New version released:

Download Legends of Revolution 0.9.4b

changelog:
Legends beta: 0.9.4b
  • Consolidated 0.9.4a patch into main download
  • New Opening Screen and Music
  • New Diplo Music for Bolivar, Hitler, and Ataturk
  • Enlightened research bonus nerfed to +10%
  • Re Wrote install script, should function much better, especially with icon scripting.
  • Minor tweak to Barbarian Civ component (only requires contact with 1 full civ to settle).

The 0.9.4b release is 0.9.3 (and 0.9.4patched) save game compatible. This was actually an unscheduled release. The main reason for the existence of 0.9.4b is because I noticed about half as many downloads of the 0.9.4a patch as new downloads of the main 0.9.3 install. This would mean half the players that downloaded the mod would download a version with a critical bug in it, so I felt the need to have a working main release (even if the available patch fixed things).

There will likely be a patch for this in the next couple of days as glider has aparently fixed some of the minor issues in RevDCM, like the REV_TXT_AND stuff instead of just saying and. As per this post:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8265945&postcount=1570

Note for Devs
0.9.4b is actually less advanced then 0.9.5 light. Unfortunately 0.9.5 doesn't have ethnic art yet (so it's not used as an official release, it's a dev testing build), as we needed a light core to work with. But anyway if you do any developing for Legends please use the 0.9.5 (light test) build to work with, as that'll keep us all on the same page. Once glider upload the changes to RevDCM I'll update 0.9.5 light with the diplo music and intro screen currently in 0.9.4b, along with glider's fixes.

User comments about changes made in new builds (such as the fact Crossbows no longer deal with mounted defenses outside cities) help me determine balancing decisions, and tweaks to be made in updates. This is particularly important given we are aproaching the end of the beta stage in development (1 or 2 more full builds before the mod comes out of beta), and once this mod comes out of beta there will be no more balance tweaks made for many months if ever. Just letting you guys know that feedback on new builds is vitally important in the development process, and without it I'm not really sure if some changes (particularly the medieval era unit changes) are working as intended, and/or improve gameplay :dunno:

Top Bottom