Open Spots in NES.

Yeah, Brave New world is fairly simple.

Are there any noob-friendly NESes which would have spots open for a complete beginner? (preferably just beginning or not too far into the game)

If you like sci-fi settings, you may also like Pre-ChaNES. I'm aiming to create a fairly deep game world in it, but you should be able to join without too much reading, as it's based on the real world somewhat. I'll be posting the next update in a couple of days - if it's to your liking, you're more than welcome to join as governor of a solar system or a newly colonizing nation on Earth. That invitation goes for anyone else who wants to join, of course.

There is a lot of places in FANES to take. There are the Persian statelets, SudAmerican nations, or you can lead a group of adventurers to colonize Europe!

Are there any noob-friendly NESes which would have spots open for a complete beginner? (preferably just beginning or not too far into the game)
If you don't mind complicated rules, i can find a place for you in BirdNES. Tradur in the Manipur Coast is a possibility or maybe as a "lost boy". In that case you would play in an unknown location (to you and the other players) until your area was discovered. That gives you some turns without the pressure or fear of being conquered right away. BirdNES has three separate cradles in three different threads. We are on update 6 about 300 years into the game.

So I'm looking at the first couple of pages of ChaNES and seeing all these folks posting who also have their names posted up in the very first post claiming to be interested, and I notice that despite there being a plethora of slots open now that they're all being losers and refusing to engage.

That's mildly irritating. Intrigue. Space ships. Nuclear weapons. Lasers. Robots. All in a nice realistic fashion. You should join.

Put an entirely different way, I am actively endorsing and encouraging you to go and play a game (assuming you are capable of acting believably and intelligently) that is not mine. How often do you see that? Exactly. Now go.

I was pondering that, actually. I still have some time troubles right now, but I might join after the next update. It's not exactly my forte, but it is very well done.

Feeble excuses! There's a minimum of a week until the next deadline. Most of the available slots are fairly junior partners (either companies, colonial governors or states relying upon sponsors/international groups for support) that don't require supremely much in the way of orders. Hell, half the superpowers are getting by with rushed orders. Time is not a viable cop-out if interest is present.

I might join earlier if stats are updated soon. ;)

Oh please don't ruin it Charles.. :(

Progress is being made on DLNESI - Godwin's Law.

It'll be a two-moderator affair and great fun, if the neophyte cartographer can just get the map finished!

Oh please don't ruin it Charles.. :(
I won't I promise this: I will NOT attack, I will not do Diplo unless threatened and/or called. I will be a creative NPC.

Oh, and Punchbags for Noobs. I just love trying to win! And if they are too bunt i'll get'm!

I would like to announce the Pre-Thread for LuckNES VI, a non-Earth fresh start, as open and reservations can be made.

As there doesn't seem to be any general recruitment for it occurring, SymNES II needs more players for the next update to move along smoothly, at least in my opinion. I seem to remember a great deal of you expressing interest in joining once we moved from societies to nations, and this has occurred.

For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about, SymNES II is a very good, if somewhat elaborate, NES that you should, at the very least, look at. Join if you have the time, it is certainly worth it.

Is it still in its accelerated phase?

Don't join my nes. Please dont join my nes at all.

Join YuiNES! If you do, free drugs!

At the end of Update 8 (now in progress) 6 nations will be available for play. Current players are welcome to change to any of these or new players may assume control and join the game.

In Manipur Cradle:
Tradur: a maritiime nation already established in the stat list and poised for greatness under the right guidance. Light blue on the Manipur map.

A yet to be identified land based nation north of the Manipur Sea. Its yellow edge is peeking out of the cloak on the map. Taken by Massive Attack :)

Lost Boys (LB).
These nations are not shown on the cradle maps until contact is made with a cradle nation. Until such a contact is made, players of these nations do not know for certain which cradle they are closest to or from where the likely contact will be made. Such nations are excellent for new players who don't feel quite ready for full immersion into the game. In most cases contact is probably 3-4 updates away.

At the moment there are two Lost Boy players. Four more slots are available:

LB Nation #1 has built its civilization at the mouth of a great river. There are many paths to greatness from such a favorable location. You get to shape this nation in your own image.

Steppe based, LB nation #2 is situated in a well-watered river valley that, if played well, could determine the fate of a continent.

From its isolated mountain stronghold LB nation #3 is positioned to expand N-S-E or W and fulfill its destiny in the world. Taken by tuxedohamm. Welcome!

LB nation #4 is an island nation that is fairly isolated. This one will be challenging, but if well played has enormous potential for the adventurous. Taken by Masada.

Your questions are welcome.

Top Bottom