Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Than the mod starts.
I can adjust the options but if i want to Start the game I have a ctd.
Is your game set to any language other than English?

Languages other than English are not supported, please try it again after setting the game to English.

I just lost my power as Inca when reaching Reneissance, is this feature or a bug? Also, is there a way I could turn it back on using console or editing some files? I would really like to carry on with my run but without their power Inca core land is just too dreadful for my taste...
Also, if that is intended feature it's delivery looks kind of buggy - see screenshot where it looks as if I could use mountains but only outside of my territory

Anyway - amazing mod, keep up the good work, can't wait for new map, and my appologies if I post it in wrong cathegory.

Attachments

• obraz_2023-05-08_202032993.png
    obraz_2023-05-08_202032993.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 146
Yes, the Inca UP runs out by the Renaissance. Unfortunately I do not think there is an easy way for you to turn it back on. But I will look into fixing the display bug.

Hi. Is it possible to win domination victory in the mod?
Yes, it's even something of a challenge where some players like to pick the most unlikely civ they can find and try to get that victory.

IIRC the vanilla victory types are left unchanged except for the science victory, which is changed from going to Alpha Centauri to going to Mars and plays a little differently, and the diplomatic victory, which was reworked a bit.

And what about conquest Victory ? Can you, in THIS mod, be the only civ left or is it purely impossible ?

And what about conquest Victory ? Can you, in THIS mod, be the only civ left or is it purely impossible ?
You can do it with Mongolia since they get no stability penalty for razing cities.

Clarification question - the rule that towns in your core count as a core population, do they have to be on a tile in your core, or does a town on a tile outside your core worked by a core city count?

No, it needs to be on a core tile.

No, it needs to be on a core tile.
Clarification: so it's not just the city population number that counts toward your population count but also town improvements?

Yes.

Inquiring dadapons would like to know

while having vassals - you can do it with varios civs (i made a guide for such Rome game). And i think w/o vassals Rome, Greece and Persia can do it also, but it will be hard. Mongols 100% can with time
UPD. Just tried Persia game - 20 turns left for Byzantia spawn and not much rivals left, probably if i build more army - i could manage destroy all rivals while in golden age (Ephiopia, China, Tamils and Korea, but there also Maya, but they often collapse fast... )
UPD2. I went to WB to add some troops and kill them all afterall. No victory sceen and no end of history. Didnt know, what with Statue of Zeus cites razed instantly. With GA active - i was a little unstable with -88 expansion))
To beat China you'll need very big army, even if you follow the silk road and end up at the core cities, it won't be easy

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0274.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0274.JPG
    434.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
If I raze all core cites of civs (let's take Japan for example) and no one will settle this area, will they ever respawn with, i dont know, settlers? Or will they go into oblivion forever?

If I raze all core cites of civs (let's take Japan for example) and no one will settle this area, will they ever respawn with, i dont know, settlers? Or will they go into oblivion forever?

I know the bossman will lay down the official verdict himself (he's gonna say no 😜 ). I just had to get involved because I genuinely hope you survive the ungodly stability hit and can't wait to hear what the "damage" comes out to. Now if I could actually be helpful for a sec, I can tell you that Portugal and the Netherlands both hold Historical tiles in the south of the "mainland" and America has the island of Okinawa. These are not part of Japan's core so you might still be safe according to rules (if I understand them correctly) but once again I'm sure Big L will give the final word.

I know the bossman will lay down the official verdict himself (he's gonna say no 😜 ). I just had to get involved because I genuinely hope you survive the ungodly stability hit and can't wait to hear what the "damage" comes out to. Now if I could actually be helpful for a sec, I can tell you that Portugal and the Netherlands both hold Historical tiles in the south of the "mainland" and America has the island of Okinawa. These are not part of Japan's core so you might still be safe according to rules (if I understand them correctly) but once again I'm sure Big L will give the final word.
I think taking Japan as example was bad idea, coz boos from this wounderfull country)) Lets take England

Top Bottom