5th City Number 5!!!

1. lets see if we have iron first
2. lets see how much monument first delays settler
Now that we know where the Iron is... Are we going for the Iron or going for the Gold with our 5th city?

I am leaning towards Iron... no surprise since I wanted Copper first.

I still think we should go for corn-gold first. If Haz is going to build a settler after pop 7 is reached then we'll be able to settle the fishy-iron city pretty soon.

We can get the fur by the culture expanding, we don't necessarily need to have it in the BFC...
:eek:Whoa there tiger... Isn't fur a 5:commerce: tile for us? I think we might want it in the BFC if we can at all manage it.

Fur 1:commerce: + Camp 3:commerce: + Financial Trait 1:commerce: = 5:commerce: right? I attached the "Fur" civilopedia entry

It might just be 4:commerce:... Maybe the camp dosen't actually ADD 3:commerce: maybe it just makes the tile give 3 :commerce:total but that still is nothing to be sneezed at.

Spoiler :

For comparison:
Fur with camp = 1:hammers:5:commerce:
Coast with Moai = 2:food:1:hammers:3:commerce:

It's nothing worth getting too excited about IMO :rolleyes:

The gold tile further over is much more interesting: 2:hammers:8:commerce:

It's nothing worth getting too excited about IMO :rolleyes:

The gold tile further over is much more interesting: 2:hammers:8:commerce:
I disagree...:(
2:hammers:8:commerce: for Gold is nothing compared to the:
4 :food: with fish
1:hammers:5:commerce: with fur, and
5:hammers: with Iron that we will get if we build our city on the hill south of the iron.
Check out the map for reference:
Spoiler :
I think we have our next "potterygate" in the pipeline.

Maybe we should just build the damn city by the copper river, make a long road there, and militarize that city all we can bear, and send those useless warriors for police duty in our hinterland cities as defogging is concluded along the road.

Maybe we should just build the damn city by the copper river, make a long road there, and militarize that city all we can bear, and send those useless warriors for police duty in our hinterland cities as defogging is concluded along the road.

Yes, the copper city would make a great commerce city with river cottages.

I am just pointing out the commerce thing have been driven too far, and that you guys burnt hard to get aesthetics to build that wonder, when our industry is pretty much rust belt, I decided it was time to rock the boat a bit, and make sure both MMing and tecjnology choice gave us the industrial parity needed to handle the tasks we set for us.

I am for city 5 on corn gold spot

For city 6 we need to scout and see if any opponents are towards the center...if yes then make it on fish iron spot (on the tundra unless there is more seafood west) so we can have some units to support expanding. If not then go for the center with warriors and chariots.

For city 6 we need to scout and see if any opponents are towards the center...if yes then make it on fish iron spot (on the tundra unless there is more seafood west) so we can have some units to support expanding. If not then go for the center with warriors and chariots.

I agree to this strategy, and yes, cottage spam that gold city all you want. :)
Pavlodar should get a different treatment, industrial.

I agree to this strategy, and yes, cottage spam that gold city all you want. :)
Pavlodar should get a different treatment, industrial.

I agree with both posts

Even if I will vote for the Gold City first, I think it would be healthy for the game if polling was used again. I suggest that in order to poll something, a poll option requires a minimum of 2 sponsors, and the poll must last 48 hours as a standard, absolute majority, and all assumptions must be written in the OP, as well as the terms (duration, options, absolute majority and Kaleb as tie breaker until we got another "king").

Even if I will vote for the Gold City first, I think it would be healthy for the game if polling was used again. I suggest that in order to poll something, a poll option requires a minimum of 2 sponsors, and the poll must last 48 hours as a standard, absolute majority, and all assumptions must be written in the OP, as well as the terms (duration, options, absolute majority and Kaleb as tie breaker until we got another "king").
One issue at a time. :) Going by the standard you suggest, if at least one other person wants to poll this issue we will poll the Following question:

How many sponsors / requests will be required to conduct a poll?
a. 1 person
b. 2 persons
c. 3 persons
d. 4 persons

We will then have a runoff poll between the top 2 choices, unless there is an obvious overwhelming majority for one of the choices.

The other issues you suggest will be dealt with, each in turn, using the same method. For now, is there anyone else in favor of polling this issue?

I say b) , 2, as we are not that many people. The Senate requires 1 co-sponsor for a bill, for example. 1 would generate poll cottage spam, whereas 3 or 4 would make polls too hard to get worth considering.

I say b) , 2, as we are not that many people. The Senate requires 1 co-sponsor for a bill, for example. 1 would generate poll cottage spam, whereas 3 or 4 would make polls too hard to get worth considering.
We should move this discussion to the "Polls" thread

I will re-post the current issue there.

I think we should build an iron city next.

We can back fill the gold city in later but we don't need more commerce right now.

Also having the ability to build axes and spears will be very reassuring.

Top Bottom