Would You EatThis: The Kiwiburger?

Like almost everything, self-made burgers can be really good.
You decide what's used and actually..meat doesn't have to be on burgers. Can be replaced by ham and any other ideas.
MC Donalds etc may have given burgers an unhealthy (or just junk food) reputation, but that can easily be changed

^Isn't a burger anything that has a round centerpiece? (by which definition, Oxford university is a burger).
It doesn't have to be meat (could be vegetables), but not a slice as the center. Then again, round-cut ham does exist, but I still thought of that as being in a sandwich.

^Isn't a burger anything that has a round centerpiece? (by which definition, Oxford university is a burger).
It doesn't have to be meat (could be vegetables), but not a slice as the center. Then again, round-cut ham does exist, but I still thought of that as being in a sandwich.
I suspect putting round slices of meat in rolls predates burgers.

One of the best burgers I ever had was a greasy spoon mom & pop restaurant. They put an entire slice of onion on it, only partially grilled, with an egg on top of that. I was astounded at how good it tasted. Obviously, I don't eat beef any longer but I didn't know egg and excessive onion could combine like that.

Beets are not food in any form.
If you do not mind me asking, how do you feel about other similar vegetables, such as turnips, swedes (Rutabaga?) and even carrots?

I really like beetroot, they are about the sweetest of that type of vegetable and are great for adding colour to a meal. If you make a roux sauce out of the water you use to cook them it makes the most vivid pink colour, I would not believe it was a natural colour if I had not just made it.

Last edited:
I like beetroot salad :)

Bak to the OP image:

1673977993169.png

I don't like how it is presented. Looks alive, like a crab (the potatoes are its claws) :p Must be the strangely disproportionate bread-bun on top.

Going by google, it appears the defining trait of a "kiwiburger" is that it has a fried egg in it.
I am not really enticed by the idea of eating an egg and a burger at the same time...

Also, what does "it's Kiwi as []" mean? Pretty terridumb phrase - let alone that the egg there looks like a slice of orange ^^ Maybe "this food is what Kiwi is, so everything Kiwi enough is approximating in that a Kiwiburger"?

1673978514717.png

Yes

Top Bottom