Stellaris

I suspect it's sorely needed. I noticed that after the brief post-release hype, there hadn't been any discussion about the game for months.

Maybe not here, but they haven't stopped discussing it at Paradox or probably at the other usual suspects too.

Basically, the consensus is that Stellaris has incredible potential, but is falling very short from them until it can get quite a bit of meat on its bone.
So many people are simply waiting for the patches to give it some depth. Heinlein (the patch in development) might be the first real step toward it (not yet enough, but a decent start), so I guess more activity might come around after it's released.

There's hardly any discussion of almost all non-Civ games here.

This thread set off with over 5 pages of posts in a 2-months period and then practically nothing for several months. I think the drop-off in activity was noticeable.

This thread set off with over 5 pages of posts in a 2-months period and then practically nothing for several months. I think the drop-off in activity was noticeable.

Just like lots of other non-Civ games on CFC. People may speculate about upcoming games, but when the game comes out they either get involved in playing them (and discuss them in their own forums) or they lose interest.

Not the case with some games and when you think of the why maybe you'll come to the point I'm making.

(sheesh we really are arguing about this)

In other news, Heinlein looks like it will be amazing. We will finally be able to move our capitals, it seems.

I for one haven't been playing as the stellaris has been a disappointment on release for me. I will probably see how Heinlein changes things but for me I think that there needs to be a proper trade system and a deepening of the POP system (internal poltics, basic needs and desires driving better factions). I think it will be good but it's the when....

An odd thing about Stellaris is its relative superiority to other Space 4Xs, and many non-space 4Xs, is that Stellaris is significantly better than many others in the same genre, but that you can see the bare hooks where additional material is planned and will be added later gives the impression of a sparse game. It is likely to remain a favorite of mine at least until Endless Space 2 arrives.

I like how Stellaris keeps you motivated once you got an empire stronger than your (direct) neighbors. In many 4X Games once you reach a certain size winning is just a matter of grinding - Of course this is to a certain point also true for Stellaris but it keeps pushing this point further and further the more you progress.
Endless Space 2 has a lot of potential for more complexity than it's predecessor but we will have to see if the implementation of the features will work the way intendet

A recent video go through of the story expansion by game director Martin Anward.

The Plantoids DLC and soundtrack are now reduced on Steam (and Plantoids at Paradox too),

Currently enjoying Leviathans, the new expansion for Stellaris. I am playing as the Cinn.

I met my first conclave species who are Curators.

However I also came across a system with a odd collection of high mineral asteroids; naturally I took the desire to claim these minerals, so I placed my flag as a frontier outpost and got mining.

Who know those crystal asteroids were actually a collection of hives of very aggressive beings that I currently lack the fleet power to counter?

Anyhow the Curators know these creatures and give us a detail of them; sadly I lack the 5000 energy to ask about their weak spot.

Anyhow: space is fun! :D

I'm trying to finish my EU4 game so I can claim that the Stellaris one is a direct continuation of it, when the Roman Empire finally conquered the whole world and is starting space conquest ^^

You don't want to import it into V2 and HoI4 first? :p

Haven't followed the thread
bought the game on friday, no expansions

now:
Spoiler :

Can I even beat the scourge at this point?
The queen event thing went to another guy, the red one up north I believe (most of what the scourge took used to be theirs btw)

Provided that your tech is sufficient, you should be able to. Get your tachyon lances, only engage fleets smaller than yours (doomstack when necessary) and wipe out their starbases and constructor ships (because they spawn more stuff). Build a tonne of ships to act as replacements as well.

In other news, this chap is going to be the face of my Pacifist/Xenophile run:

Top Bottom