Bug Reports

@0100010

I can confirm that the Revolution version merged into RevolutionDCM and into the latest release of the RoM add-on is the last released by JDog. No parts of Revolution were left over in the merge process so any fixes implemented so far are included already.

In my own experience I haven't got any CTDs when BarbarianCivs spawn. In the reported CTDs it always seemed to be a number of conditions lead to the CTD when the Civ spawns. The fact that you always get a CTD when a BarbarianCiv spawns may then arise from one of the options you play with. Do you always play with some options other than the default? It would help if you mention these if any.

I am glad you reported the problem here so hopefully JDog can track it down and implement a fix in a coming release.

@0100010

I can confirm that the Revolution version merged into RevolutionDCM and into the latest release of the RoM add-on is the last released by JDog. No parts of Revolution were left over in the merge process so any fixes implemented so far are included already.

In my own experience I haven't got any CTDs when BarbarianCivs spawn. In the reported CTDs it always seemed to be a number of conditions lead to the CTD when the Civ spawns. The fact that you always get a CTD when a BarbarianCiv spawns may then arise from one of the options you play with. Do you always play with some options other than the default? It would help if you mention these if any.

I am glad you reported the problem here so hopefully JDog can track it down and implement a fix in a coming release.

I use the following options:
Raging Barbarians
Aggressive AI
Unrestricted Leaders
Deity level,
Gigantic Map size, Snail Speed (these are custom settings from RoM)
In the DCM portion: Battle Effects, Stack Attack and Opportunity Fire is off.
In Revolution:
Revolution Mod, BarbarianCiv, Tech Diffusion, Dynamic Civ Names are turned on. Start as Minor is turned off. (I started the game with this off, however wheniever I load a saved game, the popup that shows which features are turned on ends up showing start as minor as enabled for some reason)

I am also running the game on Vista.

1.52 is not compatible with the newly released patch 3.17, a new version will be up as soon as I have a chance to test it.

0100010:

Are you playing with multiple players on the same team by any chance? I haven't tested that recently and there are some potential issues. Based on your description something is definitely crashing in the DLL (not Python), most likely when the new civ goes to take their turn. To confirm that you could enter the world builder and destroy all the units/cities of the new civ during your turn, they'll then die and won't take their turn ...

As for why it's happening, my two guesses are either teams like I mentioned before or that one of your customizations of the mod is somehow incompatible in ways I can't really predict. You could try going back to just RevolutionDCM with some approximation of the same settings and simulating with Ctrl+Shift+X ... if several barb civs pop up okay then you can try adding in your customizations a few at a time to see where it goes wrong.

Single player game/1 person per team (ie no permanent alliances)

I am trying to track the bug down as I have seen it too. It is quite possible it is a RevDCM problem not a Rev problem only time will tell.

EDIT:
I have now seen the bug occuring in Rev 1.52 but so far only under these conditions:
All settings standard except:
1) Terra map - tropical - low sea level
2) Revolutions off all other Revolutions components on
3) Default starting civs = 18

The CTD does not happen on every occasion but when it does it seems to happen during the period 1000BC or (100 turns).
This does not mean that the CTD happens under different conditions as well. I am not sure but it might be something to do with either high numbers of starting civs or Revolutions being off while the other revolution components remain on (Guessing).

I'm looking forward to Jun 28 when I will finally have enough data with my ISP to download the MVC2005 environment for debugging.

Cheers.

Here is a save two turns before the CTD. You will have to get it quick because it seems to be stuck on autoplay heading before heading for the crash. The starting conditions are as I listed previous post.

Cheers and thanks for Revolutions and now Better BTS!

I am trying to track the bug down as I have seen it too. It is quite possible it is a RevDCM problem not a Rev problem only time will tell.

EDIT:
I have now seen the bug occuring in Rev 1.52 but so far only under these conditions:
All settings standard except:
1) Terra map - tropical - low sea level
2) Revolutions off all other Revolutions components on
3) Default starting civs = 18

The CTD does not happen on every occasion but when it does it seems to happen during the period 1000BC or (100 turns).
This does not mean that the CTD happens under different conditions as well. I am not sure but it might be something to do with either high numbers of starting civs or Revolutions being off while the other revolution components remain on (Guessing).

