Rise of Mankind 2.8 torrents

The download for the megapack went much smoother and faster than the RoM full torrents, and the megapack is bigger than RoM 2.8 full. I'm glad Zappara got the release kinks worked out. Did you use Super Seeding?

Also, whoever was 213.114.138.102, I owe you a big thanks. I downloaded roughly 350mb of data from you, at 1mb/s. ;)

The download for the megapack went much smoother and faster than the RoM full torrents, and the megapack is bigger than RoM 2.8 full. I'm glad Zappara got the release kinks worked out. Did you use Super Seeding?

Also, whoever was 213.114.138.102, I owe you a big thanks. I downloaded roughly 350mb of data from you, at 1mb/s. ;)

That was me :)
I'm lucky in that I have a really fast connection. I'll be seeding the megacivpack most of today so people should get a nice boost on that one hopefully.

I need some help getting the Megapack to load the Custom Civilizations - I downloaded the torrent and put the file in my MODS folder but none of the new leader/civilizations appear.

First time I've ever had such problems like this.... What am I forgetting?

EDIT ** Sorry for the post** I figured it out and now feel really stupid..... :(

Don't forget to allow Modules to be loaded!!!!!!

Rise of Mankind 2.8 is huge mod for BtS, but does load and I have started a game with it. I wanted to add the 60 civs and 82 leaders as well so I tried installing first the add on pack and then the Megapack. in both cases the start screen finally appeared, but when I attempted to go beyond that I got a CTD error. and yes I did run that jar program located in the Modules folder (incorrectly listed as being in the Custom Civilizations folder) to enable the audio and presumably further integrate the new content in RoM

apparently all those added civs and leaderheads creates a memory problem. I have 2 GB RAM on Win XP, but apparently that is not enough

so plan two is to just use those leaderheads containing civ traits I would like the game to have. after installing the add-on pack I can erase all the new civs from the Custom Civilizations folder, but I need a list posted of the civ traits associated with each of the 82 new leaders so I know which ones to keep

I play with "unrestricted leaders" (you get to pick which civ that they lead) so I am assuming that only adding leaderheads will work. if this is not the case let me know. if this will work perhaps a separate release of just the 82 new leaders will be a small enough addition that I no longer get a CTD, and would also be useful to others who currently cannot get the Megapack to work

joelwest

Rise of Mankind 2.8 is huge mod for BtS, but does load and I have started a game with it. I wanted to add the 60 civs and 82 leaders as well so I tried installing first the add on pack and then the Megapack. in both cases the start screen finally appeared, but when I attempted to go beyond that I got a CTD error. and yes I did run that jar program located in the Modules folder (incorrectly listed as being in the Custom Civilizations folder) to enable the audio and presumably further integrate the new content in RoM

apparently all those added civs and leaderheads creates a memory problem. I have 2 GB RAM on Win XP, but apparently that is not enough

so plan two is to just use those leaderheads containing civ traits I would like the game to have. after installing the add-on pack I can erase all the new civs from the Custom Civilizations folder, but I need a list posted of the civ traits associated with each of the 82 new leaders so I know which ones to keep

I play with "unrestricted leaders" (you get to pick which civ that they lead) so I am assuming that only adding leaderheads will work. if this is not the case let me know. if this will work perhaps a separate release of just the 82 new leaders will be a small enough addition that I no longer get a CTD, and would also be useful to others who currently cannot get the Megapack to work

joelwest

Inside Custom Civilizations, the civs there already have their leaders.

Inside Custom Leaderheads, the leaders are for the default civs in RoM. So You can safely extract the extra Leaderheads to 2.8full or 2.8lite. Recommend that if you don't use civpack, to delete the Rise of Mankind from Mods folder and install 2.8full or 2.8lite because Megaciv have slightly differently folder/file structure to accommodate the civpack.

Inside Custom Leaderheads, the leaders are for the default civs in RoM. So You can safely extract the extra Leaderheads to 2.8full or 2.8lite. Recommend that if you don't use civpack, to delete the Rise of Mankind from Mods folder and install 2.8full or 2.8lite because Megaciv have slightly differently folder/file structure to accommodate the civpack.
I extracted RoM2.8MegaCivPack1.7.rar to a place outside of where it is supposed to be extracted and copied just the 'Custom Leaderheads' folder to add the new leaders. the root of this folder contains an updated MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml which updates the list of defined leaders to include these new leaders.

