Mafia Game: Monty Python and the Holy Grail (GAME THREAD)

Given the INITIAL setup, and the immense amount of power roles in the game, both pro-town and neutral, and given the two serial killers and some roles which could withstand their attacks, for the first time ever I made a mafia family out of FOUR players and even made one of them a Mason infiltrator. That had the intended effect of balancing the game, because Oyzar was able to do exactly what his role intended, which was convince the masonic defenders to waste their talents on protecting mafia all game long, and keep suspicion off of himself.

Sorry for the intentional ruse, Camikaze and Hell_hound, but in my defense, your role PMs never said that oyzar was innocent.

:goodjob:

From about three or four game days back (specifically when we had just killed Catharsis and CCRunner was looking like he might somehow be the Rabbit), I kept telling oyzar and Paulus our best move was for oyzar to push for me to get lynched. He'd have been solidly innocent for the rest of the game!

*sigh* That would have been awesome.

But then CCRunner wasn't the Rabbit and we had to deal with Backwards Logic after all; and I got newted and somehow NOBODY NOTICED, and it just kind of never happened. Oh well.

AND MY BELOVED MOOSE AND LLAMAS!!! YOU EVIL MURDERERS KILLED OFF MY BELOVED LLAMAS!!! And the Moose were pretty crippled most of the game too. *cries*

Tell me about it. Two of the Llamas were killed on the first night, and two of the mooses were periodically inactive, so instead of the intended 4 mooses and 4 llamas, it was 3 (ZPV, CCRunner, and cindle) mooses and 2 (me and rhawn) llamas for the first two nights, then 2 (Tasslehoff and CCRunner) mooses to 1 (me) llama after the third night when rhawn and cindle died, kill fire was WOG'd and ZPV vanished. Then Catharsis killed Tasslehoff on night 5 and CCRunner was lynched shortly after, leaving just me and the inactive ZPV/KingMorgan/plarq. So yeah, they ruined it.

I'm not sure if any of us ever even found more than one of each other. My first 3 night investigations were sprig (who I got nothing from on account of being a newt), Double A, and Renata (who was turned into a newt, leaving me incapable of figuring out she was a KWSN but capable of figuring out she wasn't a llama or moose), so all of the other llamas died before I found them. As to the mooses, there was CCRunner, who admitted it- I never scanned him- and Tasslehoff, who died the night I investigated him. And I already knew he was a moose anyway (but pretended not to), cause kill fire's a cheating bastard.

Camikaze said:
Having said that, though, ATPG made the right call, based off the fact that I could've listened to the ghosts, and that others probably did, being not so assured of oyzar's innocence. And I feel like such a douche for protecting oyzar.

Yeah. I briefly suspected you just because of your defense of Backwards and oyzar.

Do you guys think I was a bit harsh, turning kill fire into a pancake inside the shadow of the valley of my footprint, and putting ZPV into a very uncomfortable position, with my wrath of God powers.

I try to be merciful but unexplained inactivity leads to replacement. :king:

Wait, Oyzar quit the forum? why?

Nevertheless, ATPG I hope you host more games in the future. It was great! :D

I wasn't even aware that any Llama's existed. ???

This is a 'In' to any future games.

Wait, Oyzar quit the forum? why?

Personal issues. You may ask him privately.

Nevertheless, ATPG I hope you host more games in the future. It was great! :D

I shall. I've got to wait my turn though, I've been totally spoiled getting to host two in a row. If you guys like my games you should read some of my other ones.

I wasn't even aware that any Llama's existed. ???

They got pwned pretty badly by the serial killers and mafia.

This is a 'In' to any future games.

Excellent.

Have fun reading:

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Psycho Mafia I and Psycho mafia II, The Chainsaw Gang, The Golden Rule (long), Murder Manor I (short) Murder Manor II (Short), the Treehouse of Horror (long), Resident Evil Omega (long), and The Snatcher (awesome little game... involving ME!!!)

Games I've hosted:

Mini Simpsons Mafia, The Futurama Drama, The Full Monty, The Golden Rule, Psycho Mafia, Murder Manor I, Murder Manor II, Mini Mafia IV, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, South Park Mafia, Unknown Mafia, Treehouse of Horror, Resident Evil Omega, The Chainsaw Gang, The Snatcher, Psycho Mafia II

Were there clues in the updates alluding to the guilty parties? Great game, too bad us Llamas got smushed, spattered, and smothered so quickly.

Camikaze said:
@Choxorn- I knew either I or Snerk would die because of some foolish PMing.
No worries, i pm'd oyzar myself an told him my true VC. /facepalm

I was however very surprised that i was not killed on night 9. Figured i'd be offed for sure.

Were there clues in the updates alluding to the guilty parties? Great game, too bad us Llamas got smushed, spattered, and smothered so quickly.

Yes, on the night Oyzar was attacked, and defended, instead of his picture, there was a picture of the Holy Grail. You know, the Holy Grail you all were looking for.

As for the Knights who say Ni, the clues regarding them were the number of active killers. All the Knights would participate in the murder unless they were held up by some reason, say... being turned into a newt. This made your roleblocking Witch perhaps the most powerful townie of them all, especially once your proper prophets died.

As for the Killer Rabbit and the Black Beast, they were able to survive attacks or lynches, which warranted further scrutiny. And they smelled funny to the Llamas and the Moose. The Knights who Say Ni got progressively more stinky throughout the game because of the number of murders they committed. Animals can smell death.

