Rise of Mankind 2.8 torrents

Just wanted to give some intermediate results: the 2.8 Full is very well alive (93 seeders!), the Lite might need some additional seeds (only 9).

My conclusion at this point is that Zapparas decision to distribute the files by torrent is a huge success and the community moved closer together, creating new synergies.

Spoiler :

Just wanted to give some intermediate results: the 2.8 Full is very well alive (93 seeders!), the Lite might need some additional seeds (only 9).

My conclusion at this point is that Zapparas decision to distribute the files by torrent is a huge success and the community moved closer together, creating new synergies.

I think it went well. Was a little slow to start, but a private initial distribution to 5-10 seeders, prior to going public, would solve that problem.

BTW, I'm still seeding both approximately 16 hours a day, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Spoiler :

Agreed, one of the faster torrent download speeds Ive ever seen, some real quality ppl here at Civfanatics & particular RoM creators, testers & fans....

I have it seeding when ever my machine is on, took me <5 minutes for lite

Torrents = Win.

Just next time, for the release, Zap needs to turn on super-seeding. It's just 1 check box on Utorrent...

Torrents = Win.

Just next time, for the release, Zap needs to turn on super-seeding. It's just 1 check box on Utorrent...

or send a copy to you first so we have 2 seeders

Torrents = Win.

I'll spend next time bit more time than 10minutes to figure out how to make torrents... thanks for the tip! ;)

Torrents for Rise of Mankind 2.8Mega and Mega Civ Pack 1.7 for RoM 2.8 uploaded (in RoM2.8Mega_torrents.zip). Check the first post of this thread for new torrents.

Rise of Mankind 2.8Mega (935MB) has the Mega Civ Pack 1.7 preinstalled. If you have already Rise of Mankind 2.8Full version, you can get the Mega Civ Pack 1.7 (536MB).

Downloaded and started MegaCivs torrent.
Nothing is happening.
All it is saying is:
Seeds:1(1) Peers:0(2)

Downloaded and started MegaCivs torrent.
Nothing is happening.
All it is saying is:
Seeds:1(1) Peers:0(2)
Well, since there is only 1 seed at the moment, it won't show any better info yet. ;) uTorrent here says it'll take about 10hours to get Mega civ pack 1.7 seeded and 20hours for RoM2.8Mega.

UPDATE:

It seemed that it needed more peers to kickstart it.
Now I'm downloading at 20kB/s on average.
Thanks!

As a side note: RoM 2.8 with mega civ pack takes about 2.3GB of hard disk space so this modpack is getting really huge.

Not compared to new games these days. I think Crysis takes up 15gb on my HDD.

However, it does suck to download. Thank the lord for compression.

Not compared to new games these days. I think Crysis takes up 15gb on my HDD.

However, it does suck to download. Thank the lord for compression.
True.. I think Dragon Age is 25gigs so games are getting larger and larger... but for one man's project RoM is huge. I think there's some 20 000 files in total in megapack in unpacked form (most files inside fpks).

for one man's project RoM is huge

I think this is by far the largest 1 man mod ever created. There are a lot of big mods, like FFH2, but Kael had a bunch of people helping him. (Not to diminish FFH2, Kael did a fantastic job making that.)

Oh, if you are downloading Mega Pack 1.7 for RoM 2.8, after installing it remember to run the WoC_installer.jar file from Modules directory so that the modular civs/leaders audio gets added to the main mod files (otherwise you run into problems).

True.. I think Dragon Age is 25gigs so games are getting larger and larger... but for one man's project RoM is huge. I think there's some 20 000 files in total in megapack in unpacked form (most files inside fpks).

I believe a flight simulator titled X Plane installed with entire world scenery goes over 90 GB!

Top Bottom