I then attempted to create a new game and the new leaders from the mega pack all show up, and are all associated with their correct civ. (it is a little confusing that they are NOT all in alphabetical order, so originally I thought I was missing some of the leaders, specifically Bush and Philip II.)

it turns out NONE of the additional civs in the megapack have a leader in the leaders that are part of the megapack, so a leader not associated with such a civ will have to be chosen. this being the case RoM2.8MegaCivPack1.7.rar needs to broken into the part containing just the new civ's and another part with just the leaders for existing (non megapack) civ's. eventually the former can be expanded as leaders are created for all those new civ's

joelwest

it turns out NONE of the additional civs in the megapack have a leader in the leaders that are part of the megapack, so a leader not associated with such a civ will have to be chosen. this being the case RoM2.8MegaCivPack1.7.rar needs to broken into the part containing just the new civ's and another part with just the leaders for existing (non megapack) civ's. eventually the former can be expanded as leaders are created for all those new civ's

joelwest

I don't understand.

The extra civs already have their own leaders inside each civ folder. Therefore if you had not installed Custom Civilizations, the logical conclusion is you will not have the leaders of these civs. Only when you install the Custom Civilizations with the extra civs will you have leaders that come with the extra civs.

Otherwise, I don't understand.

I don't understand.

The extra civs already have their own leaders inside each civ folder. Therefore if you had not installed Custom Civilizations, the logical conclusion is you will not have the leaders of these civs. Only when you install the Custom Civilizations with the extra civs will you have leaders that come with the extra civs.

Otherwise, I don't understand.
I assume you are right. I cannot load the megapack version of RoM due to memory issues

I like the modular concept of RoM, but to load a save game it takes over 5 minutes, so some memory optimization needs to be done

joelwest

I assume you are right. I cannot load the megapack version of RoM due to memory issues

I like the modular concept of RoM, but to load a save game it takes over 5 minutes, so some memory optimization needs to be done

joelwest

Or perhaps, the word "mega" should be a tip off that you need a "mega" powerful computer to run the "mega" pack? ;)

Or perhaps, the word "mega" should be a tip off that you need a "mega" powerful computer to run the "mega" pack? ;)

In that case, it [megacivpack] is an oxymoron :) because my computer is not mega by any stretch of the word :D.

Hi everyone,
I have a few questions:
1. I first updated ROM to v.2.81 and then I updated it with the Hotfix 3, is there any more updated versions or hotfixes which I am missing to get the latest version?

2. What do you guys use for torrent, currently I use limewire (just because I already have it), but is there any faster ones which you guys know of?

Thanks for your help, and this mod is yet another huge success for the ROM modding community :goodjob:

Hi everyone,
I have a few questions:
1. I first updated ROM to v.2.81 and then I updated it with the Hotfix 3, is there any more updated versions or hotfixes which I am missing to get the latest version?

2. What do you guys use for torrent, currently I use limewire (just because I already have it), but is there any faster ones which you guys know of?

Thanks for your help, and this mod is yet another huge success for the ROM modding community :goodjob:

When you download 2.8Full or Lite, you should not touch hotfix because it was for 2.8 version.

To update to 2.81, go to the patch and install it over 2.8.

Then you are done with updating.

When you download 2.8Full or Lite, you should not touch hotfix because it was for 2.8 version.

To update to 2.81, go to the patch and install it over 2.8.

Then you are done with updating.

So if I already added Hotfix 3, and v2.81 should I reinstall ROM again (and start clean) or does hotfix 3 not effect the game?

So if I already added Hotfix 3, and v2.81 should I reinstall ROM again (and start clean) or does hotfix 3 not effect the game?

If you are playing RoM now without any bad things happening, then I guess you are OK for now.

But if not, better reinstall 2.8, then 2.81 patch. No hotfix.

Is it possible for me just to get the new leaders for the already existing civs, becuase I don't want all the new civs, just the already existing ones and there new leader heads.
Also I was wondering if I already have v2.81 is there any point at all at getting the megapack (besides the new civs and leaders)?

Is it possible for me just to get the new leaders for the already existing civs, becuase I don't want all the new civs, just the already existing ones and there new leader heads.
Also I was wondering if I already have v2.81 is there any point at all at getting the megapack (besides the new civs and leaders)?

After you get 2.81, then all you need to download is civpack, not megaciv. Then when it is done downloading, just extract Custom Leaderheads to Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules.

Top Bottom