New Version - 3.3.1 (March 26, 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again about version 3.0.4. Didn't see any changes about it.

Can barbarians buy units? It is the barbarians, not the camps.
A camp appeared and the barbarian was in the way of our caravan. The caravan was looted.

This is the first time I've seen a second barbarian appear nearby, which is in an inactive phase. This barbarian stands far from the camp, that is, the camp could not buy him.
Do they spawn extra on caravan plunder? not sure, I take very careful precautions with caravans in this version.

I experience very swingy AI's, current game (emperor epic) pyramids was built around t110 usually built between t40-60, and I pretty much grabbed every wonder I wanted and some.
I got stonehenge, mausoleum, great lib, terracotta, parthenon, oracle which is ridiculous.
Using standard barbs, uncertain whats happening.
Tested a game on immortal and was at 10-12 techs when tech leader (russia) was at 20+.
I wonder if some AI's just fail to cope with the increased barbs and if they get bad rng they just suck? I dont see anything else that changed to very big extent.

Again about version 3.0.4. Didn't see any changes about it.

Can barbarians buy units? It is the barbarians, not the camps.
A camp appeared and the barbarian was in the way of our caravan. The caravan was looted.

This is the first time I've seen a second barbarian appear nearby, which is in an inactive phase. This barbarian stands far from the camp, that is, the camp could not buy him.

View attachment 659910
A new barb unit is spawned when a caravan is looted.

Regarding swingy AI now had China grab stonehenge at T39 thats crazy early for emp/epic.

Regarding swingy AI now had China grab stonehenge at T39 thats crazy early for emp/epic.
Same here but for Egypt. Epic is extremely fun but should definitely be the focus moving forward (way less frustrating but nearly just as hard as standard/deity)

I had another where egypt also took stonehenge early.
Now this game where ... well there is one religion left and spain :rolleyes: has yet to found.
1681810377732.png

AIs are between 3 (sweden got boxed in a bit I think) to 7 (polynesia) cities, Im at 10, atleast AI grabs some of the good wonders but I feel like Im snowballing too hard already.
Mountain ranges are strong, just grab god of nature and keep settling.
I probably need to test more immortal games instead.

and spain :rolleyes: has yet to found.
I'm yet to see Spain perform well in general. Can't remember seeing them somewhere in the middle of the scoreboard, much less on top. Seems like an eternal outsider to me. Being a religion-focused civ they seem to perform poorly in that field as well.

I'm yet to see Spain perform well in general. Can't remember seeing them somewhere in the middle of the scoreboard, much less on top. Seems like an eternal outsider to me. Being a religion-focused civ they seem to perform poorly in that field as well.
In the end they did manage to grab the last religion and yes they perform a lot worse after the changes, both in general and religion.

Spain also focus their UI which ... is not very strong.
Surprised to have sweden on top in my current game.
And ... its rough trying to play ottomans in this iteration, trade routes to are so hard to keep alive with all barb spawns.

This was unexpected
Spoiler :

1681918946018.png

1681918970609.png

Spain (authority) lost its capital to sweden (authority), just no idea what Japan is doing but Tradition isnt really his jam, I have no idea what babylon (progress) took just met him because defensive pact.

This was unexpected

Spain (authority) lost its capital to sweden (authority), just no idea what Japan is doing but Tradition isnt really his jam, I have no idea what babylon (progress) took just met him because defensive pact.

Two of my prejudices confirmed:

1. Spain is weak
2. Tradition is weak

Two of my prejudices confirmed:

1. Spain is weak
2. Tradition is weak
Yes I agree, had several games where Spain just fails on all fronts.
Sweden is often weak too I've had several games where sweden is abysmal, but if a civ starts to take a city or two they tend to do well.
Sweden got great wall here which is a very good AI wonder pre gunpowder, with alhambra and statue of zeus its possible I have a somewhat dangerous AI.

Yes I agree, had several games where Spain just fails on all fronts.
Sweden is often weak too I've had several games where sweden is abysmal, but if a civ starts to take a city or two they tend to do well.
Sweden got great wall here which is a very good AI wonder pre gunpowder, with alhambra and statue of zeus its possible I have a somewhat dangerous AI.
I only played Sweden once. Was so good (due to their uniques) that I felt dirty and promised to never play for them again :lol:

I only played Sweden once. Was so good (due to their uniques) that I felt dirty and promised to never play for them again :lol:
Thing is UU got moved from gunpowder to rifling and sweden have zero science or culture bonuses until public schools.
Few AIs are capable at catching up or be competetive if too far behind at gunpowder, more likely they are just going to hinder a neighbour.
AI is bad at saving units and getting op upgraded units.

Thing is UU got moved from gunpowder to rifling and sweden have zero science or culture bonuses until public schools.
Few AIs are capable at catching up or be competetive if too far behind at gunpowder, more likely they are just going to hinder a neighbour.
AI is bad at saving units and getting op upgraded units.
Even before UU and UB; Sweden's fast artillery, juicy Great Generals and +20% attack bonus are massive. Easy-peasy early conquest. After the arrival of UU and UB I was just steamrolling.

eventciv.JPG

I was not aware of this new event for a city-state, anyone has some info on how and why this is happening ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom