[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Bollibompa said:
Is'nt Archeron the Red Dragon a little bit to easy to kill?
I killed him whith a Axeman and a Warrior...
(They was the only two that survived the long marsch to Archerons city.)

A couple of turns later, at the other side of the world....

"A Demon appeared !" Oooops....

Luckily, the single defending Maceman repelled it.

That would be odd but my testing doesnt show it. In fact the axeman and thew warrior shouldn't even be able to attack Acheron since they will run away in fear.

Kael said:
That would be odd but my testing doesnt show it. In fact the axeman and thew warrior shouldn't even be able to attack Acheron since they will run away in fear.

Yeah! He's even so scary that golems run away from him! <.<

Okay, okay. I know that's been fixed. Just couldn't resist it. >.>
But more seriously, I have to agree with Kael. I don't see how that could've worked short of some, I dunno, incredible luck or something. Every time I try to face him down it takes a huge army because at least four out of five units refuse to attack him.

Nasty bugger that he is.

Cheers!

Kael said:
I dont know when they will come in. It depends on when we get hidden nationality worked out. They aren't checked into 0.15 at this point.

Oh-ho. ~Two~ Lanun heroes? Wow. Do tell!

Or.. I suppose I COULD go read the thread Hian mentioned. But where's the fun in that? >.>

Cheers!

Kael said:
I haven't found him early in the game yet, but when I did later, I used the courage spell on my stack, along with some bombardment with meteors to weaken defense, then could take him out. But never with an axeman and warrior, :lol:

I was playing a game as Ljosalfar. First off, it does seem like the Elven cottages are overpowered, especially in conjuction with Guardian of Nature, but I'm basing that in comparison to Vanilla Civ, having yet to go deep into a game with other races and religions.

Anyway, I built the world project called the Rites of O$$$$. (Can't remember the name.) The description seemed to indicate that new mana nodes would appear on the map, but as far as I can tell, nothing happened. Is that project buggy? I was playing on a Highlands map, if that makes a difference for resource distribution.

BTW, I recommend trying the Highlands map for this mod, it's got a nice fantasy feel in my opinion.

dreiche2 said:
Are the mechanics of the fear effect explained somewhere?

Code:
	if pDefender.isHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_FEAR')):
		if (pAttacker.isHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_COURAGE')) == False and cf.FFHIsAlive(pAttacker)):
			iDef = pDefender.maxCombatStr(pPlot, pAttacker) * 5
			iAtt = pAttacker.maxCombatStr(pPlot, pDefender) * 5
			iBraveChance = 50 - iDef + iAtt
			if iBraveChance <= 20:
				iBraveChance = 20
			if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Fear") > iBraveChance:
				pAttacker.setMadeAttack(True)
				CyInterface().addMessage(pAttacker.getOwner(),True,25,'Attacker is too afraid to attack.','AS2D_DISCOVERBONUS',1,'Art/Interface/Buttons/Promotions/Fear.dds',ColorTypes(7),pAttacker.getX(),pAttacker.getY(),True,True)
				return True

Okay, lets see. First the defender has to have the Fear promotion (attackers that have fear don't do anything). Then it checks to make sure the attacker is alive and doesn't have the courage promotion.

If that all checks out it calculates the iBraveChance (the chance the unit will be able to resist fear). It is 50% minus 5% per point of strength of the defender, +5% per point of strength of the attacker. There is a minimum on iBraveChance, it won't go below 20%.

Then the die is rolled and if the the chance out of 100 is lower than the iBraveChance the unit attacks normally, if not the unit is set as if he attacked, a message is given saying the unit runs away in fear and combat is broken (just like a withdrawal).

mike p said:
I was playing a game as Ljosalfar. First off, it does seem like the Elven cottages are overpowered, especially in conjuction with Guardian of Nature, but I'm basing that in comparison to Vanilla Civ, having yet to go deep into a game with other races and religions.

Anyway, I built the world project called the Rites of O$$$$. (Can't remember the name.) The description seemed to indicate that new mana nodes would appear on the map, but as far as I can tell, nothing happened. Is that project buggy? I was playing on a Highlands map, if that makes a difference for resource distribution.

BTW, I recommend trying the Highlands map for this mod, it's got a nice fantasy feel in my opinion.

Testing is showing that it is working correctly. The nodes pop randomly, so its possible none could show up in your line of sight.

strategyonly said:
Just posted a small scenario called HYRULE (screenie in 10, of my thread) the old SNES game map, i listed all the major+1, FfH2 personnel, that worked on FfH2.:crazyeye: Hope they dont mind??

It took me a while to figure out where i knew Hyrule from. And I call myself a gamer. Shame shame :( .

Great job on the maps though, very nice!

Question: Is there a place where we can change what buildings are allowed in Settlements? I took a quick look through the building tab on the editor, but I didn't seea define for allowing or disallowing a building in a Settlement(would like to test some other "viable" buildings that might be found in such outflung cities as such).

Cheers!

BlazeRedSXT said:
Question: Is there a place where we can change what buildings are allowed in Settlements? I took a quick look through the building tab on the editor, but I didn't seea define for allowing or disallowing a building in a Settlement(would like to test some other "viable" buildings that might be found in such outflung cities as such).

Cheers!

