[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

The new Media Pack is linked in the first post.

Patch "k" is linked in the first post. It wont break save games and makes the following changes:

1. Improved the AI logic on Doviello worker upgrades.
2. Fall of Cuantine- the catapults won't be held after they are won.
3. Destroy undead increased from 20% / max 50% damage to 30% max 100% damage.
4. Blur now protects units from defensive strikes.
5. Fixed an issue that kept workboats from building improvements correctly (thanks snarko!).
6. Fixed an issue that based the chance of applying the poisoned promotion on a unit on the attacker poison resistance rather than the victims.
7. Fixed an issue that can allow you to steal in cities with nothing to steal.
8. Immobile units (held, blinded, etc) cannot defensively withdrawal anymore.
9. Units with a duration cannot use an ability to restore their casting ability (to block some exploits).
10. Opening a Chest is now correctly marked as an ability.
11. Immobile units can't be taunted.
12. Many documentation updates on spells and promotions.
13. Lunatics now have a 3% chance per turn of becoming enraged, and once enraged only killing another unit will remove their enraged status (ie: Lunatics are good, but expect them to run off from time to time).
14. Fixed an issue that would cause a player to stick around after being defeated if he had equipment.

I believe at least 23 minutes have passed since the latest patch. I really wish Kael and the FFH2 would support their mod more...

Just won my first game (on Settler) working out bits and pieces. Time to ramp up the difficulty, apply the latest patch and get my butt completely kicked.

Thanks again to you guys and have a happy new year!

Is there a download left for the pre-december version? The newest just crashes on me when I try to play a game, whilst the old one worked like a charm.:(

FFH2 rocks! :goodjob:

For literally years now I've watched this dedicated team of craftsmen and artists continue to make this one of the most engrossing, well balanced and enjoyable games I've ever played. Kudos to the FFH2 development team!

does "destroy undead" work on vampires?

I'm not sure but I seem to remember that it didn't affect them in previous versions...

does "destroy undead" work on vampires?

I'm not sure but I seem to remember that it didn't affect them in previous versions...

It does not. Vampires aren't undead in FfH like they are in D&D.

You can either build lots and risk them in combat--some will die, some will get 10 xp before too long.
Or try a civ with arcane or charismatic traits, which give you xp faster or lower the threshhold for leveling up.

If you're the Amurites, build Cave of Ancestors and you're Adepts will be pretty decent off the bat.

As to Multiple Mana, some of the mana give civilization wide bonuses, such as Life Mana increasing city Health or Law Mana reducing Crime. Others give extra strength for certain Heroes or Weapons, i.e. multiple Air Mana increase the boost the Rod of Winds gives.

Some, however, don't seem to do anything extra

Whew. Long hiatus. Life intervenes, the old usual. Anyway. Just checking out the new stuff, and as usual it is a lot of remarkably interesting things to tinker with!

I've failed to keep up to date with a lot of the changelogs and such, so I'm going to throw out a quick question before I get to the main part of my inquiry. I was wondering what happened to the Cult of the Dragon? I can't seem to see any traces of it, and I noticed the corporations are out, so..

Ah well. The bigger issue is that my first try at the new version ended with a crashed savegame several hours into playing. Which always sucks! SO I was wondering if someone more tech-savvy than I might take a look at this and see if they can tell me what's wrong with it. It just CTD's while it is updating from one turn to the next. :crazyeye:

Just wanted to drop a word about how great this mod is. I was playing Civ II only last month if you can believe it...the fantasy Midgard scenario of all things. One day I said, "gee I know civ has advanced several versions maybe I should check into that" and "wow, what if someone made a fantasy mod for this, then I would surely buy it!". Sure enough, not only is there a 'civIV' with 2 expansion packs, but this amazing fantasy world - obviously a labor of love for the creators. Thanks!

I noticed that in (unreleased) patch L, Grigori medics will get the benefit of higher medic promotions (medic II). I was wondering why the Ilians' 3 priests of winter don't get the medic II promotion, unlike other religions' priests? Can we make the Ilians' priests just as priesty as the others?

:cry:

So.. I started up a new game, playing the Sheaim but later converting to the Infernals. And 'lo and behold.. Come turn 361 or somesuch, the game crashes to desktop spontaneously in the middle of a turnover sequence. And changing what I do prior to ending the turn has no bearing on that, it crashes just the same. So.. This is becoming really frustrating. I want to be able to play the game without the savefile becoming un-continuable sometime in turn 3-400.

Halp!

I know this has been discussed here before - I just can't find it in this thread-monster...

Isn't Loki supposed to run away when he's attacked? He's just been slayn by a ScorpionClan-Goblin Archer in open field wirth plenty of space to run to...

I am in the middle of playing a game as the Malakin, and was able to use the Religious Fervor twice so far. Also, I haven't had a chance to read up on all the latest changes, but I cannot attack my computer opponet, as they have a wall around their territory. They can attack me, and withdraw to their safe land, without me being able to attack them.

Sorry to post a noob-like and seemingly ignorant question here... Please feel to delete if it's out of place... but...

I remember reading MULTIPLE posts explaining how to edit the file to increase the chance for unique terrain features (such as Letum Frigus) to spawn randomly on generated maps, but now I can't seem to find the posts where I thought they were...:cry: Any chance I could get linked to them once more?

Whew. Long hiatus. Life intervenes, the old usual. Anyway. Just checking out the new stuff, and as usual it is a lot of remarkably interesting things to tinker with!

I've failed to keep up to date with a lot of the changelogs and such, so I'm going to throw out a quick question before I get to the main part of my inquiry. I was wondering what happened to the Cult of the Dragon? I can't seem to see any traces of it, and I noticed the corporations are out, so..

Ah well. The bigger issue is that my first try at the new version ended with a crashed savegame several hours into playing. Which always sucks! SO I was wondering if someone more tech-savvy than I might take a look at this and see if they can tell me what's wrong with it. It just CTD's while it is updating from one turn to the next. :crazyeye:

This will be fixed in the next patch (it was being caused by the Kuriotate player upgrading to airships).

Patch "l" is linked in the first post. It will not break save games and fixes the following issues:

1. Medicine tech provides +1 health (Nikis-Knight).
2. Military State gives +20% free units per population instead of +20% free military units per population.
3. Fixed an issue that could cause priests to be able to summon to many tigers.
4. Fixed an issue that would make only immobile units able to defensively withdrawal (thanks Xienwolf!).
5. Call of the Grave will now correctly heal nearby undead units (thanks Tarquelne!).
6. Fixed an issue that caused units Magnadine summoned to always appear in the capital.
7. Fixed an issue that allowed invisible units to bump enemies out of their plots (and cities).
8. Mithril Golem can cast Earthquake.
9. Medic2 now grants the ability to cast Cure Disease (instead of requiring divine).
10. Medic3 now grants the ability to cast Heal (instead of requiring divine).
11. Grigori Medic loses the divine and channeling promotions and gains medic promotions instead.
12. Fixed a python error with the Taunt spell.
13. Manticore's can fly now.
14. Return of Winter- the player will now correctly lose if the Illians die.
15. Units will now be split from their groups when they become enraged.
16. Fixed a CtD caused by the AI upgrading to airships.

@War Chicken: Loki can be destroyed by first strikes, so that's what happened with the archer I guess.

@chas1951: the "wall" issue is the Elohim worldspell, it will wear off after about 30 turns.
I guess you've been able to cast your worldspell twice cuz you've completed the Birthright regained ritual.

Top Bottom