8.2x Bugs Thread

You can set USE_NEW_AI_FOUNDVALUE_FUNCTION to 1 at the end of GlobaldefinesAlt. Should prevent the AI from doing these kind of things of fantasy mapscripts.

great I'll try that, what does it do exactly? sounds like some kind of experimental stuff.

Playing as the Clan, I notice captured workers cannot build roads, but slaves can.

Attachments

• Ji AD-0127.CivBeyondSwordSave
    355.8 KB · Views: 102
The Victory Conditions screen doesn't show how close the computer players are to winning.

Edit: This one is really obscure. If a city culture flips while a grigori cast Found Adventure Guild, the unit gets teleported, but remains locked for the remainder of the spell (206 save).

Attachments

• Till AD-0406.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 88
  • Till AD-0206.CivBeyondSwordSave
    486 KB · Views: 90

I did not try this out, might be a pedia bug, the same goes for the flesh studio.

the last time i build the mausoleum it worked fine. the bug happens because the mausoleum needs:
<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_PALACE</BuildingClassType>
and the default building of BUILDINGCLASS_PALACE
is
<DefaultBuilding>BUILDING_PALACE_BANNOR</DefaultBuilding>

edit: too slow :(

the last time i build the mausoleum it worked fine. the bug happens because the mausoleum needs:
<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_PALACE</BuildingClassType>
and the default building of BUILDINGCLASS_PALACE
is
<DefaultBuilding>BUILDING_PALACE_BANNOR</DefaultBuilding>

edit: too slow :(

did a search for masoleum, and the results gave me all the files for the Vacant Masoleum, it appeared they were all in place. is this a different building then what you are referring to?

After any Civ become your vassal the Pirates declare war on you... ( and im playing as the Lanun, of course!) and i dont think this is intended...This also happens when i accepted and let minister koun led one of my cities. Please fix this Sephi, Its nothing fun to fight all the pirates off the world, and it gets worse! They spawn in your beloved pirate fortress and start the rampage against their own people!. This happened to me twice, and so i dont think its a rare bug, again, please solve this.

thanks anyway

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 146
did a search for masoleum, and the results gave me all the files for the Vacant Masoleum, it appeared they were all in place. is this a different building then what you are referring to?

No, i just described what valk already said:
the mausoleum needs buildingclass palace and the default building of this buildingclass is the bannor palace, so whenever a buildings needs buildingclass palace it will refer to the bannor palace in the pedia, even though you play an other civilization.

it is a mere display bug.

After any Civ become your vassal the Pirates declare war on you... ( and im playing as the Lanun, of course!) and i dont think this is intended...This also happens when i accepted and let minister koun led one of my cities. Please fix this Sephi, Its nothing fun to fight all the pirates off the world, and it gets worse! They spawn in your beloved pirate fortress and start the rampage against their own people!. This happened to me twice, and so i dont think its a rare bug, again, please solve this.

thanks anyway

that's because your score goes up, and once it reaches 1.5x of the 2nd civ, barbs DoW. it's a mechanic that's been in FFH for a long time. and it has sucked hairy monkey balls ever since. even worse for the Lanun since they will then spawn their own enemies. god how I hate that. raising the ceiling to 2x like in FF should improve this, but I'd rather have it removed entirely or changed so that it's not about score ( could be about alignment, or culture, or whatever )

i have just installed wild mana for the first time after playing a game of ffh2. i really liked it so i thought of giving wild mana a try. i can't see the main menu buttons :( there is just a wallpaper of master of magic after the loading screen. no 'play now' or 'game options' even worse i can't quit with the usual f4.

Does anyone know of any major incompatibilities between Windows 7 and Civ IV? I can play the game, but clicking on the various tabs (civics, victory conditions, etc) or diplomacy is crashing the game. Sometimes I can get into these if the game is freshly loaded.

My graphics drivers are up to date (NVIDEA Geforce 7900 GS).
I've got the latest patches.
Game and all accoutrements are freshly installed.
Game worked fine on my system before the flattening and upgrading to Windows 7.

