Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Atari

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • A shoebox

Votes: 16 6.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
uh.........$.14 cents a day is not the most bank breaking thing to pay for.........

No, no, you see it's because of evil M$ empire keeping humble mom & pop (And their sweatshop workers) companies like Sony down.

omg, you'd have to be REALLY REALLY REALLY (goes on for a LONG TIME) REALLY REALLY stretching the truth to call a HUGE company like Sony a mom&pop company......it wasn't even founded by a mom and pop

its not really about the cost of xboxlive its more to do with the fact that its an arsey thing to charge for, you already have to pay for broadband or god forbid dial-up, you shouldn't have to pay some lame money making charge for microwank too.

um...you have to pay for broadband to use the PSN also...why aren't you getting mad at Sony for not paying for your internet access?

and again...the reason you pay $.14 per day for XBL is because it is BETTER than PSN! It is much more than $4/month better than PSN! You can actually find someone to play a game against! And there's no lfespan forhow long you can play a game online like there is for Sony. You like Madden 07 and don't want to upgrade to Madden 08/09/10? go for it! On the PS3? no can do...wanna play online, you gotta have the newest version!

No, no, you see it's because of evil M$ empire keeping humble mom & pop (And their sweatshop workers) companies like Sony down.

by what stretch of your admittedly Sony-fanboy dominated imagination do you see Sony as being a mom and pop company? That's one rich mom and pop....they are worth over 60 billion bucks...you do realize that Sony is bigger and worth more than Microsoft is...don't you?

And...uh...Sony is FAR from humble :lol:...that's about the most oxymoronic thing I've heard, a humble Sony :lol:

um...you have to pay for broadband to use the PSN also...why aren't you getting mad at Sony for not paying for your internet access?

I have never once mentioned that i don't like paying for broadband, i think its rediculous the microwank are making people pay extra for absolutely no reason. If sony did the same thing , i'd think there jerks too.

and again...the reason you pay $.14 per day for XBL is because it is BETTER than PSN! It is much more than $4/month better than PSN! You can actually find someone to play a game against! And there's no lfespan forhow long you can play a game online like there is for Sony. You like Madden 07 and don't want to upgrade to Madden 08/09/10? go for it! On the PS3? no can do...wanna play online, you gotta have the newest version!

I'm sure PSN will get all those little nifty things such as a decent friends list in its own time, PSN home (if it ever gets released) is about 1 billion times better than any xbo live feature.

Rofl, You know theres a very good reason why people are supposed to update thier games, it's to stop bug abusing, to keep things fair, and to get the full potential out of your game.

Plus if you have segments of the Madden or watever user groups slpit up becasue some people haven't updated, then your limiting who people can play against. Sony have got it all right on that one.

I heard today that the Home Open Beta is pushed back till Fall '08. :(

by what stretch of your admittedly Sony-fanboy dominated imagination do you see Sony as being a mom and pop company? That's one rich mom and pop....they are worth over 60 billion bucks...you do realize that Sony is bigger and worth more than Microsoft is...don't you?

And...uh...Sony is FAR from humble :lol:...that's about the most oxymoronic thing I've heard, a humble Sony :lol:

Wow, you realy are bad at detecting sarcasm. That's the 2nd time now.

and you're really bad at spelling!:rolleyes: yay! come on oatse, you're just bashing thrallia while desperately trying to protect your comments.......

I think many of you XBox 360 users are in the USA and patriotically support Microsoft. Having followed this forum for the past few months I'm leaning towards the PS3 once more. I saw a great video review on CNET.com (sorry no link) that made me think that it's OK to wait until CivRev actually hits the stores and then follow a few more reviews. Built-in wireless and power are significant plusses for me.

IMHO the PS3 is the best looking of the three--just need to spend more time in Harvey Norman (major retailer here) cross-checking the actual games. I'm am still very grateful to all those who posted details of their favourite systems.

andAnd you're really bad at spelling!:rolleyes: yay! come on oatse Oatse, you're just bashing thrallia while desperately trying to protect your comments...

I am not bashing him nor trying to protect my comments, you're futilely defending someone that's not even under attack so you can score some brownie points.

I'm going to be called a Nintendo and Microsoft fanboy for this but here goes. The PS3 is by far the worst console. All it has going for it is that it's a blu ray player. It has no library, and has one promising game coming out, MGS4. Home is gimicky as heck and you might as well play second life. Are you really going to want to spend anytime in that lobby when you have an actual game worth playing, I mean I know the few select good games you have won't last forever, but come on. Its graphics aren't all that impressive when compared against the 360. Both are awesome with a slight, non warranted 100 dollar price difference, edge to Sony. The only way I can see myself getting a PS3 is if I won one.

For the record I have a 360, Wii (yes I know its either gimicky or pointless since I use a game cube controller for Super Smash Bros), PS2, DS, and a PC so I have some perspective on differences. But I guess it doesn't matter what game difference these systems have once revolution comes out. :)

Yes, I completely agree rabid...........WOW oatse, I didn't know you actually cared about capitalization since you're still working on spelling........but man, whatever...it doesn't matter, they're all ok consoles, and THAT'S the end......they're all good consoles, so don't bash people because of your personal opinions.;)

I'm going to be called a Nintendo and Microsoft fanboy for this but here goes. The PS3 is by far the worst console. All it has going for it is that it's a blu ray player. It has no library, and has one promising game coming out, MGS4. Home is gimicky as heck and you might as well play second life. Are you really going to want to spend anytime in that lobby when you have an actual game worth playing, I mean I know the few select good games you have won't last forever, but come on. Its graphics aren't all that impressive when compared against the 360. Both are awesome with a slight, non warranted 100 dollar price difference, edge to Sony. The only way I can see myself getting a PS3 is if I won one.

