[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Hey. Was wondering if it is possible to create custom heroes and such using the ffh2 editor? Tried to create a Dwarf King Thorgrim who would be a unique unit for Khazad. Had set requirements to build him with Tech: Monarchy and Building: Khazad Palace. Had no idea how to set graphics and such so left him with Bamburs text entry. He would start with immunity to magic and have loyalty promotion and was thinking of creating a custom spell like skill for him alon called Stone Skin which would grant a defensive bonus to all dwarfs in stack. Anyways is this possible?

Thanks!!

Morbius Wraith said:
Hey. Was wondering if it is possible to create custom heroes and such using the ffh2 editor? Tried to create a Dwarf King Thorgrim who would be a unique unit for Khazad. Had set requirements to build him with Tech: Monarchy and Building: Khazad Palace. Had no idea how to set graphics and such so left him with Bamburs text entry. He would start with immunity to magic and have loyalty promotion and was thinking of creating a custom spell like skill for him alon called Stone Skin which would grant a defensive bonus to all dwarfs in stack. Anyways is this possible?

Thanks!!

Its easy enough to use the editor to add the unit and give him the promotions. The custom spell would take some python programming to make.

Kael said:
Its easy enough to use the editor to add the unit and give him the promotions. The custom spell would take some python programming to make.

Awsome thanks for the feedback. Is there any documentation on using the editor? Doesn't seem terribly hard, but any help is better than none :)

Morbius Wraith said:
Awsome thanks for the feedback. Is there any documentation on using the editor? Doesn't seem terribly hard, but any help is better than none :)

No, sorry. What little info there is is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=174493 so if you have questions and stuff that would be a good place to ask them (so those trying down the road can benifit).

thealien_83 said:
10. Updated the SpellCode to revision 77, hopefully this fixes the multiplayer OOS issue with targeted spells.

Still a problem. Played a game with Garrett/Skavian last night or so, and it still gives the same thing. So apparently that still haunts us. Alas.

Anyways, just thought I'd let you know.

Cheers!
:( Grumble. It worked for me... but that was with spells that did next to nothing and was the FFHSpells component only, and was a lan game, and was only 2 players... I'll have to try all of FFH2 on those two computers and see if its occurring in the transition from FFHSpells to FFH or if its something where it only works on my machine.

talchas said:
:( Grumble. It worked for me... but that was with spells that did next to nothing and was the FFHSpells component only, and was a lan game, and was only 2 players... I'll have to try all of FFH2 on those two computers and see if its occurring in the transition from FFHSpells to FFH or if its something where it only works on my machine.

Im uploading the internal 0.15 right now with source right now Talchas. So it will be there if you want to check and make sure I integrated your changes correctly.

talchas said:

*nods* We play almost exclusively with DirectIP online games. I'll go ahead and check if it happens when I play with other people as well, just in case.

If it's of any relevance, I can try and document which spells specifically are causing it, but from having talked to Skavian I'm under the assumption that it's basically all targeted spells. I tend to avoid using them myself.

Anyway. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you folks will figure it out sooner or later. Meanwhile we'll wait patiently. ;)

And on a totally unrelated note, is there anything exciting planned for the Sheaim in the near future? After the above issue, the Sheaim is probably the one thing he's most obsessed with, so if I could tell him they're getting something sweet he might stop yakking about it for a bit. ^_^

Anyways. Good on ya.

Cheers!

We got an OOS today using .14c. It happened on casting Domination. One oddity is that I selected the same target to try to resolve it, but her version failed and mine succeeded. Talk about your alternate universes.....

Kael,

I know that a Gob could stack with a barb wolf to create a wolf rider. One of my captured wolf was running back home when he met a gob and it seems that he can "stole" it to create a w. rider. Right ? If true, my wolves will ask for a panther guard to travel safely...

The Frog.

Hian the Frog said:
Kael,

I know that a Gob could stack with a barb wolf to create a wolf rider. One of my captured wolf was running back home when he met a gob and it seems that he can "stole" it to create a w. rider. Right ? If true, my wolves will ask for a panther guard to travel safely...

The Frog.

Yeap, goblins steal wolves.

Wow! Thats Coooooool!
Goblins stealing wolfs is an awesome idea :)
Last game there was a dumb lion that thought it could escape my carneval. I couldn't believe my eyes first. Then I caged it again by "killing" it with an acrobat. That are some great detail features you put into the game!

