Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

No, the mod is only influenced by History Rewritten in some regards, most notably the tech tree structure (but not the actual techs themselves). It is also using many of the art assets that Xyth created for History Rewritten. But it's not a fork or merge of HR in any way.

I just checked and there were Git updates for the first time in months. How closer is the big map?

Last edited:
Don't read into when I push updates.

Actually the release date for the new map is buried somewhere inside the commit hashes.

Attachments

• France1.png
    France1.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 207
Kerguelen is the key to all of this

My last two out of three playthroughs as Arabs is ruined by Mongolian conqueror spawn on Arabia. Aren't they only supposed to spawn on Persia and Mesopotamia?
Also Seljuk doesn't spawn their conqueror anymore when I vassalize them. That made me felt miss them lol.

What are exact requirements for civilization to be able to respawn/be released? I know that each civilization can respawn only during certain time interval, but game date seems not to be the only restriction, because you cannot just release civilization immediately after you conquered it, even when you did it long before its historical collapse.

My last two out of three playthroughs as Arabs is ruined by Mongolian conqueror spawn on Arabia. Aren't they only supposed to spawn on Persia and Mesopotamia?
Also Seljuk doesn't spawn their conqueror anymore when I vassalize them. That made me felt miss them lol.
Seljuks do not spawn if you vassalize them.I think Mongol hordes are somewhat randomized to within your core area iirc, I've had them invade as Byzantium a few times

See here:
  • The civ has to not be alive
  • Dead for at least 20 turns
  • In its designated respawn time period
  • Not excluded by a mutually exclusive civilization

Anyone remember where the discussion about completely multiple civ's UHVs in the same game?

Anyone remember where the discussion about completely multiple civ's UHVs in the same game?
This one?

So last night I made a quick chart summarizing UHV timeline for all civs. I went by in-game descriptions so it's possible I was misled by the wording, but otherwise I went with three categories for UHVs:
-IN, which have to be completed at a specific date,
-BY, which can be completed earlier,
-OTH, other UHVs that don't have a specific limit (and are the most problematic since how early you can complete them depends on your skill, and there may be a hard limit).

Assuming unlimited civ switchs are allowed (which can be fixed in WorldBuilder's options and should be the default in later releases if I understood Leoreth correctly), then I think it's in theory possible to complete the UHV for 6 civs in the same game:

* Harappa:
-Spawn 3000 BC,
-BY 800 BC.

* Rome:
-Spawn 760 BC,
-IN 320 AD,
-OTH: "Be the first to discover Architecture, Politics, Scholarship, Machinery and Civil Service".

* Vikings:
-Spawn 545 AD,
-IN 1050 AD,
-BY: "Acquire 3000 gold by pillaging, conquering cities and sinking ships by 1500 AD".

* Mongolia:
-Spawn 1190 AD,
-IN 1300 AD,
-BY: "Control 12% of world territory by 1500 AD".

* Dutch:
-Spawn 1580 AD,
-BY: "Acquire seven Spice resources by 1775 AD".

* Then any of the latest civs (America, Argentina, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil or Canada).

Most of these transitions are unproblematic since the UHV ends before the next civ starts. The exceptions are Rome-to-Vikings and Vikings-to-Mongolia. The challenge is getting the Roman techs before 545 AD and the Viking gold before 1190 AD. The former sounds possible with smart tech progression, the latter should be made easier if you prepare as Rome to leave a lot of lightly defended cities and ships.

Chinese UHV completed with Monarchy - no Despotism whipping! (On Monarch difficulty no less)

[OK I ran Despotism to whip some units out for about 10 turns but that was after the first two UHVs. :D]

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG
    480.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    455 KB · Views: 56
  • Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    353.6 KB · Views: 90
I am not sure, but maybe additional 43 camel archers which moors got after I didn't let them go is a little too much?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
Top Bottom