Mafia Game: Monty Python and the Holy Grail (GAME THREAD)

Awesome game, I had a lot of fun reading it (yeah, I obviously didn't participate much in the behind the scenes action).

:goodjob: ATPG. :king:

For the record, I had Renata as mafia on day three and oyzar as mafia on day four. Renata for two reasons: attempting to spin kills (her post of Camikaze and I supposedly linking Love to every innocent kill was false when that wasn't even the point of Camikaze's post plus there were other posts where she tried this as well) and the fact Love stayed alive the whole time until her death. As for oyzar, during his metagame play of finding out who was the cause of the extension (my only real gripe to the way things were handled - everyone knew my internet was out during this time and even though I wasn't the cause of it it still put me in a very bad spot. I was thisclose to rattling off a PM to ATPG to repeal the extension because I knew the unfair implications it'd have on me) and he asked me if I were the cause of it. I said no (which was the truth, I had my orders in early) and he never pressed me for more info. The second time was when he didn't interrogate me after I survived. I was waiting for him to go bonkers on me both times, but he never pushed which I found extremely odd. I figured it was too early to start wacking them but ultimately it ended up backfiring anyway. Once oyzar got the vote rolling to get the grenade my awesome defense I had made up wasn't going to work and I knew if I posted it it'd make oyzar look even more innocent. I was suspicious of Paulus for a while but never had anything concrete to go on.

Catharsis, I think I inadvertently screwed you over more than you screwed me over. Killing Seon night one was all part of the frame I had in mind for TLO36. Of course it didn't help his cause by digging his own grave once the accusations poured in, but I take responsibility for setting the whole thing up. I don't know whether to be proud that it worked or ashamed because it got my would-be future teammate killed... I was actually planning on using those accusations against me as part of my defense, so I'd say you sort of did me a favor. You weren't directly involved in getting me blown into tiny bits anyway so no harm no foul. I don't know about you, but after the second night which I killed Stuck in Pi (I got wind he had scanned me and got a funky result, so I took no chances. Civplayah - you were supposed to die that night so consider yourself lucky) I started actively looking for the Black Beast. I thought I'd be able to go about lone wolfing it and axing whoever I chose, but with the various things popping up that made me uncomfortable I knew I needed an ally. That's the only reason I attacked you - I figured you were something other that innocent so I took a chance.

I didn't exactly distinguish myself as Scum, did I? :D Hopefully I get better before I have to try it again.

As for pushing votes and such *in general*, though, I'm getting more and more aggressive in that regard both here and elsewhere, so I expect there will be more of the same coming from me -- and I'm not always going to be barking up the right tree, even if I'm innocent.

I've never yet been lynched as an innocent, though, so it would be interesting at least if something like that wound up with me in hot water.

Which is just to say: "boring innocent" role for me in the NOTW, Paulus, pretty please? :p

I don't know about you, but after the second night which I killed Stuck in Pi

Yeah, that. I think the night kills (and day kills) the first three nights were almost the end of the innocents, cause most of the roles that should have been making life very difficult for the mafia died. First, there was plarq, who was bandwagoned completely at random to save Pinman, and then TLO's threat of Seon during the night got you to kill Seon to frame TLO, and thus the two most powerful prophets in the game died. And of course, the mafia also got two of the semi-prophetic llamas on the first night, dooming us to last place and hurting something the innocents could have really used. We did get some help from TheLastOne's death, which allowed Catharsis to be killed, but then went straight back to bad on night two, losing Stuck in Pi and Winston, the other two non-neutral prophets, and oyzar got frickin protected. And then, of course, we went and lynched the Vigilante before he ever got a chance to use his powers, and the mafia got ANOTHER TWO neutral semi-prophets on the third night. I mean, damn.

Oh, and BTW, Diamondeye and Paulus said that someone should advertise for Paulus's NOTW game, so here I am. Join if you wish and think it sounds like fun.

Ahhhh, being a Moose was so frustrating!

I came in late, my predecessor having never used his power. When I finally find a fellow moose, he stops playing as well. And then I'm killed the day after :( . And then I have to watch CCRunner get lynched for a crappy coincidence, tell the truth, and have nobody listen.

Awesome game, i never knew of the mooses and llamas at all until the end. :p

Well, you should have listened to CCRunner's explanation then.

I did tell the truth about everything eventually (well, except the fact that llamas had a night kill of course) :p

I listened, and believed you were a moose. All the more reason for me to kill you. :p

So, I take it you found ZPV around Night 3 or 4 when he vanished?

I found ZPV on night 2... I should have bandwagoned when Renata tried to get him lynched.

Personal issues. You may ask him privately.

I shall. I've got to wait my turn though, I've been totally spoiled getting to host two in a row. If you guys like my games you should read some of my other ones.

They got pwned pretty badly by the serial killers and mafia.

Excellent.

Have fun reading:

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Psycho Mafia I and Psycho mafia II, The Chainsaw Gang, The Golden Rule (long), Murder Manor I (short) Murder Manor II (Short), the Treehouse of Horror (long), Resident Evil Omega (long), and The Snatcher (awesome little game... involving ME!!!)

Games I've hosted:

Mini Simpsons Mafia, The Futurama Drama, The Full Monty, The Golden Rule, Psycho Mafia, Murder Manor I, Murder Manor II, Mini Mafia IV, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, South Park Mafia, Unknown Mafia, Treehouse of Horror, Resident Evil Omega, The Chainsaw Gang, The Snatcher, Psycho Mafia II

You bloody liar! You left out the most important one of all!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=224318

Yeah if you skip to post 195 and see what happens on night one, you shall not be disappointed. Then see what happens the very next day phase.

That was a fun game to host. Nice and bloody.

In case it isn't immediately obvious:

2 mafia families, 1 serial killer, 1 joker role, and a bunch of townies.

Host left, and I took over as the host, then there were 3 suicides due to how long the game was taking to get rolling, then the serial killer shot someone, then the henchmen of both mafia families target one anothers' Godfather, which destroys both the Godfather and the henchman. This all happens on one night. The next day they lynch the joker and the rest of the townies and the serial killer dies in a massive fireball.

Quite efficient actually.

Top Bottom