How to make CIV5 better (players letters to Fyraxis)

nera

Chieftain
Hi everybody,

I hope that game developers are reading posts in fanatics center, so i decided to create a thread where everybody can post their suggestions and opinions about what to change in Civ5 and why do you think that change would make a game better. And hopefully it will be realised in add-on one day. ;)
Problem - solution.

Field/sea combat in SP mode.
Combat system in CIV5 was criticized (good for multiplayer, but bad in single player mode because world conquest is posible with 3-6 units due to poor AI)
Combat system in CIV4 was not perfect eather ( million warriors are ramming my lonely modern armor. Warriors are winning ).
Compromise. Why do not make stacks but with limited number of units for SP mode? And let AI to have those numbers higher on higher difficulties or lower in lower difficulties.
Lets say you can stack Max 4 units in a stack On chieftain level - AI can stack only 2 units VS your 4. Prince- 4 VS 4. Deity 8-12 VS 4. Its just an example, numbers can be different.
To make it even more compromising, developers can leave an option in settings where you can choose max 1 unit for both parties - as it is now.

City defence in SP mode.

Its a bit frustrating, that unit within the city can't take part in defence, when city is finally attacked after defences are down.
Solution - when the cities defences reaches 0 after bombardment and is attacked by lets say, infantry, then unit in the city steps in as the last hope.
For that reason number of units,which is allowed to be stationed in the cities can be 2-3 times bigger than units which are allowed to be in the stacks in a field/sea.
Lets say, your stacks with 4 units in each encircled the city where maximum can be 8-12 units in prince or 16-24 units in deity level.

Again, an option in settings should let keep things as they are now if somebody wants like that.
This would help AI to fight against human brains in single player mode :)

A letter is rather pointless. I'm sure Firaxis is well aware of bugs that exist, as well as what we all want. It's been posted many times over not only on this message board, but theirs and all over the internet. We need to rage less and let the devs to their tuning.

... Oops i posted it in wrong section. Should be in ideas and suggestions section. My apologies, i will be more accurate next time.

Those problems aren't problems.
What do you want Firaxis to say?
"Oh sorry you don't like those... We will get on those solutions right away, sir!"

There is no point to limited stacks as all the different systems eventually become 1 unit per tile anyway. In Civ4 this unit was The Stack and it was your sole unit. In Civ5 its whatever. In your proposed system, the units would be The Biggest Stacks Possible. At least you'd have more of them than in Civ4.

Those problems aren't problems.
What do you want Firaxis to say?
"Oh sorry you don't like those... We will get on those solutions right away, sir!"

I want them to say "Aye aye captain!"

Of course, what i wrote basicly is pointless, but there still is a chance that some guy from Firaxis is reading this site once per year, and accidently will see all the suggestions and ideas we,players, are writing here. If 1 from 1000 will be realised, that writing will make sense. Otherwise its a flying over cookoo's nest.

There is no point to limited stacks as all the different systems eventually become 1 unit per tile anyway. In Civ4 this unit was The Stack and it was your sole unit. In Civ5 its whatever. In your proposed system, the units would be The Biggest Stacks Possible. At least you'd have more of them than in Civ4.

I have nothing against the battle system as it is now. I like it more then civ4 system. In MP for sure. In SP is a bit different story, because human race still didnt invent AI which can make the rise of the machines and the judgement day yet, so at the moment in Civ5 SP poor AI's life is much harder now, than it was in Civ4 because it cant use large number advantage so good anymore, good tactician will beat AI much easier than, for example, in Civ4.
So solution is to invent Skynet AI and to patch it as quick as possible, or to do some compromises which will make AI's life a bit easier and our SP campaign a bit harder.

Top Bottom