Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

You aren't the only ones to have had problems recently with their user title.

I tried a couple different browsers (Chrome and Firefox) on a couple different devices (ipad and Windows PC), and no dice. I am thinking now maybe my account is lacking a necessary privilege to change the title. I definitely have been a member for more than 30 days though and posted more than 30 messages too. Maybe not 30 wonderful or useful messages, but far more than 30 total.

Been brainstorming titles and still undecided but thought up a joke you might find amusing:

Who is crewing the Flying Dutchman? Poldergeists...
Please give it another try. Have manually changed your privileges.

How do you get that message under your post? At first I thought it was status, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Is their a threshold like the custom titles, or am I just too dumb to find where it is?

Rules update:

Signatures are limited to 5 lines of regular (size 4) text. Using smaller text (size 3) allows 6 lines of text, or (size 2) allows 7 lines of text. No text size larger than size 4 should be used. The number of lines for any text size includes blank lines and room used by emoticons and is evaluated at 1024x768 resolution. Images, aside from this sites emoticons, are not allowed.
Moderator Action: edit - changed the text sizes and lines allowed to be in line with the changes brought by the xenForo upgrade. leif

Link to full rules.

Moderator Action: If you have any questions about this change in what is allowed in your signature, please ask an Admin.

Where do I post some suggestion/ideas for a civilization type of game?
Do you mean like suggestions and ideas for already existing games or suggestions and ideas for non-existent games?

It is possible.

Hit the reply button, highlight the quote and cut it. Then go to the new thread and paste it in place.

For pictures and media, you would most likely need to download the image and then attach it to your post in the new thread.

To update my profile I now need my Home page URL. I have no idea where to find this and the Internet is of no use. So I guess I will just go with my info that must be over 20 years old.

Why do you feel the need to show any home page URL on your profile? That is entirely optional, and the vast majority of CFC users do not show any home page. For privacy reasons, few people are comfortable linking to a "real life" home page, but you do see some linking to pages that are (more or less) anonymous, like their Steam profile (to facilitate MP coordination).

(In the FWIW category, when the URL that a user chooses to display leads to a commercial site, that's a strong sign that the user may be an auto-bot or a spammer, so the option to display a home page URL can have some indirect utility to site admins.)

Top Bottom