Thats a good idea, but no it isnt set in the editor. Its all Python code. Specifically it comes from the following code in Fall from Heaven 2 015/Assets/Python/entrypoints/CvGameInterface.py in the cannotConstruct function:

Code:
	if pCity.isHasRealBuilding(iSettlement):
		bValid = False
		if (eBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_MEMORIAL') or eBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_WALLS')):
			bValid = True
		if eBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_CITY'):
			if pPlayer.getBuildingClassCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDINGCLASS_CITY")) < cf.FFHGetMaxSprawlingCities():
				bValid = True
		if bValid == False:
			return True

So if you wanted to allow a brewery (for example) you could change it to:

Code:
	if pCity.isHasRealBuilding(iSettlement):
		bValid = False
		if (eBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_MEMORIAL') or eBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_WALLS')):
			bValid = True
[b]		if eBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_BREWERY'):
			bValid = True[/b]
		if eBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_CITY'):
			if pPlayer.getBuildingClassCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDINGCLASS_CITY")) < cf.FFHGetMaxSprawlingCities():
				bValid = True
		if bValid == False:
			return True

Thanks Kael! good info. I will get to work :).

Cheers!

I played Khazad for the first time. The Ljosofar are certainly easier for me personally to play, but I don't know if that means they're not balanced. I realized after an extended war with the Ljosofar that there is a big jump between my str6 warhammers to the str9 arquebus and golems, while he was cranking out rangers and I think he had macemen. Big defensive gameplay for me. It was only after I sued for peace that I realized that I should have been cranking out warriors (1 per turn) and paying to upgrade them, after all generating a lot of money is the strength of the Khazad.

I'm doing that now as I've hit that phase where I'm turning paladin, berzerker, shield wall, druids, etc. I'm still churning out arquebuses. It is interesting to change my style so dramatically. I don't remember ever having to do this in vanilla civ.

ogredpowell said:
Just read the pedia entry on the malakim chariot...NICE

Thanks, I get bored and throw in weird stuff every once in a while. I always wonder if anyone ever really reads that stuff.

I made this little scenario if anyone is interested in testing it.

It is a huge custom made map by me, some fantasy influence of course...

All civilizations starts with three cities and there is alot of barbarian cities around making everything really tough from the start.

There are 18 Civs is the game, some appear twice with different leaders.

I made this only for my self to begin with, but thought I might share it if anyone finds it interesting.

I call this The World of Celebos.

Attachments

• World of Celebos.zip
    28 KB · Views: 104
I do read that (I remember chicken itza :p)

I havent posted for a while, but I read every post in this thread and FfH forum form my work place. Now I just want to say I like new improvements. Warlords are coming out today. I must say that I feel weird.. Naturaly I would be glad to have them. But now I feel like, damn, great wall and playing as barbs and vassal states, that is all fancy, but I really want them because I'm 99.9% sure I will need them to play next FfH version. In fact I don't like new options because it will require me not to play FfH... ;) But I'm sure that Warlords are at least 25% better because Kael tested them.

Some general suggestions which don't fit anywhere...
There is city called Dragon Breath, not sure of which civ, probably remained from harbaal civ set, but since we have sheaim and kuriotates, it simply doesnt fit...
Could scorch (or any other spell) improve tundra?
Vampires are waaaaaay too strong. And I dont mean vampiric units, but 'vampire' as a unit. Str. 7 is too strong and also starts with vampirism. I feasted unitl he got 100 xp (took 2 turns) and then he killed red dragon (with 99.7% chance.) Vampire should be crappy unit, str. 3-4, or maybe even non combat, but unit just to spread vampirism on other units. Second, feasting xp should be reduced significantly (it gives up to 8 xp now, usualy 5-6, and it should be like 2-3-4)
Burning Blood is OK on moroi, but on priests (It is divine spell, I have them on priests of kilmorph) it is useless. Maybe if priests had other spell, completely same as burning blood but that could be casted on unit in your stack. Suiciding priests is useless.
Keep up the good work!

TheJopa said:
I do read that (I remember chicken itza :p)

I havent posted for a while, but I read every post in this thread and FfH forum form my work place. Now I just want to say I like new improvements. Warlords are coming out today. I must say that I feel weird.. Naturaly I would be glad to have them. But now I feel like, damn, great wall and playing as barbs and vassal states, that is all fancy, but I really want them because I'm 99.9% sure I will need them to play next FfH version. In fact I don't like new options because it will require me not to play FfH... ;) But I'm sure that Warlords are at least 25% better because Kael tested them.

Some general suggestions which don't fit anywhere...
There is city called Dragon Breath, not sure of which civ, probably remained from harbaal civ set, but since we have sheaim and kuriotates, it simply doesnt fit...

Fixed.

Could scorch (or any other spell) improve tundra?

I like the dicotomy that water magic improves your terrain and fire only damages your opponents. Although it makes sense that scorch would improve tundras, I dont want fire magic to be a "builder" sphere.

Vampires are waaaaaay too strong. And I dont mean vampiric units, but 'vampire' as a unit. Str. 7 is too strong and also starts with vampirism. I feasted unitl he got 100 xp (took 2 turns) and then he killed red dragon (with 99.7% chance.) Vampire should be crappy unit, str. 3-4, or maybe even non combat, but unit just to spread vampirism on other units. Second, feasting xp should be reduced significantly (it gives up to 8 xp now, usualy 5-6, and it should be like 2-3-4)

Your right but I aways make minor adjustments. I will reduce the strength from 7 to 6 and the xp from population - 1 to population -1 in 0.15.

Burning Blood is OK on moroi, but on priests (It is divine spell, I have them on priests of kilmorph) it is useless. Maybe if priests had other spell, completely same as burning blood but that could be casted on unit in your stack. Suiciding priests is useless.
Keep up the good work!

The priests are speced to be able to cast it on other units. But we are having some issues with targeting spells. Once those issues are worked out a few spells (including this one) with be targetable.

Top Bottom