[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

first of all, I installed it just fine according to your readme,
second of all, your main posts only cover one known issues, and there is no section on known issues besides one related to crashing upon pillaging,
Thridly, i know from thumbing back that I'm not the only one with this issue and you have yet to reply to their post even when they provided a save.

I popped open your readme and while there wasn't any fixes of any kind I did notice something i thought would work, but Deleting resources does nothing, it appears unrelated to the games missing interface problem

Don't know if it matters, but the game start window pops up twice

That's because most people who had your interface issues were able to resolve their problems on their own, or one of the subsequent patches remedied it for them.

Almost ALL interface issues are caused by improper installation in some way or another. I'm not saying you did, but you're not providing screenshots, savegames or anything that would help me pinpoint what is going on with your game. You just say "I have no interface" and expect me to know instantly what is wrong.

You seem to be the only person in a great while that is having interface issues, BTW.

Almost ALL interface issues are caused by improper installation in some way or another.

Good to know. Can I quote you on this? (If it's not HitM-specific, that is. I've had repeated complaints of a similar nature on MOO2Civ patches.)

That's because most people who had your interface issues were able to resolve their problems on their own, or one of the subsequent patches remedied it for them.

Almost ALL interface issues are caused by improper installation in some way or another. I'm not saying you did, but you're not providing screenshots, savegames or anything that would help me pinpoint what is going on with your game. You just say "I have no interface" and expect me to know instantly what is wrong.

You seem to be the only person in a great while that is having interface issues, BTW.

yeah when I said someone else had my problem when I thumbed back pages, I meant like 3-4 pages. and your only known issue has to do with pillaging tiles, you should be ready to expect reports like this.

According to your readme extracting the game into the mods folder works, then I slapped the vista fix on it.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Hirohito BC-1730.CivBeyondSwordSave
    335.8 KB · Views: 65
Good to know. Can I quote you on this? (If it's not HitM-specific, that is. I've had repeated complaints of a similar nature on MOO2Civ patches.)

Yeah sure, why not? It's not like I can be sued over it. :lol:

yeah when I said someone else had my problem when I thumbed back pages, I meant like 3-4 pages. and your only known issue has to do with pillaging tiles, you should be ready to expect reports like this.

According to your readme extracting the game into the mods folder works, then I slapped the vista fix on it.

So you're saying the latest patch is causing these problems for you, while v3.19 by itself works fine?

Most interface issues are Python related. Can you post up your PythonErr.log file for me to see? I know this happens once in a while in BUG v3.6 (which HiTM uses). Have you checked the BUG Mod forum to see if others are having the same problem, and if they found resolution?

I see that you've played a few turns in that screenshot. Is there a specific event that happens in the game when the interface goes blank? Also, what OS are you using? These are the kind of things I need to know.

** EDIT **

Fired up the save game you provided. I didn't run across any interface issues. Here is a screenshot I took of your game:

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 123
I know it says Vista but is the Patch 3_19e needed for XP Pro? If not does the MOD require a patch for XP?

Thanks...

I know it says Vista but is the Patch 3_19e needed for XP Pro? If not does the MOD require a patch for XP?

Thanks...

No, you should be fine. Go ahead and install v3.19e.

Patch installed and the MOD hangs on "Initializing" until the program is no longer responding.

Any ideas?

Yeah sure, why not? It's not like I can be sued over it. :lol:

So you're saying the latest patch is causing these problems for you, while v3.19 by itself works fine?

Most interface issues are Python related. Can you post up your PythonErr.log file for me to see? I know this happens once in a while in BUG v3.6 (which HiTM uses). Have you checked the BUG Mod forum to see if others are having the same problem, and if they found resolution?

I see that you've played a few turns in that screenshot. Is there a specific event that happens in the game when the interface goes blank? Also, what OS are you using? These are the kind of things I need to know.

