Game Tracking Thread

If no team needs the 40 hours for a given turn then the game will move faster. I don't really see the problem. The full 40 hours (or near) will only be spent on the occasions where some team really needs to use them.

Which means that all turns will take (almost) 40 hours, since it's fairly easy not to press enter to end the turn (if polls are still running in your own subforum)...

Which means that all turns will take (almost) 40 hours, since it's fairly easy not to press enter to end the turn (if polls are still running in your own subforum)...
As you said yourself, how many polls can you run each turn? Why not wait and see if it becomes a problem? If it ain't broken, etc... :)

As you said yourself, how many polls can you run each turn? Why not wait and see if it becomes a problem? If it ain't broken, etc... :)

CDZ's not running any polls outside of game settings issues, so I wouldn't know...
But you may want to ask team Amazon as they want to increase the timer to 72 hours according to Sommerswerd...

Maybe some like to run polls on every single issue in the game? Like polls on whether or not to press enter to end the turn? ;)

CDZ's not running any polls outside of game settings issues, so I wouldn't know...
But you may want to ask team Amazon as they want to increase the timer to 72 hours according to Sommerswerd...

Maybe some like to run polls on every single issue in the game? Like polls on whether or not to press enter to end the turn? ;)

We ran polls? i thought we just talked at each other for a bit before I chose the option I liked best :mischief:

We ran polls?

That had me puzzled too, The only polls allowed in Team CDZ are the ones with exotic dancers hanging off them;)

Although for team who like running polls why don't they make the polls open for a shorter period of time?

ATM we don't have any polls, but we were going to have one on TGL, but not anymore :mischief: No we are just deciding on scout moves right now.

That had me puzzled too, The only polls allowed in Team CDZ are the ones with exotic dancers hanging off them;)

Although for team who like running polls why don't they make the polls open for a shorter period of time?

radioactive monkeys I thought, not exotic dancers... ;)

Discussion or poll, it's basically the same result. You get to give an opinion, but at least in a discussion there's more options than just a multiple choice option that I will guess on anyway... :)

This turn we took 6 hours to play, last turn we took 20 hours to play. And when I ended the turn last turn, there were still 3 teams left that had not Ended the turn IIRC... the point is that sometimes the turns take longer, sometimes less... But the AMAZONs, even with all our polling and debating, have certainly not contributed to turns taking any longer.

I still like the security of longer timers though...

I see lots of good and valid points about the timer on both sides. All of the conversation seems meaningless though because it doesn't seem that anyone has stepped forward to formalize the way we can change it (or keep it the same).

I don't understand why we don't vote on it and be done with it? It seems like everything else was voted on - it's particularly odd that this fundamental question wasn't. Should this have been handled like any other game setting where each team gets a vote?

If we don't get to vote on this - maybe just telling everyone why this particular setting (unlike the every other one) was not subject to the same democratic process as the rest of the game?

Do we need to vote on whether we vote on it? :lol:

Cheers.

I vote not to vote on it. ;)

Seriously, 40 hours seems fine to me, turns will end early when they end early, otherwise it'll be a 2-day turnaround. I don't see what the issue is... even if the timer stretches to the full 2 days, it's still a vast improvement over the last game. :)

I vote not to vote on it. ;)

It took 3000 post but i finally agree with LP on something:p

But seriously, we voted on simultaneous turns, we had a discussion and settled on a 2-day timer and we know turns can end sooner, so if you what to voice an opinion on turn to turn issues in your team you know you have to check in once a day to do so

Congrats on 3000 posts Robi D :clap:

I also vote not to vote on it, but as an AMAZON I am always happy to have a poll on any subject... including a poll on whether or not to have a poll on whether to vote on it or not.:crazyeye:

I would also like to have a poll on whether Robi D and Lord Parkin agree on whether Robi D actually has 3000 posts as well... but that's just me.:p

@Robi: Congrats

@Sommer:
Your last two posts have been weird, no offense, but are you drunk or something.

@Voting
It's fine with me as it is, but maybe not if everyone is taking the 40 hours to play it.

I think it should be voted on out of principle. A vote ends debate with a definative conclusion that the majority can be happy with, why would anyone not be in favor of that? If your idea about how long a turn should be is the best it will win, right? I'd vote for a 40 hour timer, and would be disapointed if the vote went another way, but I don't want to see someone raise an issue, just to be swept under the rug, I strongly believe it's important to close debates on core gameplay issues like this with a poll.

I said this in another thread, but I'll say it again so you guys stop spamming.

ANY TEAM CAPTAIN can start a thread with a proposed rule change to vote on.

If the game goes down that's my fault :(. I hit exit to MM, but I went straight and closed the window and it appeared if it hadn't exited yet, so if it goes down that's my fault.

Okay, whew.

Top Bottom