Stellaris

i don't have any particular ideas, i just find generic buffs a bit boring.
on the contrary the awakened empires are really great because they shake up the end midgame a lot (much more so than the end game crisis)

i am currently in my second game of 1.3 and stellaris lacks a lot of replayability because it lacks exclusive choices and playstyles, e.g. in my first game i went with fanatic spritualists and in my second game with fanatic materialists, yet i always end up with the same ship designs and techs. in my current game i purged all my original pops and all alien pops and play an all synthetic empire, yet it does not really impact the overall gameplay that much. i would really like to see vastly different gameplay in stellaris future. to some extend this is already the case, e.g. i would love to play as a race that would play (or evolve during gameplay to play) like the scurge or unbidden. maybe a spaceborne race that does not colonize at all and houses it's population in vast ships. also internal politics could be much deeper.

i forgot, you can also get techs from the curators that are rare (purple) science ship labs (faster survey speed, less chance to fail anomalies etc.) i don't know what triggers them though, they just showed up on my research once i made a couple of deals with the curators.

:(

I have been building ships for a long time, but very often I was low on minerals, and they kept being destroyed in the wars I was in

I don't know if I have a save file from before then, but I'm very unmotivated to even bother

what a pain

Isn't it good if you can lose? Would you rather play a game that you can't lose even the first time you play? You must have learned something, now try again and do better.

Would you rather play a game that you can't lose even the first time you play?
yea probably

I never learn anything, I can't really see through things and apply them skillfully, don't have the resolve to bother

but that being said when the difficulty curve looks like this there is a problem with the game
Spoiler :

i think that is only true if you are unlucky. the biggest problem with the end game crises are the random nature of the location they show up and in certain instances the very sudden appearance. if the unbidden spawn inside/next to your empire then you are done, especially when you are in a war or rebuilding from a war. however the endgame can become easier if the crisis happen to other empires. also some crises are much easier than other, e.g. unbidden are much harder to beat than the scourge.

imho the war in heaven (although it needs some polish) is a much better late game shake-up than the so called end game crises.

Starting a new game as plant people.

Spoiler plant people :

Got some nice fellow xenophiles as neighbours, with the larger being fanatic xenophiles (that I made for a previous game) and henceforth going to be not aggressive to us.

Spoiler nice folk :

The Edra (AKA the space hydras from one of my previous runs) of the spiritually xenophile Μονοπάτι are also my neighbours.

Current progression;

Spoiler current map :

Why do you have a species with a name in Greek characters? Presumably you play the rest of the game in the Roman alphabet.

I just found some weird crystal thing.

Spoiler crystal :

I will have to see to it once I have developed my military.

Why do you have a species with a name in Greek characters? Presumably you play the rest of the game in the Roman alphabet.

In game they are not named in Greek characters; I was just copying and pasting from the English-Greek translator very quickly.

BTW: current status of my time as plants.

Spoiler map :

I am having the joys, especilly with the new cute species to come across. :3

That newt is female and both my new Paradox avatar and my next empire: a pacifist, fanatic xenophile, peaceful bureaucracy (roll on 10 core systems!). :)

That's a great comic. :)

Bet you can save a ton of money by switching to the Geico Imperium.

We found the haven of science curators... and the former home of said curators.

Spoiler ruins of ring world :

It was not just the past that intrigued us but a most fearsome present.

Spoiler space dragon :

Thank goodness we have come across the curators to tell us of the tale of this deadly and awesome beast.

Spoiler science explains space dragons :

The universe is not just ruined homes and space dragons though; its also about new citizens coming to a world near you. :3

Spoiler citizen cute :

Anyhow we have explored the stars (including both the imperialist slavers of the Muta and the fellow SCIECNCE obsessed Ushag) to bring you this latest map.

Spoiler latest map :

Okay. I still don't see what's funny.

It's suggesting that those who claim to be pacifist and generous are just as selfish and manipulative and violent as anyone else.

Whether you think that's funny probably depends on whether you agree with it.

Nah, I can get the joke for things I totally disagree with.
It just doesn't have any punch or wit about it.
So it's not really that I didn't get the joke after all, it's just that the joke is totally flat.

To be fair they do need to add some non-war/domination focused victory conditions.

Anyhow a status report:

Spoiler President Space Parrot :

We of the Communes continue to ensure the chains are broken, as we sweep to liberate worlds from tyranny.

Spoiler hive :

When the Tenecca System erupted with strange hive asteroids our brave fleets placed them into sleep once more, leading to a interesting insight.

Spoiler expansion of border and mind :

We expand not just in border but in mind as our scientists lead to development of sentient artificial intelligence.

Spoiler ancient request :

Such is the will of our science that the Sidimatus Archivists have cometh from their ring-worlds to request the services of one Kul-Sarw for the wisdom he hold; we agreed for good relations between ourselves and the keepers of knowledge.

Spoiler so far :

We bloom across the stars, our garden ever growing. From the Kuda founders to the uplifting cockroaches from the tomb world of Earth to the Ushag migrants and beyond our peoples bath in the songs of our Subconscious Consensus.

Forgive me for the double post but the garden continues to grow.

Spoiler current map :

However things will soon be in the most interesting of times...

Spoiler the sleeper has awakened :

Top Bottom