How to Install RFC to make it work on BTS on Steam?

cescofresco_

Chieftain
Hi! I'm new here, I've seen this amazing Mod and I wanted to try it on my BTS.
As soon as I play it on Steam since I'm not an expert in this field I tried to install it using but it keeps giving me "Error 2".
In which place shoud I install the mod to make it work if I have the game on Steam?

Hope someone can help me and thanks in advice for who will do

I think you have to change your steam install to the "beta branch" that is compatible. I don't own the Steam version, so maybe someone else can add the details.

I've read on here, before i have to install it on the game directory. is it possible to know where exactly since i'm not an expert on these things and I don't know how to do it
Seems like the problem is related in loading the mod as it says it's an error with Python

Last edited:
I do remember you need admin rights for this mod, maybe kinda cliché but unsure if steam allows that as with others games, you often need to enable it.

These are some of the errors that appear on the screen after trying to load the mod

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    15.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    15.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    15.3 KB · Views: 27
Is your language set to something other than English? You can only play the mod in English language.

Please upload the PythonErr.log file from My Games/Beyond the Sword/Logs

[94377.437] DBG: CIV Init
[94377.437] VERSION: App: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\beyond the sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe
[94377.437] VERSION: Build: Thu May 14 16:17:10 2009
[94377.437] VERSION: 3.1.9.0 (128100)
[94389.812] VERSION: Mod Loaded: C:\Users\Francesco\OneDrive\Documenti\My Games\beyond the sword\Mods\RFC Dawn of Civilization\
[94389.828] DBG: FILE Cat Init

You mean like this? I've found it on "init" in the file you said

[94389.812] VERSION: Mod Loaded: C:\Users\Francesco\OneDrive\Documenti\My Games\beyond the sword\Mods\RFC Dawn of Civilization\
Try moving the mod folder to your BtS Mods directory in your Steam folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

I did what you said but the problems keep remaining the same, I took some screenshots of some of them hoping it might be useful

Attachments

• Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    60.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    16.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    15.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    17.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    15.5 KB · Views: 23
Try launching BtS via Steam, then loading the mod from the 'Advanced' menu, rather than using the .exe the mod comes with. If that doesn't work, try deleting the mod and reinstall it, directly to the Steam BtS Mod folder.

Are you using that windows Onedrive? I never got this mod working from the documents map even with the DVD version. Likely either due to onedrive (which is useless and bloats quick) or security settings? So as Mondayman says, use the mod folder in the game folder. Similar issues with a game like Crusader Kings 3 and onedrive for me.

I have recently installed DoC after purchasing CivIV on steam.
I manually picked the the destination and let the autoinstaller work its magic.
The shortcut on the desktop gives an error, but ingame DoC can be selected and I have encountered no errors on the first civilization I play so far.

I think it should not end in your documents folder, for example. But the mods of the CIV IV itself, as well naturally adminstrator access etc, which is no basic on Steam on.

Top Bottom