Root Mafia (Game Thread - Mafia Victory)

I dunno about masons really. If there are more than one faction with KP, I guess town protective roles make more sense. I think the game is fairly heavy on PR though, if we accept Rhand's claim.

Only one kill: either one protective role, or both mafia killed the Rhand (no TMI, I have already designed a multiball, it's not reasonable to have 3KP, with so few players also). Or it's a cultist game. I think the 2 first options are equally probable. Much more than the third (but maybe it's just a wish I have)

If u want more mech speculation, I think it's a 12 v 2 v 2 v Rhand game.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a mafia roleblocker either, to add another option to the list. This does presume some kind of "designated killer" for the mafia teams as opposed to it being a team kill, but that's not unusual.

And like Arakhor (hi Arakhor!) I feel like my expectations from multiball in general lead me to believe in more total mafia than just four.

I'm not considering a cult given that, thank god, the backstory doesn't support there being one.

I agree with Arahkor and Renata on scum number I guess.

Bottom line is that I am not that much motivated by the mech theory here. It s a distraction from reads.

Now I really need to sleep. I am waking up in 3 hours and half lol. Expect some zombie posts from me closing EOD :sleep:

HF folks

Sleep well, Ras.

I could wish for more things going on, but I feel like there's a good chance the scum sides are frozen.

Multi all always makes my head hurt. Wolves have incentive to scum hunt and have the lack of info necessary to be genuinely villagery while doing so. I regret missing rod last time and not voting so I shall vote here for my favorite, a tie. You know the rules so prepare to die,
Vote: Ace

Because Ace Marvel is busy with life, and you will eventually do it on your own.
But I don't have a life! I'm under lockdown!
Multi all always makes my head hurt. Wolves have incentive to scum hunt and have the lack of info necessary to be genuinely villagery while doing so. I regret missing rod last time and not voting so I shall vote here for my favorite, a tie. You know the rules so prepare to die,
Vote: Ace
To be honest, LordArgon's piling onto the waggon like that almost makes me want to unvote Ace Marvel already.

Well Take I thought you were mainly doing it because of Kpop so I think if you have someone better then yeah vote away, not just cause of me.

I've seen "<thing> is frozen" a few times on the last page or so, what does that mean?

They a like a deer in the headlights

I've seen "<thing> is frozen" a few times on the last page or so, what does that mean?
A lot of times, when someone is Mafia and they get called out and suspected, they tend to freeze up, in that they leave the thread and don’t respond, or they don’t immediately respond to questions that they might otherwise as town because they’re in the Mafia BTSC getting guidance from their scumbuddies.

that may not be the fullest explanation, but it’s more or less how I understand the concept. Like LA said above, they’re like a deer in the headlights and not reacting, like they’re frozen with fear over what to say in response

Sidenote, but Esooa is very quiet and that is very weird. I know this whole game is weird for me at least because I’m not used to things being so empty for long stretches without any posts, but Esooa is someone who can usually still manage to speak up and even compared to the mellow atmosphere, she’s very lowkey and that is not how I would describe Esooa

OK sorry for being absent today, I have subbed in Zack's game at the org and it's dense.

Though I don't see much changing my reads rn. #773 #779

I think Renata's on to something and definatly townreading her. I'll shield her if need be today. And LoS too.
don't talk about on going games btw

Sidenote, but Esooa is very quiet and that is very weird. I know this whole game is weird for me at least because I’m not used to things being so empty for long stretches without any posts, but Esooa is someone who can usually still manage to speak up and even compared to the mellow atmosphere, she’s very lowkey and that is not how I would describe Esooa
I'm busy

honestly this day 2 should just be extremely easy. I have a few strong town read and there's like, 5-6 mafia probably. So my PoE is probably dense as fudge with mafia so I'm kinda just cool with killing into it indiscriminately

Oh no, a scummy-looking townie was mischopped on D1 like happens in almost all Mafia games ever, guess we better immediately suspect every single player who voted for them for no other reason than for voting for the townie, because they flipped town.

We’re sorry, Iawy doesn’t accept BS as a valid scumspicion currency, try another legal tender to complete your transaction or cancel your order now

Putting me in the yeet category because I was voting for a flipped townie, directly stating that this is basically the only reason you have me here, but that I am PoE’ed regardless and you want me to die but “not yet” feels like lower than L1 because you evidently have not read anything of my content at all and are hiding behind “Jo was town = all of Jo’s voters are not town”, which is such an off-kilter read as it is

Heeey, quite a strong defensive reaction here. I'm not saying "hey lets kill everyone that mislynches townies because reasons muahahaha"

Its D2, not a whole lot of things happened solution wise and I still got a lot of null reads to sort. You got down to yeet zone not only because you yeeted Jo, but also because I couldnt find a reason to put you in a good light on top of that. Yeeting villagers is reason enough to be yeeted? No, but when you lack further suspects its a better option than yeeting other people (and since there are better people to yeet, I didnt even come to that yet).

NGL, I don't like this. For several reasons (convenient changes on folks you have great partner equity with - would be usefull to detail your progression on Ace and Tak :popcorn:; Renata being your top town - I mean I agree with the read, even the tinfoil - but I need to check your progression on this slot too, if any; the kind words you used to read me, almost the very same I used to speak about you... they are probably more)

I am going to reread you now and forget Renata's case and your vote switchero at EOD1 while doing it.
If you are town, you have 24 hours to show it, doable imo. If you are town, don't let this by your "small contribution to the game".

The sudden changes have a reason: I skimmed/derped all my way through D1, and only now did I take a while to carefully read what was going on. Sus and highly convenient for a wolf? Yes, but it's the truth :dunno:

not a whole lot of progression to check since I only started thinking now :D

About showing myself town, you know that it is easier said than done fellow Rask. I have no good memories of fighting ATPG's relentless prosecution when he decided D1 that I was a wolf and had to die :p

PS: I did manage to convince him to yeet somebody else at the last minute and thus saved my villager ass (as I hope to do again), but the pyschological price may have been too high (yep I have a terrible habit of being brazen sus every game)

Bolding is mine and is the point here more so than the change of opinion.

G1K on Day One talking about Takhisis

Was the PM thing a real slip? Didn't look like that to me, going to read again.

About the wagon it isn't bad per se, but it happened kinda soon dont you think? And yeah I pushed for a counter wagon because pod racing is fun and helpful for reading later. I dont see that as trying hard to derail the lynch tho

G1K on Day Two talking about Takhisis

takhisis - reading it all over from the start made me notice that 'possible Role PM' slip first noted by Rhand, and its quite sus indeed (unless he got town PR, which is unlikely if he doesnt get killed soon); is this enough to warrant a yeet? Hardly, but given the current game state and the fact that reading into Takh is extra-hard, its quite enough.

Sure Jan.

Top Bottom