New Version - 3.3.1 (March 26, 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry for posting here but i can't find old VP files - before merge.
Archive link is dead, can anyone help?

I am sorry for posting here but i can't find old VP files - before merge.
Archive link is dead, can anyone help?
all installers from version 1.0 are available on the GitHub repo.

Even before UU and UB; Sweden's fast artillery, juicy Great Generals and +20% attack bonus are massive. Easy-peasy early conquest. After the arrival of UU and UB I was just steamrolling.
Im impressed, was a long time since I saw an AI capture 2 capitals and Babylon wasnt doing bad he had japan as vassal for quite some time.
Been steadily high up in tech and wreaking havoc on his neighbours.
Spoiler :

1682093206078.png

Is it just me (or rather my potato laptop) or did the AI turn times increase noticeably in the recent version or two? If an AI is at war it may take around a minute for it to think about its next move.
Currently playing on standard map with 9 AIs; from midgame onwards the combined AI turn takes 3-7 minutes, depending on how many AI's are at war.

Is it just me (or rather my potato laptop) or did the AI turn times increase noticeably in the recent version or two? If an AI is at war it may take around a minute for it to think about its next move.
Currently playing on standard map with 9 AIs; from midgame onwards the combined AI turn takes 3-7 minutes, depending on how many AI's are at war.
Might be due to @ilteroi's recent changes to tactical AI - report on GitHub.

Interesting, I never saw that happening. It seems they don't want to be asked to Spain? How can you influence this without having a spy in the CS?

Didnt notice any difference (i5 and win7) but if you have a pc at the very low end small changes can have impact.
I've played earlier versions on my i3 laptop with processor graphics and ... the game runs but its not fast.

Running with far from high-end but decent laptop, playing on Huge map with 12 civs, midgame (industrial-modern) is still fairly decent, does not take minutes (around 1 - 2 min max). I'm curious about lategame, I'll try to check that.

Edit: sorry forgot to mention that there are no active wars, which could potentially greatly influence it. Maybe I should trigger a world war and see how the performance goes :D

Last edited:
Possible bug with instant yields in this version. Not sure if anyone is having similar problem. I started with progress opener (got a bunch of instant science/culture) as expected. Then switched to authority opener and the capital science bonus on citizen birth stopped triggering. Even the +5 science for council is not being awarded. Culture for researching seems to be ok.

Possible bug with instant yields in this version. Not sure if anyone is having similar problem. I started with progress opener (got a bunch of instant science/culture) as expected. Then switched to authority opener and the capital science bonus on citizen birth stopped triggering. Even the +5 science for council is not being awarded. Culture for researching seems to be ok.
Please report bugs on GitHub and include a savegame and your mod list: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues

Just to be sure : you only get bonus for pop number not already reached ; so if you hit 8 pop, then build 4 settlers => back to 4 pops, you will never get bonuses until your 9th pop. Just in case.

Please report bugs on GitHub and include a savegame and your mod list: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues
Thanks .. I already did that for a different bug a couple of hours ago related to CTD. It is the same game and wanted to check in the forum before reporting it as a bug.
Just to be sure : you only get bonus for pop number not already reached ; so if you hit 8 pop, then build 4 settlers => back to 4 pops, you will never get bonuses until your 9th pop. Just in case.
Is this a recent change. Pretty sure that wasn't the case in the previous version I was playing. Wouldn;t it be a big nerf to progress? As repeating the bonus at low pop by building settlers is one of the key advantages for this tree.

Is this a recent change. Pretty sure that wasn't the case in the previous version I was playing. Wouldn;t it be a big nerf to progress? As repeating the bonus at low pop by building settlers is one of the key advantages for this tree.
Pretty sure its been that way for a long time or maybe even forever. You normally don't get pop bonuses twice (whether its progress, the authority bonus on pop, universities, etc)

I have a reproducible crash. After I buy the first worker, the next turn when the game rotates to it, it crashes. The CallStack log has a call to recommended worker plots, I disabled that in options but it still crashes. I'm copying the CallStack here, and attaching some of the logs. Has anyone encountered this before? I'm also attaching the list of mods used.

Gamecore Callstack

Lua Callstack
=[C] (-1): GetRecommendedWorkerPlots
C:\Users\alexg\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\CoreLua\InGame.lua (950): OnUpdateSelection
C:\Users\alexg\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\CoreLua\InGame.lua (912): ?
=[C] (-1): ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-22 190743.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-04-22 190743.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 28
As an update, trying to select the worker or even creating a worker with IGE causes the same crash with the same Callstack:
Gamecore Callstack

Lua Callstack
=[C] (-1): GetRecommendedWorkerPlots
C:\Users\alexg\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\CoreLua\InGame.lua (950): OnUpdateSelection
C:\Users\alexg\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\CoreLua\InGame.lua (912): ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom