Micro: Dethy5 WWNDD? COMPLETE (TOWN VICTORY)

I am brute forced to be the Naive cop.
TGT can only be the Negative Nancy with Takhisis' claimed result, which he never gets as negative nancy. He flipped town.
Synsensa cannot be Insane cop, can only be Sane or Mafia.
Takhisis cannot be Sane cop with topsecret's results. He cannot be mafia with everyone's claims. He must be the Insane cop.
Which means he has a useful result that proves topsecret is mafia.
Therefore topsecret has made an impossible claim as there are no other universes, and is mafia.

Vote: topsecret

GG.

Playing optimally I believe the lone mafioso only gets a coin flip, unless town really borks it.

And No Elimination is always superior in Dethy setup, because there are worlds where the game ends on N2. This is the optimal result, barring someone getting yeeted d1 more or less randomly.

One day I will play a game with pizza where I am not a wolf :lol:

Well played everyone.

Town didn't make an unrecoverable stumble on day one, and we were on an optimal path. We gave up a little extra info, but in the end, the mafioso here has to make some blind decisions and sometimes they don't work out.

If town makes correct decisions then it leads to a brute force checkmate, as with a typical game with no powers. Nothing mafia can do if town just guesses right.

Thank you for the game, @Ace Marvel

I haven't analyzed the game from the mafia's perspective, topsecret, but it's hard to win against optimal town play. It's possible to force the claims to be a 50/50 guess with a correct lie pattern and correct murder pattern but there's nothing you can do if town narrows it to 50 50 and guesses right. You played just fine, man. Not your fault imo.

Town played cooperatively and Takh and Synsensa both having useful scan results is brutal on D2. I also tried to die at night, which was correct, and TGT died at night, which was pro town.

Literally every townie played just fine. Almost optimally. This was a good example of good town play in a Dethy setup.

I also refused to look at a Dethy setup wiki so literally all of this is from memory from like 9 years ago.

Dethy setups are common but not on the sites I typically play on.

If my memory was faulty or my solve was bad, that just makes the game more sporting. I could be wrong about some of the things I said about the expected outcomes, because I don't remember everything exactly.

One day I will play a game with pizza where I am not a wolf :lol:
Dethy is night chess and good factional play as an exercise by town, and the mafia forced to make optimal night chess moves.

It's not really mafia, imo. Mafia is when we have to guess and have no info. We might get to a coin flip ending but even that is still based mostly on night actions.

I did cold read TGT town on D1, and incorrectly read topsecret town and Synsensa wolfy on D1. So I was trying to play mafia.

Night chess overrides playing mafia.

Wait I need to do the reveals.

Top-secret conceded he was Shelby Woo
Spoiler :
ND5.png

Askthepizzaguy was Naive Nancy
Spoiler :
ND1.png

Synsensa was Sane Nancy
Spoiler :
ND2.png

Takhisis was Insane Nancy
Spoiler :
ND3.png

TheGoldenTyranno was Negative Nancy
Spoiler :
ND4.png

Last edited:
If Takh had a useless result, I would have gone with Synsensa as being town based on his breaking of procedure to hard claim everything with less info.

That was solvy and very risky for the wolf to do with 2 missing results, and would always have won for town here in final 3 even if Takh didn't have a useful result.

So, note for future wolves: There is a chance to take a risk on a loss, and a risk on town not having a brute force solve, and make a claim with timing and solving and WIM that indicates villagery, so you win the 50/50 endgame where it's narrowed to 2 candidates but there's no way to resolve between them except by looking villagery.

Outside of claims, TGT was villagery D1 and Synensa was villagery D2 because of that.

If a mafioso behaves villagery and makes optimal NKs they can win Dethy even with optimal town play outside of their D3 50 50 guess.

That's pretty much it for my postgame commentary.

It was a genuine pleasure to look forward to this game and try and play it optimally, and everyone here in the game was a delight to play with.

It is also nice to have a game that is relatively low stress. As simple as this game was, this was a potent concentration of fun for me personally in a short time frame, without stifling my real life or other duties.

I will always hold this game dear to my heart, since is the first one I host.
Pizza, Tak, TGT, Syn, and TS, thank you so much for being part of this mess. ILY!! :)
Also thank you Dolby and Bianca for their support!

https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/yTwusKsxfKD
Here is the link to the QT

Congratulations on asking yourselves what would we do? And solving this mystery. :)

Actually, you know what? I don't want to wait for @Askthepizzaguy's plan. I'm Sane Nancy. I scanned TGT innocent N0, and I scanned Topsecret wolf N1.

Pizza scanned TGT N0 as well, innocent. He is Naive Nancy.

Takhisis and TGT got wolf results N0, making them Negative Nancy and Insane Nancy. Whichever they are is irrelevant.

TS is the wolf.
Game winning scan target and decision making. (This made me independently town read Syn even without Takh's involvement)

IMO Synsensa is town's MVP, but Takhisis also made a useful and game ending scan.

TGT and I played pretty optimally for useless scan result role, and town read each other. So, everyone strong candidate for that. Good job in particular, Synsensa!

My "strategy" was to pick a "side": innocent scanners or guilty scanners. Kill the other two and try to blend it, faking my results as the same as one other person. I had already decided to fake Syn as scum unless he came up with a town scan on me. Seems the best way to blend in, but a town who knows what they are doing can getcha anyway.

Top Bottom