For the record I have a 360, Wii (yes I know its either gimicky or pointless since I use a game cube controller for Super Smash Bros), PS2, DS, and a PC so I have some perspective on differences. But I guess it doesn't matter what game difference these systems have once revolution comes out. :)

there are pleanty of good games coming out for ps3, mgs4 doesn't even make my list for the best games i want to purhase for my ps3. to name a few prototype, FFXIII, Civ Rev (I mean come on how could you miss that.)

And PS Home, is going to be a cool version of second life, whats wrong with that.

pfff... bloody fanboy

Yes, I completely agree rabid...........WOW oatse, I didn't know you actually cared about capitalization since you're still working on spelling........but man, whatever...it doesn't matter, they're all ok consoles, and THAT'S the end......they're all good consoles, so don't bash people because of your personal opinions.;)

I'm a bad speller? Or are you just grasping at straws for a pitiful and altogether childish way to attack me?

Really, if you think someone calling Sony a Mom & Pop company is really stretching it then chances are it's sarcasm, I thought calling Microsoft the "evil m$ empire" was a big enough hint.

Edit: Oh, and yet another FF game is not a good enough reason for me to toss $600 into the trash to buy a fancy blu-ray player and Civ Rev is also coming out on a much better console (Xbox 360).

I don't see why I should buy the console equivalent of the iPhone so I can play yet another Japanese RPG about girls with mysterious powers, evil mega corporations that are destroying the earth, why nature is better then science, and everything else they can rehash.

there are pleanty of good games coming out for ps3, mgs4 doesn't even make my list for the best games i want to purhase for my ps3. to name a few prototype, FFXIII, Civ Rev (I mean come on how could you miss that.)

And PS Home, is going to be a cool version of second life, whats wrong with that.

pfff... bloody fanboy

I said Civ revolution was coming out for the PS3 learn to read. Also does anyone even play second life? Why would you when you have, you know, decent games. FFXIII hasn't even shown gameplay footage yet, and the cinematic wasn't all that impressive to me. If your not looking forward to MGS4 then why did you even buy a PS3?

hm...now you see, the only benefit the PS3 has over MS was FINALLY mentioned by someone...built-in wifi. The 360 doesn't have it built in, unfortunately(not that it mattered to me, I got the wifi adapter thrown in for free...)

And Schuesseled, try mentioning PS3 EXCLUSIVE titles, when talking about what games are coming out...otherwise, 360 people will say the exact same titles...and add a lot of extra.

The only three exclusives that are decent and coming out this year for the PS3 are Haze, MGS4, and LittleBigPlanet...meanwhile there's a lot of exclusives coming to the 360, Ninja Gaiden 2, Lost Planet 2, GTA4 DLC, Fable 2, and a bunch of others(don't have time to look through games lists right now)

Please recognize the point in not mentioning multiplatform games...I haven't yet, every single game I've mentioned in support of any of the 3 systems were exclusives, yet I've still thrown out more games than you have.

I can't really think of any games besides MGS4 and the littlebigplanet that I would want to get for the PS3...................

hm...now you see, the only benefit the PS3 has over MS was FINALLY mentioned by someone...built-in wifi. The 360 doesn't have it built in, unfortunately(not that it mattered to me, I got the wifi adapter thrown in for free...)

And Schuesseled, try mentioning PS3 EXCLUSIVE titles, when talking about what games are coming out...otherwise, 360 people will say the exact same titles...and add a lot of extra.

The only three exclusives that are decent and coming out this year for the PS3 are Haze, MGS4, and LittleBigPlanet...meanwhile there's a lot of exclusives coming to the 360, Ninja Gaiden 2, Lost Planet 2, GTA4 DLC, Fable 2, and a bunch of others(don't have time to look through games lists right now)

Please recognize the point in not mentioning multiplatform games...I haven't yet, every single game I've mentioned in support of any of the 3 systems were exclusives, yet I've still thrown out more games than you have.

only a fool would buy a console purely on what exclusive content it had, why?, because if you buy a ps3, you really shouldn't care what exclusive content an xbox has, becasue your never gonna see or play it. and vice versa.

When a nub says that mgs4 is the only decent ps3 game, i can correct him by pointing out all the fantastic non-excsluive games.

now lets see, the three ps3 games you mention, all sh*t, though msg4 may be okay, hard to tell really, it's become so complicated.
The xboxs games you've mentioned are all terribly rubbish, and why would a ps3 gamer ever care about the exclusive content that xbox is getting for gta.

please regonise the point in ending your exclusive only focused boring life.

When you go into a shop, do you only think about purchasing exclusive games, no of course not, so don't be so thick.

only a fool would buy a console purely on what exclusive content it had, why?, because if you buy a ps3, you really shouldn't care what exclusive content an xbox has, becasue your never gonna see or play it. and vice versa.

So only a fool buys a console for it's games?

Yeah, why buy a console for exclusives when you can buy games for it that are appearing on much less expensive consoles with a much better future ahead of them, you plebs. :rolleyes:

Really, why should someone buy a PS3 when you yourself said the games on it are ****.

The PS3 must include some kind of mind-control device along with the built in grill, time machine, and other things that only serve to up the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom