What type of victory do you achieve LEAST often?

Cultural

I have better things to do then micromanage my empire for thousands of years to make sure 3 cities get legendary status.

For me diplomatic is the easiest. Just attack people until they are your vassal and it is instant votes for you unless they are the one you are running against.

Odd, I find this victory condition requires the least amount of micromanagement. Certainly less than Conquest or Domination.

Other than time victory (which is more like a tiebreaker than a true victory), I rarely win Diplomatic via the UN. I could, but I don't usually. But even more rare for me is Conquest... never gotten it in Civ 4, and in Civ 3 I would usually get Domination first.

Never had a time victory and never had a cultural victory. I'm a builder until I'm out of things to build... what else is there to do but conquer the world at that point?

well, I've never had a conquest victory. but I rarely try for it. and when I always get a domination victory by accident. I think I've had one or 2 diplomatic victories with UN, but not with the AP yet. I've only gotten a cultural victory once. I find that one rather boring. that one was somewhat of an accident actually. I noticed it say that my capital reached legendary status. then about 4 or 5 turns later my second city reached legendary, so I thought I'd just go for it. took a few turns and luckily I got a great artist about that time.

I never obtained a Conquest victory.
I achieved only one Domination victory, and needed a tiny map + high sea level to do it.

Pre BTS, I'd routinely win by Space Race, and once in a while, Diplomatically or Culturally.

Since BTS, I've almost exclusively won by Cultural means, with a Diplomatic Victory thrown here and there... and also one Time victory, which two or three forum members have read about. ;)

I dont understand why a cultural victory is even in the game, and I will never win one. I've won a few diplomatic but no one has ever willinglly voted for me. Space is too easy so I've only done it twice. Domination usually happens, but if I'm in a violent mood conquest is the way to go.

I've never had Time 'cause I turn it off. Never had Conquest 'cause I turn off Time but not Domination, and in my builder heart I can't bear to burn those lovely cities.

Only had Spaceship once or twice, 'cause usually I achieve Cultural before the ship is even launched.

Then again, I tend to play a level down from where I'd be fighting to win, 'cause I play to relax not to work harder than I do at work. :)

well i don't think of myself as a warmonger, but i probably win by conquest more than by space race. i almost never go that long. diplo and cultural are most common for me, and space race least common. i've only had one domination game in the recent past but i think more over time than space, and i literally can't remember the last time i launched a ship in my own game. i did in an SG months ago.

i only ever won by time once. for HoF you need a win of each type. difficulty, settings etc didn't matter, just no cheating, but all victory types have to be enabled. winning by time without triggering the other conditions can be hard work! i hit domination a time or two before i posted asking for help in getting it done. in the end, i did it by playing OCC, that guaranteed i wouldn't hit the dom land area limit and that i wouldn't accidentally have 3 cities go legendary. i basically harassed mehmed endlessly. i was shaka and had dancing impis sitting on every tile in his fat cross forever. i think he wanted me to finish him off, but i couldn't, the game had to last until 2050 so that i could get my checkbox *giggle*. poor guy didn't realize he'd be stuck with only one city, he didn't get the luxury of building oxford with only one university like i did, etc. actually i don't think he made it as far as education in the tech tree! i played on settler level, duel map, it was very silly and quite fun!

I think I've done a cultural victory once.

There SHOULD be a Religious Victory (_not_ the Apostolic abomination) and Economic victory available though.

i never do space race, i just find it boring. and im against economic victory, i think financial civs would have an obvious advantage there.

Time victory...that has never happened. Most games I play get over much before 21st century. they get over mostly in the 19th century.

Time victory, cultural and Diplomatic.

Diplomatic is an option, but I prefer conquest or space race. Cultural and time are off. If I were to try a game with all conditions on, time would be the one I least often get. 3 Legendary Cities are easy to get... I kept getting cultural victory on Chieftain in Civ III and even in Civ IV, without even micromanaging my culture...

Winning by time is for me as playing poker with friends and everyone gets "No Score" and then the one who has the biggest card wins.

Conquest I got only on tiny and Duel maps, AI almost never get it unless on duel against ultran00bs.

Domination - Usually I got diplo eariler, I should switch this off to get it.

Culture - It is too easy in BTS due the corporations. Space Race is even harder now than this one.

Diplomacy - see domination except once I got it in OOC.

Strange that diplomatic is easier by vassalizing opponents than being a world prostitute and lick everyone's dick.

Moderator Action: Warned! - Inappropiate Content
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I won all types of victory several times in CivIV (except Time which is not a true victory because you can only "achieve" it by playing incredibly bad on very low difficulty). Sometimes I will start a game and specifically aim for a victory type I haven't won in a long time.

Still, the rarest victory for me is Conquest. And I do it only on smaller maps. When i play on a large map it is just too tedious to kill them all. After the first couple of opponents are vanquished, I lead the game by hundreds of points, with huge production and GNP advantages. It's just so much easier then to just lean back and sail to a space victory.

I use culture victory the least - conquest, domination, and diplomatic for me - Are we there yet!

A time victory. Of course, I always turn off everything but conquest/domination.

Cultural

I have better things to do then micromanage my empire for thousands of years to make sure 3 cities get legendary status.

For me diplomatic is the easiest. Just attack people until they are your vassal and it is instant votes for you unless they are the one you are running against.

As has already been mentioned, the three culture generating corporations make a Cultural Victory easier than Space Race in my estimation and quicker to boot.

Top Bottom