I have to admit, that Holy Grail clue seemed almost unfair to me, but it really did sneak under everyone's radar. Sometimes the best place to hide clues is right in front of your eyes.

I want to point out that had the KWSN not thrown in the towel i would have most likly completed my VC.

PaulusIII beating me in the dual (day)
Snerk Biting the bullet (night)
Oyzar getting lynched (day)
Hell_hound facing PaulusII wrath final night (night)

Leaving pinman to vote for Paulus and Paulus and myself voting for me. (Final Day)

Victory Sprig, Victory KWSN

Bit harsh on me getting third place. :(

But no grudge :D still would have taken 3 days to get there :eek2:

I noticed the grail clue after my death. Upon looking back through the updates to try to determine who the dead mafia were (and figuring out it was Sithlord and Catharsis, since nothing else made sense), I noticed Sithlord and Catharsis never had their roles mentioned- for everyone else, is was "ROLE (Player) has died", and then I noticed the same was true of oyzar, and also the grail was something I always thought was kind of weird.

Going back through the updates was also how I discovered Renata was a mafia.

First of all I'd like to congratulate:

Snerk, for pulling off some good BS on Renata so that she still advised us to talk with you. Granted, since I was going to die in a few days (that was what I myself expected anyway - I'm never positive about my own chances) that might not've changed much, but you just got me to straight out reveal that I was a KWSN to a town player. That deserves some applause at any rate.

Pinman, for having solved the Renata clue and being a thorn in our side ever since you revealed that clue. Good job, even though your deduction on plarq was a mistake.

Sprig, for his completely insane portrayal of the Black Knight Who Is Always Victorious. As I mentioned before, there were better ways to go about completing your goal, but this one was enjoyable for sure. Even though your distractions were sometimes a pain to deal with.

Renata, oyzar, Sithlord for being the mafia together with me, and Renata and oyzar in particular because we were IM'ing almost everyday to plot the town's demise.

And finally:

askthepizzaguy, for an excellent game with awesome writeups, even if my role in particular made me dislike some of the rules you've introduced. Oh, how I've lamented the fact that the dead could still speak.

I might even consider writing an epic tale of the exploits of the Knights Who Say Ni, what we did and how we went about the mission. If there's enough people who'd like to read my ramblings I'm prepared to post them for your enjoyment. ;)

(That might take a while though. There's Hired Swords as well to take care of)

Coming soon to a totalwar.org gameroom near you: Askthepizzaguy presents: The Dark Knight, A Gotham City Mafia.

Starring: Batman, Harvey Dent, Italian mafia, Russian mafia, the Joker, Commissioner Gordon, and a delightful cast of characters.

Setting: Dark and Violent Gotham city. This won't be a lighthearted affair. :D

Number of Players: Give me at least 50.

Also in production: Star Wars: Fall of the Republic

Factions: Jedi, Sith, Loyalists, Separatists, Others.

Starring: All the names you'd recognize from Star Wars Episode III.

Theme: Lightsabers and blaster pistols and ray shields, OH MY

Number of Players: I want at least 70.

Pinman, for having solved the Renata clue

Actually, I think I got that a post before he did, and pointed it out subtlely, and then he pointed it out in a not-at-all-subtle way.

Awesome, totally confusing, a lot of fun!

There was one big clue about Backwards Logic the first time he was lynched, wasn't there? Or at least oyzar thought there was: he said the scene was basically the same as when the Rabbit was attacked in the movie.

Of course, I never watched it ...

choxorn, you were the first to post about me and the newting. I noticed, of course. :D

I am quite annoyed for the aformentioned reasons, but all in all it was a really fun game :). I admit I made some truly apalling errors, and Camikaze you almost got yourself lynched when you sent me that PM saying maybe oyzar is guilty. Renata confirmed Oyzar's guilt with his grudge takeover post about Sprig, because if Oyzar was innocent lynching Sprig would have doomed our team, but if Oyzar was guilty it would not have mattered. I know it was taking a joke seriously but it got the right result.

I am very happy with my outright win :D

Sheesh guys, talk about an epic finale. Congratulations to... whoever won this.

I'm just not built to be a bad guy, really. In two and a half years of playing NotW I was non-innocent for exactly one in-game day, and being evil requires you to send PMs or something, which I hate. But honestly, I really did think BL was a knight and thought I could gain some credibility from accusing him early, forgetting that credibility was the last thing I wanted now that TLO36 was dead and any old Ni-sayer could just waltz up and eviscerate me. And then it turns out that BL was the rabbit, of course, so even more misery.

Incidentally, the rabbit didn't kill anyone on the night I was offed because BL attacked me on that night, and because we were on the same team, he couldn't kill me. Very much enjoyed seeing CCRunner get lynched for that. :D I think BL attacking me was the only thing that saved us both from the fourth-place dustbin with the llamas, too. Sorry BL, I really did you no favours in this game.

There was one big clue about Backwards Logic the first time he was lynched, wasn't there? Or at least oyzar thought there was: he said the scene was basically the same as when the Rabbit was attacked in the movie

You are darn right. That was exactly the clue. He was attacked and fought off all the knights, in just the way that the rabbit would, slightly modded to look less obvious.

Kudos on spotting that.

Top Bottom