there under NATO command). The hawks among the Communist Party leadership, such as Dmitri Ustinov, still retain influence to frantically publish alarmist polemics about imperialist encroachment and deviationist sabotage of the state in the party's press organs, but the Soviet Union clearly has no choice but to go on the defensive. What seemed impossible for so many years, that the clash of superpowers could one day be decided, is now within the view of optimists the world over. One power's loss is another's gain?​

The hardline Chekhist warmonger Maria Alexandrovna Svidrigailova is expelled from the UN's chambers and returns to Moscow.​

FINAL TALLY:

Mary (4 [6]): Visor, Snerk, Johanna, Syn, Tim, Manasi
Snerk (2): Zelda, Mary
Not Voting: Tak, Omega

Omega has been replaced by TopSecret.

Day 3 has ended. It is Night 3.
~23 hours. Send orders.
Tonight, no posting.

Last edited:

Yeah. That support vote is looking mighty fishy there Syn. Good thing for you that you are safely revealed as not North Korea.

Excellent work @Visorslash. I was confident that if you just stopped begging and did the work you'd come up with something convincing.

Well done also to USA#1 Manasi. You'll be sorely missed, though that last vote to hang you might not have been the best way of saying so.

Welcome to the game TopSecret.

i tried posting more and see if the issue would fix itself and it didn't so don't know. Don't want to play a game with a posting time limit. And the more i thought about it the more i remember how much 48/24 sucks so not interested.
enjoy

NIGHT 3

Last month the North Koreans launched a daring raid to capture the USS Pueblo, a spy ship patrolling the North Korean coast. The crew and a trove of sensitive documents were extracted to the interior. Subsequent denunciations from the USSR and Warsaw Pact states indicated that this was done on Kim's own initiative. The incident has once more inflamed international tensions right at the moment of highest hopes.

The USS Iowa is the friendliest and toughest battleship in the world. Decommissioned after the Pacific Struggle of Prodigal Liberation, it had recently been brought out of retirement (again) to spread peace, love, and harmony around the Seven Seas. Being a veteran of the Korean theater, the Iowa has been personally called by the Commander-in-Chief to one last mission before it can hang up its spurs for good: investigate the Nork camp where the prisoners are held, and if possible liberate them. "You understand, Captain, that this mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist." But what the Americans don't know is that the captured intelligence from the Pueblo has given the North Koreans an advantage! They know that the Iowa has been converted to an amphibious nuclear secret agent stealth battleship and have been conducting further provocations, including the successful commando operation to assassinate the South Korean president, precisely in order to lure in America's single greatest naval asset.

Cruising up the Sea of Japan under cover of foggy night, the Iowa was caught unawares during the midwatch by glider planes carrying a company of the North's most elite special operations forces. While these heroically leaped onto the deck and wreaked havoc fore and aft, a coordinated run by hundreds of torpedo boats from all directions, as well as every single North Korean sub, frigate, and corvette, surrounded and boarded the ship. The mission was conducted impeccably to specification (though each and every SOF died) as the crew was overwhelmed and forced to surrender in detail. The Iowa's captain was tackled by 5 burly North Korean marines just as he was about to jam the big red self-destruct button on the bridge. He didn't think the Iowa could lose...

The Iowa, two thousand American sailors, a thousand Marines, and four Regulus II nuclear cruise missiles all fall into enemy hands in the worst US naval disaster since Pearl Harbor.

The US is really having a hard time with North Korea lately. Manasi's arm locks into a somber salute upon hearing news of the calamity and, so incapacitated, she must be carried out of the building to her residence.

Begin day 4. Day ends 12/13 at 8 PM ET.

Remember that OPs have a list of links to game milestones.

Players (8/13):

1. @Timsup2nothin (Tim)
2. @Takhisis (Barto, Bart, Tak)
3. Manasi
4. @JohannaK (Johanna, Jo)
5. @pzelda (Zelda)
6. MaryKB (Mary)
7. @Snerk
8. Omega124 @topsecret
9. Seon
10. @Synsensa (Syn)
11. RRRaskolnikov (Ras, Rask, Raskol, RRR)
12. @Visorslash (Visor)
13. Yakostovian (Logic)

Reserves:
Spoiler :

1. Csargo
2. Choxorn
3. Zack

Last edited:
worth noting

Joan
person he scanned
me
synsensa

are all clear

if west germany has not been scanned by joan, we have a locked game

Howdy y'all. I have been keeping up with the game and I read through the thread.

I am currently only on my phone but I had a list of notes from the mass claims and voting habits on my computer. If we use Seon and Mary's voting/posting habits we should be able to figure it out. I hope JohannaK scanned either Snerk or Tak. Those were my two main suspects.

I will post more in an hour or two.

Snerk and Tak are pretty much my only suspects, though TopSecret has taken over a position I would call "far outside shot." Jo was planning to scan Snerk. If that comes back negative I'm hanging Tak unless someone can find a way to restrain me.

Top Bottom