I'm looking forward to Jun 28 when I will finally have enough data with my ISP to download the MVC2005 environment for debugging.

Cheers.

In the game I was having problems with, Revolutions was on. Furthermore I was doing it from a scenario based/edit map, however that map was generated from Medium & Small, Climate Rocky, Normal continnets, Islands Mixed in. I highly doubt that the map settings have anything to do with it. (number of players might however) I'm was using a custom map Size (Gigantic which is about more than 200% bigger than the largest default map size) with a 34 civ DLL, and the # of starting civs was 24. Crash was occuring the very first time a size 2 Barb city suceeding in spawning new Civ.

Oh and in case you are wondering if the player count and map size might be causing a crash on its own due to increased memory & processor load, its not. I have a beefy enough machine that I've had no trouble completing game into the modern era w/ 30+ Civs each w/ lots of units, when not using the mod.

It seems like the one thing consistent between the scenario you describe and the one glider describes is a high number of initial civs, though yours would be approximately normal density given the map size I think.

I've tried to recreate this bug in 3.17 but have not been able to yet ... this could mean that it was fixed as a consequence of moving up to 3.17 somehow or that I've just been lucky so far. Seeing as everything has been completely stable in 3.17 so far I'm going to go ahead and release the first 3.17 version now and keep my eye out for crashes like this in the future.

getting a CTD once I end my turn in this save

edit: latest version of revolution (1.6), over clean 3.17 patch

getting a CTD once I end my turn in this save

edit: latest version of revolution (1.6), over clean 3.17 patch

Could some of the rest of you try loading this save and see if it CTD for you? I've loaded it several times and not gotten a crash.

One thing you might double-check Amask is that you have no files in you Custom Assets folder (My Games/BTS/Custom Assets) ... you can rename the Custom Assets folder temporarily and see whether that changes things.

If it still crashes for you then please open My Games\BTS\CivilizationIV.ini and turn LoggingEnabled to 1. Load the save, end the turn so it crashes and post all three of the My Games\BTS\Logs\Python___.log files and sdkDbg.log and I'll get to the bottom of it ... or at least figure out why it happens for you and not me.

Could some of the rest of you try loading this save and see if it CTD for you? I've loaded it several times and not gotten a crash.

The save won't even load for me. Complains about being version 301 not 300. My build is this:
Rev 1.61 on the back of BTS 3.17

However if I start my own game all is well. No CTD's nothing. Even starting with a high number of civs (18) seems ok so far....:goodjob:

Thankyou master Jdog for keeping Revolutions up to date with Better Than BTS and Solver. Will post if a CTD actually does happen and if I can pin it down.
Cheers.

if this has already been delt with in a more recent vertion then sorry for being a little lazy, is it a bug or intended that the AI douse not have to deal with unhappyness stability problems?

(i suspected something fishy in my last game so i used the world builder to get some more info on my enemys, after pumping up my spy rateing high enough to look inside there citys i noticed that thay had massive unhappyness (+33 in largest city mostly WW) but the stability bar was not being effected)

Where is the code for the revolution watch button? My button often doesn't appear. I can click where the button should be and it'll open up the revolution watch, so it's just invisible for some reason.

if this has already been delt with in a more recent vertion then sorry for being a little lazy, is it a bug or intended that the AI douse not have to deal with unhappyness stability problems?

(i suspected something fishy in my last game so i used the world builder to get some more info on my enemys, after pumping up my spy rateing high enough to look inside there citys i noticed that thay had massive unhappyness (+33 in largest city mostly WW) but the stability bar was not being effected)

When a city is only unhappy because of large WW, Revolution doesn't count that as a negative ... there are a couple reasons, first any civ in a protracted war would fall apart, which doesn't seem fun. In addition, it doesn't make sense for people with WW to revolt since they're weary of all the fighting already.

With the new national level stability measure I'm developing there will be some more options for demands for peace or challenges from upstart would-be leaders who claim they will end the war.

Where is the code for the revolution watch button? My button often doesn't appear. I can click where the button should be and it'll open up the revolution watch, so it's just invisible for some reason.

In Revolution\Assets\Python\Screens\CvMainInterface.py ... search for Revolution, I think the GUI object is called RevWatchButton1

Top Bottom