• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

[NFP] September Update Video Discussion

So considering that the Gaul/Byzantium pack releases the 24th (next Thursday), I'm guessing that we'll get the Byzantine first look on Thursday and the Gaul first look on the following Tuesday.

Also like 100% they inserted that clip of video reference because people complained about the resting animations

Well that also looks like the slots for where the Entertainment Complex buildings go. But that district doesn't look entertaining at all. :lol:

Nope, the districts looks too different. The buildings slots don't match. Look:
upload_2020-9-14_17-42-51.png

Not the same orientation nor size nor anything. It's not an Entertainment Complex. It's an Industrial Zone.

So Venice must be a replacement for Antioch then right?

Another cool-sounding game mode brought down by poor design decisions.

The more powerful effects of Dark and Golden ages are good, but when it's at the cost of losing dedications, Normal and Heroic ages, it's just never gonna be played. It's a more binary and less interesting mode as a result.

They should have just boosted the effects of each age type and otherwise kept it the same.
This. When I read that Heroic and Normal ages were removed it just seemed like a downgrade. Why can't they expand on features or add new ones...

I am quite excited about the new game mode. I find the current age system a little bit underwhelming - the different ages, the dark and normal ones especially, don't feel particularly impactful.
So I'm all up for making them more dramatic - being in a dark age should feel rough.

What I'm curious to see is the exact implementation of the system. From what I saw, it looks like the number of cities lost in a dark age is directly tied to game difficulty, rather than other factors, which is a bit bland. Also, I'm curious to see what determines which cities are lost - the ones with the lowest loyalty, ones on the edge of your empire, etc?

Also, some of the dark and golden age policies seem interesting
Spoiler Policies :

policies.png

This. When I read that Heroic and Normal ages were removed it just seemed like a downgrade. Why can't they expand on features or add new ones...
But imagine when half our cities as well as our neighbor’s cities rebel and we have to deal with the fallout and possibilities. :D

Another cool-sounding game mode brought down by poor design decisions.

The more powerful effects of Dark and Golden ages are good, but when it's at the cost of losing dedications, Normal and Heroic ages, it's just never gonna be played. It's a more binary and less interesting mode as a result.

They should have just boosted the effects of each age type and otherwise kept it the same.

Couldn't agree more.

Anton said that with two new Civs will be two new districts. So Gaul shooting village has to be a district and The Byzantines will get one as well.
I'm expecting a Hippodrome as an Unique Entertainment Complex for the Byzantines.
Either that or a Lavra 2.0. :dunno:

Thoughts:

Gaul is a surprise to me, and surprises are always welcome. I thought FXS have done with western Europe.

Biosphere, the Swamp and Rainforest Petra. We'd have a lot of discussions about the current useless of swamps and rainforests recently, so that is a good change (although the name "Biosphere" suggests that this will be an Atomic or Information Era wonder, which means when you build it you probably have all the marshes in your empire already removed).

Dramatic Era - that's basically how the vicissitude of civilizations works in real life, at least in epics and other sorts of literature narratives. I fully agree with the idea behind this mode, and I am happy to see the departure of Normal Ages. My only problem is that cities instant flipping seems too harsh, like everyone is becoming Eleanor right now.

The Frenchman in me is happy Gaul is being added, although living in Ireland I hope we'll see it too some day (one can hope!)

And having been to the Biosphere I'm delighted to see it and get some Quebec representation!

The new game mode sounds interesting, but will need testing I feel to get a clearer impression.

Georgia buff in that mode and Byzantium inclusion are both great news too. Sounds like a solid pack.

If this is their definition of 'more historical game modes', I think I will just stop caring about the modes at this point. They clearly seem to just be some modifiers you add to a game when you want a 'crazy' game, rather than proper expansions of the game's gameplay.

Furthermore, these modes actually don't seem like new ideas to spice things up. They're actually old ideas that were cut do to play testing/QA. Now I realize why they weren't in the game in the first place.

Top Bottom