Themeless Micro: Dethy7 - Mafia Win

I think vig needs to claim so everyone can scan him, but that may be just me.

I think vig needs to claim so everyone can scan him, but that may be just me.
That may be true. Once the game is solved the vig doesn’t matter. And getting rid of a fake scan clears up some confusion. But on the other the other hand consolidating scans on one person is generally bad for the town.

I PMed Dolby that Syns was the vig...and killing him was the absolute right move. Any cop who scanned him had lock self knowledge. You got lucky that the "let's scan Bianca" movement kept anyone from scanning him.
How did you identify the vig with the knowledge available?

Hmm...there seems to be a pattern here :cry: Last game, Evan was confirmed scum by me...wasn't Lynched. Gamez was confirmed scum by me, wasn't lynched.

Next time, I am town, I will have a townie lynched ...maybe mafia will be done in that way:shifty:

How did you identify the vig with the knowledge available?
Syn was acting super viggy d1 lol

Totally.

Syns immediate concern: "but if the vig claims the vig gets killed!"

Okay, Syns the vig.

Then when he fake claimed a read he just copied an already existing read so he wouldn't confuse the town. Maf is in a bind trying to make reads that will confuse the town as much as possible. That's either real, in which case he'd have been crying the blues, or it's a fake.

That may be true. Once the game is solved the vig doesn’t matter. And getting rid of a fake scan clears up some confusion. But on the other hand consolidating scans on one person is generally bad for the town.

I can see how it would be generally bad, but concentrated on the vig is an exception. If you read the vig town you know you are either sane/naive. If you read the vig wolf you know you are either insane or paranoid. That is tremendous value. As someone pointed out, the only value in everyone reads Bianca is if she died...with everyone reads the vig you get that value without the kill.

The only scan that tells you anything, really, is a vig scan...unless you happen to scan someone who dies. Argon would have won the game if he had scanned Chox instead of Arakhor because Chox flipped. Luck broke for the wolves there.

I had an anxiety dream last night that Argon switched ten minutes before the deadline, so I was still half-convinced that he had when I woke up this morning. :lol:

My strategy in the game was to play Naive Cop and then play that to the hilt, which was assisted by the whole Jovian/Bianca weirdness that I already pointed out.

I had an anxiety dream last night that Argon switched ten minutes before the deadline, so I was still half-convinced that he had when I woke up this morning. :lol:

My strategy in the game was to play Naive Cop and then play that to the hilt, which was assisted by the whole Jovian/Bianca weirdness that I already pointed out.

Their "weirdness" was that they both KNEW you were mafia. Your weirdness was acting like you didn't know they were. Or acting like you didn't know that you should have known I guess...lol

This game was massively fun to watch!!!

I was actually planning on switching to reading chox, but I forgot to do that when other things came up. I should have done a last minute switch like I did before just for fun, but oh well.

Totally.

Syns immediate concern: "but if the vig claims the vig gets killed!"

Okay, Syns the vig.

I don't really see how, given that my comment about the vig came after two other people brought it up. I mean, I didn't bother trying to hide it, really, but I still don't see how I was acting "viggy" without the hindsight of knowing I was the vig. My contributions were rather bare. Even the initial wolf kill was only because I was charting.

However, I don't think me making it past N1 would have been good for town. My plan was to lie D1 and hard claim at the beginning of D2, then kill someone N2. But at the time of that decision, I had my eyes on Bianca. So me being let loose would have just expedited things.

Half my reason for agreeing with Gamez that you needed to die, Syn, was to deliberately avoid you being in Argon's situation on D3, as no townie deserves to win two games for the mafia in a row!

I don't really see how, given that my comment about the vig came after two other people brought it up. I mean, I didn't bother trying to hide it, really, but I still don't see how I was acting "viggy" without the hindsight of knowing I was the vig. My contributions were rather bare. Even the initial wolf kill was only because I was charting.

However, I don't think me making it past N1 would have been good for town. My plan was to lie D1 and hard claim at the beginning of D2, then kill someone N2. But at the time of that decision, I had my eyes on Bianca. So me being let loose would have just expedited things.
I actually identified you as the vig because MJ and Choxorn were identified off of the N0 reads alone. Argon was talking way too much about being a cop, and Bianca volunteered to be lynched. We had already decided to kill you before I made that analysis but it just made the decision better.

The only scan that tells you anything, really, is a vig scan...unless you happen to scan someone who dies. Argon would have won the game if he had scanned Chox instead of Arakhor because Chox flipped. Luck broke for the wolves there.

Yeah, would confirm he's either Sane or Naive, and he couldn't be Naive with both Arakhor and Bianca having reads only consistent with being the Naive Cop, and they couldn't both be scum because then 3 townie cops all got the same read on Bianca, which is impossible, so that would confirm Argon is Sane and that Marcher/Bianca town, Arakhor/GamezRule scum

I was actually leaning more towards Marcher/Bianca than the actual scum because some things about your behavior felt mildly suspicious to me, more so than Arakhor and GamezRule

GG Arakhor and Gamer. I might run one of these micro setups myself after Smiley Mafia 3 concludes.

Top Bottom