@Fafnir i have win7 64 professional and a geforce 7900gtx, so I have a similar system and no problems.
some points:
1)
do you run the game as the administrator? (i.e. right click on the short cut --> run as admin)
2)
did you try compatibility mode winxp
3)
with some win7 version (i don't know which one your have) you can actually run winxp.
4)
with patches you mean the latest beyond the sword patches?

Not sure it is a still a bug or not.

I'm playing with 7.31 or former version (I don't have a lot of time playing and if I started a new game every time there is an update, I wouldn't ever have both champs and mages !!)

I encountered a bug, and I don't know if it was adressed in the susequent patches.

Some of my units gained wild valor or inspiration, being close to a wild spirit mana node (respectively +1 and +2xp on combat). No issue there. As I use those precious "xp famers" cautiously, I never noticed an issue. But then I had 2 issues :
- a horseman, with 4:strength: tactics 2 (60%escape) and inspiration, attacked a pirate boarding crew (6:strength:). as you can imagine, he had 12% chances of winning. I attacked, counting on him escaping while softening a bit the unit. And lo !! He killed the boarding crew !!!
and... went from 5xp to 7xp...
as much as the inspiration promotion would give, and nothing for the huge victory that was killing a unit with 12%chance !!

I thought it was a fluke.

Then, later, I attacked a mana node minion with a hero axeman (I'm grigori), 5:strength: +combat2 + enchanted blade + wild valor against the minion : 5:strength: on hill : 68%chance victory ... As I really wanted to clear this node before the lanun do it I attacked.
My unit went from 15xp to 16xp : +1 !! it seems that once again, only the free xp from the wild valor promotion was counted, and I gaind no xp from the combat in itself.

So, did anybody experienced this ?
Was it adressed by the WM team since 7.2-7.3 ?

if not, I hope my tale will be enough for finding the error.

@Calavente
Any chance that those "xp farmed" units had already gained over 100 xps (or was it 50? 25? sorry, cannot remember the precise limit) at the times of those battles?
As I recall, units with more than certain xps cannot gain any xps from battles against barbarians, including pirates and wild guardians, so it might be caused by such endorsed limits of xp gaining.

renardargent :
I quickly dismissed this as the horsman had only 5xp and the hero axeman 15xp...way smaller than the 100xp limit.

@Sephi :
is there somewhere in the forum a description of the passive effects of the wilds mana nodes?
(what does the shadow mana do?)
and is there a description on how it works ?
does it still works after being in a cultural area ? does it still work after the guardian is killed. does it still work if there is a "constructed node" on top of it ? would building a node on a raw mana then razing the node to have an uncapped- node be considered as having a wild node?....

I had the horsman unit gain the inspired promotion at "birth", 6 tiles aways from the wild node while some other units, got both inspired and wild valor the first time they approached the node but only after approaching 1-2 tiles from the node. and many units staying 20-turns on the next tile not getting any promotion....

In case it isn't clear, the upshot of the palace requirement on the Vacant Mausoleum is that you can only build it in your capital.

Capturing the Bannor capital before building the VM is strictly optional. But it is recommended.

Heaven does a thousand things for man.
But what has man ever done for heaven?
Kill kill kill kill kill!

New Business:

I've come around to thinking the ability of non-Agnostic Scion leaders to build the "Temple of the Gift" is a bug. They have religions to adopt and shouldn't be allowed to "double dip." The Temple gives access to not only itself, but some "religious" units.
And maybe not Ophelia, too? I don't think it fits her Lore, and she's got her own mojo going.

"PrereqTrait" Agnostic would work to limit the Temple to just the R.E. and Ophelia.
If just the R.Emp, some python in CvGameUtils.py "cannotConstruct"?

Code:
		if eBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_TEMPLE_OF_THE_GIFT'):
			if pPlayer.getLeaderType() != gc.getInfoTypeForString('LEADER_RISEN_EMPEROR'):
				return True

And as long as you're mucking around in "cannotConstruct", this could go there, too:

Code:
		if eBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_IMPERIAL_CENOTAPH'):
			if pPlayer.getLeaderType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('LEADER_RISEN_EMPEROR'):
				return True

Top Bottom