** EDIT **

Fired up the save game you provided. I didn't run across any interface issues. Here is a screenshot I took of your game:
my previous experience with the 3.19 patch was with vista, so in short it doesn't work without the patch either, Currently I'm using windows 7, and I've never experienced problems with games that use BUG, Is this a problem associated with the latest build? I don't know what other versions my mods have, I know I never experienced anything like this in BUFFY.
Should I pin the whole log? or erase them and fire up a new game?
I haven't been able to faithfully recreate the interface, it appears for a turn or two sometimes, but most of the time i need to go into the city screen to do anything, I've already tried reinstalling. I'm going to try some more stuff, I don't usually sit around and wait unless I'm totaly stumped.

Edit===
What i tried was to dig out a copy of XP and get the thing running in it on a dual boot,
No luck, same problem, so the error is definitely unrelated to my operating system it appears.
here are the logs.

Attachments

• PythonDbg.txt
    26.9 KB · Views: 72
  • PythonErr2.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 69
i suppose its also worth mentioning that new cities from expansive leaders do NOT start with 2 pop

my previous experience with the 3.19 patch was with vista, so in short it doesn't work without the patch either, Currently I'm using windows 7, and I've never experienced problems with games that use BUG, Is this a problem associated with the latest build? I don't know what other versions my mods have, I know I never experienced anything like this in BUFFY.
Should I pin the whole log? or erase them and fire up a new game?
I haven't been able to faithfully recreate the interface, it appears for a turn or two sometimes, but most of the time i need to go into the city screen to do anything, I've already tried reinstalling. I'm going to try some more stuff, I don't usually sit around and wait unless I'm totaly stumped.

Edit===
What i tried was to dig out a copy of XP and get the thing running in it on a dual boot,
No luck, same problem, so the error is definitely unrelated to my operating system it appears.
here are the logs.

I need the PythonErr.log file, not the PythonErr2.log file. Big difference.

i suppose its also worth mentioning that new cities from expansive leaders do NOT start with 2 pop

Good catch... when updating to Better BTS AI v0.81M I forgot to re-include the python code to AIAutoPlay.

Attached to this post is a quick fix. Just extract the contents of this zip file to:

HISTORY IN THE MAKING/Assets/Python/HiTM/BetterAI

When asked to overwrite, click "yes". This will allow Expansive leaders to have +2 Population in a city when it is founded.

Attachments

• AIAutoPlay.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 331
I need the PythonErr.log file, not the PythonErr2.log file. Big difference.

that log is always empty on my computer. I guess this time it actually had stuff.

Attachments

• PythonErr.txt
    42.5 KB · Views: 84
that log is always empty on my computer. I guess this time it actually had stuff.

How exactly did you install HiTM? And where did you install it to?

How exactly did you install HiTM? And where did you install it to?

extracted onto desk top, merged the patch with the folder, stuck it in the BTS program files mod folder.

extracted onto desk top, merged the patch with the folder, stuck it in the BTS program files mod folder.

Well, according to your log file, it seems like HiTM is searching for a file that isn't there. Curious... do you have Warlords installed? What version of BTS do you have? Is it from CD, Direct to Drive, Steam, etc?

First time ever I've seen those kind of errors in a log file. Very unusual.

Well, according to your log file, it seems like HiTM is searching for a file that isn't there. Curious... do you have Warlords installed? What version of BTS do you have? Is it from CD, Direct to Drive, Steam, etc?

First time ever I've seen those kind of errors in a log file. Very unusual.
Civ gold + BTS

I wonder if Civ Gold has anything to do with it? That's the only thing I can think of. The error seems to be BUG Mod related, that's all I'm certain on.

I wonder if Civ Gold has anything to do with it? That's the only thing I can think of. The error seems to be BUG Mod related, that's all I'm certain on.

it shouldn't and for the record, isn't Warlords not a requirement? IIRC BTS is supposed to fill in the parts from warlord as far as the engine sees.

Only real way to know is to ask other people who use Civ Gold

you said you use 3.6? what about a newer version of bug?

I love this mod :) Just for the info I believe the new patch doesn't work with old savegames so wait till you start a new game before updating, also for the guy above : I'm on windows 7 64x and it works fine so I think your issue is definitely not related to the os.

Also is it me or is the "free upgrade" bonus from the great general's building useless ? And is it me or is there no limit of wonders per city ? If it's the case, I like the idea :)

Top Bottom