CIV Gold!

They are Tamil, and the Tamil usually don't like seeing themselves lumped so easily as India... It's a complex situation, of course. I get the feeling that people think of India as a single cohesive entity like China, but it's really not. Even with Empires than spanned the entire subcontinent, such as the Magahda or Mughal Empires, much of the various states and "civilizations" within India still liked to see themselves as separate, such as the ones in Bengal (like the Pala Empire) and the Tamil ones in southern India (like the Cholas, and Pandyas). Unlike in China, where there was always a desire to "reunite" after the fall of a dynasty, this was more or less inexistent in India.

So... whatever.

no kidding I heard it alot too. i think its on the fence whether its offensive or not.

Depends on where you are.
In some places it's come to just mean ******.

When trying to set up a custom game, only the civs native to the disk version are available to choose from. If I continue through the setup then I receive the following XML error:

Tag: LEADER_ITZCOATL in info class was incorrect

Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml

The leader name changes to a new one each time I press the OK button. This repeats about 25 times. Also, in the "current xml file" name shouldn't the slash be going the other way? Is this the source of the error?

I tried reinstalling the mod twice and I have tried installing the Diplomacy Fix posted at the end of this thread.

I am not sure what/where the error is and do not know XML. How do I fix this error? What am I looking for in the code? I am attaching a rar file with the XML in it.

Attachments

• CIV4DiplomacyInfos.rar
    8.4 KB · Views: 233
Any info on the update?

Wyz hasn't been up since the 1st of April.
But before that he already updated some of the older LHs, and I'm sure he intends to continue when RL enables this for him...

Hey all. Yes, sorry.

Foundation repairs to the house finished - all 115K worth! Just started a new role in my real life project work. It's great - enjoy it much more than the last. But it's a tonne of work.

Have no forgotten - will continue to plug away. If anyone wants to help with the art replacement, PM me and I can go through it + give them SVN repository access.

Cheers,

I downloaded the 3.0 version for warlords (no BtS yet :( ) and it's quite nice, thanks!

There's a few bugs (no news there since it is a few versions back) but only one I hope I can resolve. I have noticed that my creative leaders do not have fast building libraries now. Is this something that the mod changed somehow? If so, is there some way I can get into the proper files and fix it to warlords version of the trait? Is the 3.0 version the latest Warlords compatible one?

Any info, links to applicable threads/posts (sorry no time to read all 60+ pages here) would be quite appreciated.

Great mod, even the early versions.

I downloaded the latest CIV Gold, but when i try to load mod in game, CIV Gold does not appear? why is this?

I downloaded the latest CIV Gold, but when i try to load mod in game, CIV Gold does not appear? why is this?

Make sure its in the right folder. if you also have to original Civ4 then you might have 2 different paths to BtS, one in the original Civ folder area and one in your programs folder.

mines here:C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\CIV Gold

i would recommend if you have this, that you install it here.;)

Make sure its in the right folder. if you also have to original Civ4 then you might have 2 different paths to BtS, one in the original Civ folder area and one in your programs folder.

mines here:C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\CIV Gold

i would recommend if you have this, that you install it here.;)

I have it exactly in that folder, but nothing seems to appear still.

I'm having trouble getting this to work. I've downloaded version 5.0 and installed it. When I load the mod everything loads up I have a new backround that says CIV Gold version 5.0 or something like that. However when I go to select my Civilization all I have is the Vanilla ones. Did I miss soomething that I'm supposed to change to get them to work? I'm also running it from BtS if it matters.

Check the dcirectory you installed it. It should go Mods/CivGOLD*/Assets. A common mistake is to make it Mods/CivGOLD/CivGOLD/assets.

*or something to that effect.

yep it went to Mods/CivGOLD/Assets.

EDIT: I figured it out. I didn't have the 3.19 update.

Top Bottom