If I play Clan or have dominated a goblin, can I steal a wolf to form a wolfrider, too?

War Chicken said:
Wow! Thats Coooooool!
Goblins stealing wolfs is an awesome idea :)
Last game there was a dumb lion that thought it could escape my carneval. I couldn't believe my eyes first. Then I caged it again by "killing" it with an acrobat. That are some great detail features you put into the game!

If I play Clan or have dominated a goblin, can I steal a wolf to form a wolfrider, too?

Yeap .

Kael,

It's about Lannun. I read the thread about heroes and i saw that two Lannun heroes will be added. When ? Have you got an idea ? 0.15 or after ?

The Frog.

I think the Luchuirp still have some inconsistancies to work out. For instance, as of the 14d patch, you don't need a golem workshop to make an iron golem. In fact, a copper golem is better than an iron golem, although I am unsure if this is intentional. I think all the golems should require the workshop save those that need the sculptor's studio instead. I also think mud golems need to have their costs reduced (I know this is a popular request, but I do agree), but perhaps add another more expensive mud golem unit that will work innately faster, and have the original work at the standard speed.

Overall, I love the changes that have been coming. Thank you all for the hard work.

Is'nt Archeron the Red Dragon a little bit to easy to kill?
I killed him whith a Axeman and a Warrior...
(They was the only two that survived the long marsch to Archerons city.)

A couple of turns later, at the other side of the world....

"A Demon appeared !" Oooops....

Luckily, the single defending Maceman repelled it.

Since they were the only surviving members of the strike force, I assume they were quite high level when they reached Acheron? Killing a 18 STR unit with a green or even moderately experienced Axeman and Warrior is near impossible. Of course, you could have just gotten lucky, in which case the killing unit must have gotten tonnes of XP for the kill.

Unfortunately, the City Raider promos work against Acheron, since he's stuck in a city. That's how I usually get him.

I think the main thing that will make him a stronger foe is intelligence and mobility. If he sees a strong force of units coming to his city, he should send his minions to attack and then try to mop up the remains (and later build up more minions). Oh, maybe he should even get the Blitz promotion by default - it would fit the idea that a dragon can engulf many enemies with fire and has several weapons at his disposal (bite, 4 claws, wing buffet, tail, sumo crush).

- Niilo

i don't know how any of you can say the red dragon is that easy to kill. Especially with such weak warriors. I've had over 100 xp heros (early ones) and only have a slight chance at defeating the dragon. Any warriors such as axeman or what not, 'cause the fear spell prevents me from killing it. Then again i play on emperor.

Acheron should be mean, realy mean and eating knights for breakfast, and, and...

Imagine this: One little goblin-guy with NO promotions winning over a
maceman with hill defence promotion, standing on a hill. It should'nt be possible.

The same little goblin-guy (level 1, str 1) with NO promotions resisting my level 10 archmages "Domination" spell. Again, it should'nt be possible. I think there is some form of misscalculating going on there...

Hian the Frog said:
Kael,

It's about Lannun. I read the thread about heroes and i saw that two Lannun heroes will be added. When ? Have you got an idea ? 0.15 or after ?

The Frog.

I dont know when they will come in. It depends on when we get hidden nationality worked out. They aren't checked into 0.15 at this point.

Mithrus said:
I think the Luchuirp still have some inconsistancies to work out. For instance, as of the 14d patch, you don't need a golem workshop to make an iron golem. In fact, a copper golem is better than an iron golem, although I am unsure if this is intentional. I think all the golems should require the workshop save those that need the sculptor's studio instead. I also think mud golems need to have their costs reduced (I know this is a popular request, but I do agree), but perhaps add another more expensive mud golem unit that will work innately faster, and have the original work at the standard speed.

Overall, I love the changes that have been coming. Thank you all for the hard work.

Copper golem is the golem thats available to everyone. It is a t4 (late game) unit and it is more powerful than the t3 iron golem (which is luichirp only). The golem workshop is available to all players, and allows the creation of the copper golem. So its left in the late game.

It is a little confusing when you look at it just from the Luchuirp perspective. Remember that the copper golem and golem workshop are shared, so thats why they are where they are (I cant have the same workshop come at one point for some civs and another point for others).

Top Bottom