RifE Blogpost: City Actions and the Sidar Revamp

We're progressing, I'm just devoting the majority of my time to coding, and didn't want to devote several hours to another blogpost. Unfortunately, most of the material in 1.3 is from myself (the others have been working on material and plans for later versions), so I'm pretty much the only one who can write them atm. :lol:

Excuse me, but more than a week has passed and I don't see any updates in the blog, it is normal?, are your team progressing?. Thank you

i dare to say, that blogs, twitters, etc connected with regulars of #erebus are often going to be inactive / little active after initial excitement ... :D

edit: often != always ... :D

Hey! My twitter and blog are active! :p
Twitter maybe overly so...

I fully support Valkrionn's decision to use his time coding rather than blogging. As hungry as we are for information (and as much fun as he has dribbling it out) I'd rather have 1.3 sooner. The blog posts can always be done in response to the inevitable "OMG, what did you do to [insert civ here] and what am I supposed to do with them?" cries.

At least unless y'all have documented every little thing in the civilopedia without fail.

I like it the way it is now, it's supposed to be dense fog and dense fog is dark (like thundery clouds).

Edit: Plus it's Sidar fog and the Sidar are generally associated with Arawn, the Grey One, so grey fits them quite nicely.

@valk
you could try out my fog (just replace the textures) and see how it is looking. (mine is more grey and lighter.

I just realized something interesting: The mountain to the east doesn't appear to be covered by the fog. Does this mean it will be possible to sneak up on hidden Sidar cities using units who can climb mountains or is it just a graphical issue?

Yes mountains would be a way to sneak through the mist currently, unless we decide to change that (It's just how I implemented it currently, might change if Valkrionn decides so).

Yes mountains would be a way to sneak through the mist currently, unless we decide to change that (It's just how I implemented it currently, might change if Valkrionn decides so).

well ... mist usually is below the mountain tip, so realisticwise it would be fitting - but not sure whether magic mist would behave same as RL mist

I was thinking about unnaturally dense fog, dense enough to make an army loose it's way. (In open terrain or even on roads, not only in forests.) You might be right that it still wouldn't get *that* dark though.

@Grey Fox: When you're considering it, just remember that there are 3 civs that can climb mountains thanks to they're racial promotions (Dwarves and Jotnar).
I'll be fine with it either way.

But, there also needs to be a line of mountains right up to the city if that's going to have any effect at all :p

Which is exactly why I said that I would be fine with whatever the team decides.

Back
Top Bottom