While We Wait: The Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turner

Deity
Retired Moderator
Ok, as promised, here is the new thread. There are a few rules we will be sticking to, and whomever starts the new thread, they should include these rules in the first post as well.

1) This thread is for topics/posting related to NESing, but that would not fit into another thread. If you feel the need to spam/post off topic, we have an entire subforum provided for just such posting. Use it. Spamming this thread, or for that matter other NES threads, will be dealt with.

2) This thread will be binned sometime after it's 1000th post. That doesn't mean that as soon as the post hits 999 replies run off and start the next one. Report the post, state that it is time to close the thread, and continue to use this thread until a moderator (that's a CFC moderator) gets around to closing the thread and starting a new one.

3) Spam will not be tolerated in this thread. Period. Warnings, infractions, or bans will be handed out as needed. Posting off topic will not be tolerated. Again, we have a subforum for it.

4) Yes, I said point 1 twice. I'm bringing it up here again because I'm serious about it.

I will be subscribed to this thread and will be reading it. Any violations in the forum rules, or the rules laid out above, will be dealt with.

Enjoy!

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." -- Captain Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie (The Drumhead)

I'll re-add WWW to the FAQ thread. ;)

You should have called it While we Wait.

Thanks Turner, should make WWW more enjoyable.

Now, to restate my post in the NES Development Thread, do you believe video and audio clips shall be used as an NESing media format, and when do you think such a development will happen, if ever?

Cool, although it would have been even better if this was WWW part 10. But thanks, Turner.
And no, carmen, audio clips will make NESes more fun, but are too hard and/or time consuming to create.

That strikes me as somewhat small-minded. Who can say where NESing will be after the next great advances in high technology?

On this current generation of computers, sure, media creation is too time consuming. But just as image compression and creation has become easier, more powerful computing technology and more intuitive, better integrated systems (perhaps even on a neural level) will allow us to produce content without a keyboard. At that point, you're approaching full audio-visual integration.

So, I'd give it about 15-25 years, assuming NESing still exists then.

Presumably if someone wants to hijack a RTW or MTW:2 game, they could simulate battles with fair effectiveness and attach them to the update as visual aids. I remember Daft using images from said games a while back.

Where's Matrix anyway?

Who here thinks they will be on the forum in 10 years? I will probably.

Retroactive deletion.

I've been here for 6 years :eek:

I guess I could eke out another 4, just for the hell of it. Another 10? I dunno, hopefully I'm so busy being awesome that I won't have time.

Now, to restate my post in the NES Development Thread, do you believe video and audio clips shall be used as an NESing media format, and when do you think such a development will happen, if ever?

And to restate my reply, I've been thinking about writing music for NESes. :p More specifically, I imagine I might do a national anthem or two at some point... as to mood music for the update, that could work. We'll see.

Out of curiosity, is it spam to say, "das should mod again"? Because it certainly is true.

I don't think das' lack of current modship is from a deficit in effort. He's working on it, right?

Who here thinks they will be on the forum in 10 years? I will probably.

I doubt it, I hope not anyway. In honesty I expect to be around for 2010, but after that I'm starting University and might leave the forum, although perhaps not permanently.

NK, about how many more updates will there be in your NES before we need another climate map? Because I have a feeling a ton of new lands are going to starting being revealed soon. (finding Ndeos, the city states in the east expanding, Liang expanding)

Repost of what I asked in WWW8:

Symph, are we to assume from the fact that your signature changed that all of those projects are now at 100%?

If so, I look forward to the upcoming SymNES II update (but am most certainly not asking when it will appear ;)).

NK, about how many more updates will there be in your NES before we need another climate map? Because I have a feeling a ton of new lands are going to starting being revealed soon. (finding Ndeos, the city states in the east expanding, Liang expanding)

Technically we need one now. I don't know if anyone's noticed, but the climate's been a changing.

Technically we need one now. I don't know if anyone's noticed, but the climate's been a changing.

That would be a good addition to the update. Because I've been basing most of my plans off of the old climates. It might influence my orders if I knew what areas have changed.

I'm eagerly awaiting the update! :D Let's hope my plans go unhindered. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom