[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Patch "i" is linked in the first post. It will break save games and makes the following changes:

1. Acheron will lose his held promotion when captured.
2. Fixed an issue that caused unit Magnadine hired to pop up in random cities.
3. The Black Tower- If you have Barnaxus it will apply it's bonus to your golems as if you were a Luchuirp player.
4. The Radiant Guard- Playing on lower difficulties will start you with bonus units.
5. Cannibalize will only heal the unit when it kills living enemies.
6. Maelstrom max damage reduced from 50% to 30%.
7. Enraged units will no longer turn barbarian, instead they become AI controlled and are very aggressive.

Does
7. Enraged units will no longer turn barbarian, instead they become AI controlled and are very aggressive.
apply only to "enraged" or to any promotion with <iBetrayalChance> set?

Oooh, that's an extreme boost to Moroi! (Wait, how does loyalty affect that now, not at all I guess?)

First up, a huge thank you to Kael and the FFH2 team. I've just started playing around with it for a week or two - and have found it has consumed my life even more than Civ4 ever did (which is saying something). You guys have created an amazing mod.

Secondly, thank you to Xienwolf for the great manual. I got lost a few times playing on my own without reading instructions - after going through your beautifully put together manual, I've got a better feel for things (though still getting wallopped on Prince).

Now to my question - in Xienwolf's manual, he mentions that having multiple sources of the same type of mana will give 'free' spell promotions. Two sources of nature magic will give your adepts the first level nature spell for free. Three sources of nature nature magic will give your adepts the first AND second nature spell for free. And four sources give adepts all three nature spells.

On this logic, 4 nature should let my adepts all cast vitalize and 4 fire should let my adepts all cast fire elemental the moment - from the very first steps they take out of the mage guild right? Sadly, my 4 nature adepts can only cast up to level 2 nature and my 4 fire adepts can only cast up to level 2 fire.

Am I missing something? Have I misread xienwolf? Is there more of a requirement than just getting 4 of the same mana? I thought this was a 'shortcut' to upgrading my adepts without needing them to hang around forever slowly getting XP from Channelling?

On this logic, 4 nature should let my adepts all cast vitalize and 4 fire should let my adepts all cast fire elemental the moment - from the very first steps they take out of the mage guild right? Sadly, my 4 nature adepts can only cast up to level 2 nature and my 4 fire adepts can only cast up to level 2 fire.
I don't think the fourth mana source will grant a bonus promotion.
Also, having three won't allow your adepts to cast fireball; they still must upgrade to mages after the appropriate tech has been researched, but once they do they will have Fireball for free.

I don't think the fourth mana source will grant a bonus promotion.
Also, having three won't allow your adepts to cast fireball; they still must upgrade to mages after the appropriate tech has been researched, but once they do they will have Fireball for free.

Oh... thank you for that Nikis-Knight. Which means I still need to cuddle my little Adepts until they grow up? I see all these juices spells like Summon Fire Elemental, Vitalize and "cancel all unhappiness in city" (can't remember the name) - but I can't keep my adepts alive long enough to get high enough level to cast anything. Is there some strategy towards upgrading adepts beyond building them very early and keeping them at home in mage guilds studying (my current bad way of keeping adepts alive and upgrading)

Patch "j" is linked in the first post. It fixes the issue with CtD when grouping units.

Hey Kael,

What can i do about the Media Pack? Wait untill it comes out or install the old one for version 0.34?

Thx Aeterion

Btw: Thanks for that great mod!

Patch "f" is linked in the first post. It will break save games and makes the following changes:

14. Added the Herne world unit (Kuriotate only, starts with centaur, hero and blitz).

is this new hero Herne only for scenario or for regular game play as well? if for regular gameplay as well, which tech you can built him?

Oh... thank you for that Nikis-Knight. Which means I still need to cuddle my little Adepts until they grow up? I see all these juices spells like Summon Fire Elemental, Vitalize and "cancel all unhappiness in city" (can't remember the name) - but I can't keep my adepts alive long enough to get high enough level to cast anything. Is there some strategy towards upgrading adepts beyond building them very early and keeping them at home in mage guilds studying (my current bad way of keeping adepts alive and upgrading)
You can either build lots and risk them in combat--some will die, some will get 10 xp before too long.
Or try a civ with arcane or charismatic traits, which give you xp faster or lower the threshhold for leveling up.

First up, a huge thank you to Kael and the FFH2 team. I've just started playing around with it for a week or two - and have found it has consumed my life even more than Civ4 ever did (which is saying something). You guys have created an amazing mod.

Secondly, thank you to Xienwolf for the great manual. I got lost a few times playing on my own without reading instructions - after going through your beautifully put together manual, I've got a better feel for things (though still getting wallopped on Prince).

Now to my question - in Xienwolf's manual, he mentions that having multiple sources of the same type of mana will give 'free' spell promotions. Two sources of nature magic will give your adepts the first level nature spell for free. Three sources of nature nature magic will give your adepts the first AND second nature spell for free. And four sources give adepts all three nature spells.

Am I missing something? Have I misread xienwolf? Is there more of a requirement than just getting 4 of the same mana? I thought this was a 'shortcut' to upgrading my adepts without needing them to hang around forever slowly getting XP from Channelling?

Sorry about that, I fixed that section of the manual for the next release (soon I hope). It used to apply all of the free promotions as soon as you built your Adept, but casting the enhanced version spells required Channeling II & III, but now you don't need the channeling promotions to cast the top level spells, so instead the free promotions are applied when you upgrade to a mage/archmage and are capable of using that level of magic (which is really nice, because in the old system you wanted to only build a single adept and then have him improve all of your nodes before building any more so that you don't miss out on free upgrades, but now you can get the freebies for that first adept when he finally grows into a mage)

Yeah that one was really good.

Sorry about that, I fixed that section of the manual for the next release (soon I hope). It used to apply all of the free promotions as soon as you built your Adept, but casting the enhanced version spells required Channeling II & III, but now you don't need the channeling promotions to cast the top level spells, so instead the free promotions are applied when you upgrade to a mage/archmage and are capable of using that level of magic (which is really nice, because in the old system you wanted to only build a single adept and then have him improve all of your nodes before building any more so that you don't miss out on free upgrades, but now you can get the freebies for that first adept when he finally grows into a mage)

Please don't EVER apologise Xienwolf - your manual is incredible, and superior to pretty much any commerical manual I've ever seen even though it's not finished yet.

A mod that exceeds most commerical games, a manual that exceeds most commercial manuals... things done for love not money do have that extra spark.

Back to my original question of FF2, I now understand that I should be building armies of adepts and throwing them into battle. I'd be keeping one or two hanging around reading in the library - perhaps not the best strategy.

Best strategy is to have them added to a stack of doom, and anytime the opponent is especially weak, check if the Adept can beat it for some easy bonus XP. And if you get a Great Commander, Golden Hammer, or anything else to grant bonus strength, place it on an adept so they can win more battles.

Thats how it goes... I come here to report a bug about the game crashing when trying to group units, and theres already a patch :) And I just got "i" yesterday.
I love you guys for all the courage and effort you put into this great mod.

Does it matter if I failed to get a previously released patch or are the previous patches included in all new/updated ones?

-sorry if this has been asked before...

Top Bottom