new art in progress

Ok, here's (Just in time after the release :mischief:, Sorry) a preliminary Survivor Rider. Preliminary because i would like to give him another (and maybe a alternative as well) spear. I would also like to remove the hat, to make him a bit more different from the riffleman. It is the FX version only for now.

SeZereth's Football-Survivor on a cavalry horse. Use Immortal animation.

@SeZereth - if possible to create from your source files without too much hassle, can i have the texture for this guy without the baked shadows ?

Ok, here's (Just in time after the release :mischief:, Sorry) a preliminary Survivor Rider. Preliminary because i would like to give him another (and maybe a alternative as well) spear. I would also like to remove the hat, to make him a bit more different from the riffleman. It is the FX version only for now.

SeZereth's Football-Survivor on a cavalry horse. Use Immortal animation.

@SeZereth - if possible to create from your source files without too much hassle, can i have the texture for this guy without the baked shadows ?

great stuff!
here is the texture without shadows

EDIT: David, I hope you recognized, that you are one of the luckiest guys on the forum regarding art :p i think this didnt happen before (except perhaps WH and FfH) that a mod got so much completely new custom art in such a really short time ;) and with Chuggi, Refar and asio, you have in my opinion the best custom model artists available on the board ;)

Cool, thanks.

EDIT: David, I hope you recognized, that you are one of the luckiest guys on the forum regarding art :p i think this didnt happen before (except perhaps WH and FfH) that a mod got so much completely new custom art in such a really short time ;) and with Chuggi, Refar and asio, you have in my opinion the best custom model artists available on the board ;)

I am honored. You guys do great work!

SeZereth: I think us fans are the luckiest to have all this great custom art flying at us and a promising mod to use it in! Thanks for everything!

Refar: I love that new UTE! I don't know that I have much pull here, and I'm sure you've already made a good choice on the skin, but I think one of two routes would be perfect for your Landrover paint job
1. A neutral gray or silver with lots rust/mud on it (already mentioned)
2. or it would be neat to have the vehicle in full team color (lots of variety)

Maybe I misunderstood what "full team color" meant. I don't think it would be very good for the player with the pink flag to have a vehicle which was a solid pink color all over. I like the way the gunship and warrior, for example, have small solid sections of the team color.

Well it it in theory possible to apply the temcolor to the full body, but not make it 100% solid, keeping some structure / dirt visible.
But i think in the end that is not a good way - as David points out - some civs just do have ugly colors :lol:

Well it it in theory possible to apply the temcolor to the full body, but not make it 100% solid, keeping some structure / dirt visible.
But i think in the end that is not a good way - as David points out - some civs just do have ugly colors :lol:

If it's of any interest, I did a teamcoloured version of the old ute model a while back (also with a bit more rust and dirt) and I thought it came out okay (down the bottom of this thread). The secret, as I remember, was a grey base colour and only going for very diffuse use of the teamcolour channel (based on a greyscale map of the texture, rather than solid colour) so the teamcolour was very desaturated and buried in the dark grey(and of course no teamcolour on the dirty/rusted sections). I made it for African countries, who had suitable teamcolours anyway, but I was surprised how well it worked for a bunch of less likely teamcolours.
Anyway, my point is I reckon it's possible to get good-looking teamcolour on a vehicle like this, so it could be worth a try.

second wip, this time textured. Shall i change something (but be aware i´m not a good painter)?
Next do do is to link it to an animation an get a pilot (which model i shall use?). Model has around 500 triangles so far
[@seZereth: i didn´t forget your advice, there will be later a changed model with only a plain a wing]

No comments to the double uzi attack sequence (too bad)?

Attachments

• prev2.jpg
    prev2.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 210
second wip, this time textured. Shall i change something (but be aware i´m not a good painter)?
Next do do is to link it to an animation an get a pilot (which model i shall use?). Model has around 500 triangles so far

Loosk good! I will have to figure out a set of stats for it. Do you plan to make it animate like a gunship (ground unit) or like a fighter (with bombing and ground attack missions)?

No comments to the double uzi attack sequence (too bad)?

It's a great unit. I am struggling to find a place for it. There are several units, such as Garret's madmax and seZereth's heavy bounty hunters, which would be good "single hero" units. But I have not had time to design a useful set of heros yet. If you have some suggestions, please let me know.

I've finished the settlers (will upload later today) david are there any more foot units, or horse units needed? Or bikes or jeeps? Because I have a new survivor model I can rig to something.

Next do do is to link it to an animation an get a pilot (which model i shall use?).

I can make a pilot. :) Also, even if you're not good at painting (although the texture looks ok) you can enhance it a lot just by using premade textures (like rusty metal for example) and modify it to suit your motorised hang glider.

I've finished the settlers (will upload later today) david are there any more foot units, or horse units needed? Or bikes or jeeps? Because I have a new survivor model I can rig to something.

Please see post 2 in the thread, it is up to date.

They're all for units already half completed by refar though. :crazyeye:

Cargo truck, maybe? I used a Zis-5B (see the cargo truck thread) which is a WWII version. I'd like to have several different loads on it, basically food or a happiness bonus object or a culture bonus object.

Jeep rifle might be the best bet among the units refar has started. I think he's been working actively on the pickup truck more than anything else.

EDIT: actually I think I may have overlooked the "survivor biker". That would be a good one. Rig any of the "left over" survivors onto the jeep crossbow.

EDIT2 (sorry!): GeoModder has written something about a garage building in this post. I am not sure what it means but replacing the "stable" with a post-apo garage would be cool.

Finished the survivor - kept the hat, he sooled somehow not right without (Even after i closed the gap in hus skull :)).

Also just one spear :( Tried to make it look mean and rusted. The only other idea i had was a pitchfork, but that might be a bit silly.

I will be animating the Landrover, so the survivor bikers are free yet. Had no real idea on them either, so will be cool if you take them.

Edit.
Forgot the Link...
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9959

I did not follow that. Can you give more details or an example?

What I meant was that it is possible to let a specific building from whatever cityset to show up as an improvement in the game.

I'm talking about the garage building in the screenshot from the Ind_eu cityset.
For an example, look at the fort improvement in the second screenshot I put in my mod. This building is part of the eu_ren cityset in the main game.

Attachments

• fort.jpg
    fort.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 117
Top Bottom