What type of victory do you achieve LEAST often?

Never won a time and never won a conquest because I always get dom first (easiest for me at least to make someone a vassal and I don't play on pangea so I can't just raze them all early)

Other than time victory (which is more like a tiebreaker than a true victory), I rarely win Diplomatic via the UN. I could, but I don't usually. But even more rare for me is Conquest... never gotten it in Civ 4, and in Civ 3 I would usually get Domination first.

I always found its easiest to win a dip victory by forcing ppl to vote for you with vassals. Its like an alternative to dom for me so I usually ignore it.

Since the BtS expansion, I have never gotten a Space victory. I have tried a couple of times, but I usually get one of the other victory typoes first. I never disabe any of the victory options.

Rarely do space race. Usually go for cultural or time if I can't get a domination and haven't lost yet.

Probably cultural, although diplomatic is a close second least achieved victory. I have managed to win every type at least once since Vanilla came out, though.

I don't think I've ever won conquest, or time. I tend to play with a lot of AIs so killing all of them would take too long. I normally start off aiming for domination, but when I have too many cities to manage and units to move around I get bored and build a spaceship instead. If I have a difficult start and several AIs get way ahead of me, I will decide quite early on to go for a cultural win. It seems to be the easiest in BtS, so not quite as satisfying, but at least it's better than a loss :D

Time. Never won a time victory.

Conquest is second rarest. There were any number of times I might have done it, but with all win conditions enabled, I usually win by Diplomacy after I've vassaled the three most powerful Civs in the game except for me. Some Diplomacy, eh?

If I don't win by Diplomacy, I would usually hit Domination before I hit Conquest. The only time I was able to do Conquest was as Tokugawa, in an alternate game ending in which I razed all the continents in the world to the Stone Age except for mine.

By far the most common win conditions met are Diplomacy and Cultural. Space Race sometimes, but I find it too tedious to do very often.

never won a true diplo victory. everyone hates me far too much pretty much from the start

Never won conquest or cultural.
Usually get space, domination and diplomatic.

Cultural, I win mostly by Time or Domination.
I've been playing this game since March and it seems higher level you play, more you have to micromange. It's sort of like 2nd job.:crazyeye:

Never have gotten cultural. I wanted to try this route in a recent game, but it didn't seem like I was ever going to get enough points in any of my cities- got bored and gave up.

I also haven't won time. I'm not sure about space.

Economic victory. Becuase there isn't one. There should be though.

In Alpha centari you could win a economic victory by cornering the global energy market, you needed a very large sum of energy you then clicked attemt to corner the market an as long as your headquarters (captal) was not captured or destroyed in the 30 turns it took to corner the market, you would win

I think somthing similar along the lines of taking control of the global gold market/currency market or some such should be available in civ aswell

Cultural wins are actually "easier" than most other win types, because they require less warring. They play the fastest by far, because they involve less micromanagement. No moving around of massive armies, for instance. It requires a certain familiarity with culture multipliers, but that's about it. Fun for a builder type.

Number of times I've won the "Time Victory": zero.

Conquest is faster than domination in years, but slower in real-life, because it takes more planning. Time I've never won, as I do not feel waiting for 2050AD is an enjoyable exercise. In fact, only once have I exceeded 2000AD.

I've never won on conquest, tried but I just get crippled by costs, even razing most enemy cities. Can't tech fast enough either! Prolly my gameplaying style.

Only won once on time, that was razing Huayana Capac's 3rd cultural city in about 1900, and nuking someone else, the Dutch guy I think, to stop him winning Spacerace about 150 years later. Big old mess, as I recall!

Top Bottom