recommend a Kung Fu movie.

Shekwan

Kim Chi Quaffing Celt
Well? What have you got?

All suggestions are welcome. Please elaborate on your choices to provoke discussion.

Enter the Dragon is good, and Police Story is excellent Jackie Chan movie.

Kung Fu Hustle, by "natural-born Kung Fu genius" Stephen Chow. Funny, zany, smart. Leung Siu-Lung was brought out of retirement to play in this flick.

A question for the panel: Anybody remember a Hong Kong thug in the earlier movies that went by the stage name "Ugly Wu"?

The only one I've really seen is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (not sure if it counts), but that was awesome

:D

I was actually inspired to make this thread while watching Legend of the Drunken Master.

I've seen Kung Pow and Kung Fu Hustle so I reckon I'll check out Enter the Dragon and Police Story.

Fearless. It's pretty new and updated for more modern sensibilities, only slightly cheesy, even trying to break a few stereotypes (if a little forced sometimes), and it's got good fight scenes (which are pretty violent too).

Yeah its quite good. Kinda like a rich man's Bloodsport.

Oh yeah, that reminds me of possibly the best Kung Fu movie of recent times: Warrior King

I'm not sure if its called Warrior King everywhere but its about Tony Jaa killing Australians for robbing his elephant. Awesomeness.

Fearless. It's pretty new and updated for more modern sensibilities, only slightly cheesy, even trying to break a few stereotypes (if a little forced sometimes), and it's got good fight scenes (which are pretty violent too).

Are we talking about the Fearless with the horrible plane crash scenes?

Top Bottom