[BtS] DIPLOMACY: a mod for Diplogames!

Organized or Philosophical would be interesting for a Celt leader. I'd probably recommend philosophical/protective in this case.

Wow, the redone Itzcoatl and Henry VIII look great! Any chance of getting those posted when you are finished with them?

Cheers,
ripple01

I'm not going to post them but if you want them you could always playtest my mod. :mischief:

If you do you'd have to PM me so I can easily keep track of who is in so far. Speaking of which I only have three playtesters right now, I need some more guys so if you haven't done so please PM me and let me know.

I am now doing Germany, Greece and the Inca. I need to get some quick thoughts on the Greeks if you want to change what I have in mind. Currently here is the whole list:
  • Alexander - Philosophical/Aggressive
  • Pericles - Philosophical/Creative
  • Cleomenes - Aggressive/Protective (more to emulate Sparta's military focus than his own personality)
  • Pyrrhus -Charismatic/Imperialist

In Pyrrhus' case I gave him the Imperialist trait to exemplify his acumen as a commander, he was very highly regarded as such and Hannibal himself said Pyrrhus was the second greatest commander in history. I can change these traits quite easily, but basically I am asking about the leaders so don't comment on the traits just yet (save that for after the playtest). I added only Lalibela to Ethiopia right now, I might add one of the Meneliks but I haven't decided on which one yet or if I want to add a fourth leader to Ethiopia.

Why Charismatic?

Why Charismatic?

For the effect, not the title of the trait. It gives you quicker promotions through XP points, so this is also a nod to his abilities as a general.

Besides that, Generals of the time period usually had to be pretty charismatic to get their men to fight for them especially in the Greek world where you were working with volunteer armies for the most part.

Oh, I get it.

For example, if a leader pushed for socialized medicine a lot, you'd have to give him Expansive, for the health bonus.

Oh, I get it.

For example, if a leader pushed for socialized medicine a lot, you'd have to give him Expansive, for the health bonus.

Yeah, exactly. Well if they were well-known for that, or if that was a better option than another trait. So a lot of the traits may not make sense based on the name of the trait, but the effect of the trait would make sense. I am using Amra's personalities for certain leaders I can't find anywhere else or don't know much about, and she has Adenauer with a spiritual trait, I am not sure if this was due to his religious beliefs or due to his governmental activities (i.e. the no anarchy thing) but I assume it was for the latter.

I'm having some difficulty figuring out who to use as Jawaharlal Nehru for India. I was thinking of using this and removing all the military decorations from his clothing and then reskinning him:

I know it is only a place-holder LH, but I'd still like it to look somewhat similar for the playtest (I like the playtesters to have fun while they're at it). Do you guys think that's okay or does anybody have a better suggestion?

Also if anybody is reading this it would be helpful if someone could find a good BG image for Nehru, I am putting in the Greeks and Pachacuti as we speak and India is up next.

How about the India Gate?

Did you get the answer right? I really hope you didn't say Calcutta or Bombay, when it's in (New) Delhi.

I got it right, and said Mumbai (Bombay). THIS is what I was talking about though, sorry for the confusion. Either one would probably work, but I think the Gate of India is probably better because its more brightly colored.

Damn, just remembered I forgot Haile Selassie. Maybe if I was high I would have remembered. :crazyeye:

Should I give Selassie reggae music as his diplomacy music? I personally like reggae and think it would be awesome to do that, and there are plenty of reggae songs about him.

Knock yourself out! Although Selassie would wonder what the :):):):) was going on, "What is with these crazy Rasta mons saying I be God?"

Once you go Inca, of others you don't think-a. :D

I fear that might sound too Catherinian...

I don't really remember who made this LH but the arms look strange in NifSkope. Anyway I retextured it to be a Jawaharlal Nehru place-holder, so I didn't go all out on it, and it doesn't look that much like him but I think its close enough to be a place-holder. What do you guys think?

Another thing, Nehru was an Atheist, but I was going to give him Hinduism anyway because I'd rather have India choose Hinduism in the Choose Religion setting so they don't block another civ from their religion (like if they chose Olympic Pantheon or something). You think that's fine or should I just give him NONE?

If Mao has Confucianism, it's fine. It's not like wanted to destroy all the religions in the world.

Top Bottom