Tweak Mod for Xtended + Master of Mana Updates

One question... Does anyone know why Octopus Overlords is the only religion without a civic?
I am reviewing a little bit more AI civic selection and I cannot explain to myself the reason why... Cannot even find anything in the forum related to that...
Maybe its about lore...

Demonic Aura, from the Chaos node, is buggued. It makes that your own units are afraid to attack.

Sorry, I mean the Chaos mana not the chaos node. The game happens 100 % of time.
No sorry I don't have anymore savegame. But if you just plant an adept and gave yourself the demonic aura tech and chaos access, it should works.
It's like if all your ennemis had a Fear Aura.

I cannot find any 'demonic aura tech' but I can see 2 Demonic Aura in Civilopedia Index.
The first its an Ashen Veil combat aura (not related to Chaos Mana) which does not seems related to any Fear effect (not mentioned).
The second is an effect but I am not able to understand what spell/tech grants it and again seems not related to any Fear effect.
In the spell research tree for Chaos Mana I can see that 'Summon Bit beast' has 'Demonic Reflex' which grants Fear Combat Aura.

Can you please reproduce the issue (maybe using worldbuilder) and thus provide a savegame?
Thanks!

Hello. It's Demonic Reflexes. Here is a save.

Attachments

• joffr AD-0060 Bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    139.3 KB · Views: 4
Hi Jojo_Fr
Thanks! I can see it now. Fear effects for Combat aura (currently present for Demonic Reflexes, Glyph of Power and Ward of Terror) are using Combat Aura Fear effect.
I will look into that as I can assume it may be buggy, while Fear effect itself its ok (for example, for Fire Drake its working as expected).

Hi Jojo_Fr, yes CombatAura is different code from Fear for example of Dragon.
And its errouneously applyied to your units (as its considered a positive Aura as it brings also immunity to Fear). I have fixed it, but I am also considering to change the XML values, as the possibility to have the fear effect is very poor...
Calculation is (base_strength + 10 - enemy_strength) * xml/100 (roll is then 1-20).
For fire dragon (xml is 100) it means that fear is automatic if enemy has less then 10 strength.
For Auras (please note values are scaled based on caster channeling level):
Demonic Reflexes is 5
Glyph of Power is 10
Ward of Terror is 30

I will increase Demonic Reflexes to 100 (as Fire Drake as it is a late Chaos research) Glyph of Power 30 (as the one of the Wraith) while Ward of Terror 50 (as Draconic Disciple as this require level 6)

when i start the game there are no natural wonders like dragon bones,Yggdrasill on the map, only Remnants off Patria, what is the problem?

also how can you change the initial traits of leaders? there is no description of leader traits in the CIV4LeaderHeadInfos file

when i start the game there are no natural wonders like dragon bones,Yggdrasill on the map, only Remnants off Patria, what is the problem?
maybe some mapscripts do not generate them? Try erebuscontinents, it's pretty good.

The leader definitions are unfortunetly all over the place. Many of the them you find in the modules folder rather than the xml folder.

maybe some mapscripts do not generate them? Try erebuscontinents, it's pretty good.

The leader definitions are unfortunetly all over the place. Many of the them you find in the modules folder rather than the xml folder.
I use the map erebuscontinents, other types of maps do not load at all

I use the map erebuscontinents, other types of maps do not load at all
That doesn't sound right. Do you have any public maps installed? Maybe they can break the map creation.

You can also try to enable python errors in the civilizationIV settings file in documents/my games/beyond the sword. Maybe there is an error with a particular file
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0;

That doesn't sound right. Do you have any public maps installed? Maybe they can break the map creation.

You can also try to enable python errors in the civilizationIV settings file in documents/my games/beyond the sword. Maybe there is an error with a particular file
I removed all public mapc, line change HidePythonExceptions = 0; also didn't do anything
if you run the continents map, these natural wonders will be there, the erebus map and maps with the MOM prefix do not start
in the Ashes of Erebus mod, for example, all miracles are also generated

I removed all public mapc, line change HidePythonExceptions = 0; also didn't do anything
if you run the continents map, these natural wonders will be there, the erebus map and maps with the MOM prefix do not start
in the Ashes of Erebus mod, for example, all miracles are also generated
I tried a lot of mapscripts now with 0.4 version.
Erebus and Erebuscontinents do not generate the unique features.
The MoM mapscripts as well as the mapscripts from BTS (continents, pangea, donut, etc.) all generate the unique features.
I think Erebus and Erebuscontinents have some code that overwrites the unique featuers by accident. Some weird interaction with some feature from MoM. But they are large scripts, I couldn't spot the error at a glance.

1712941544579.png

Aristarkh are buggued. They have those white icons as you can see. And they can't build a pasture on infernal horses, a thing they were able to do before.

Testing with version 0.2... Pasture cannot be build even on Infernal Horses.
But yes, Build a Crypt and Build a Pyre does not show anymore Icon... It is caused by XtendedTweaks.FPK (i have compressed all arts in a fpk).
Why only these icons does not show while the rest is ok? This is weird...

I changed the leader's trait in the CIV4LeaderHeadInfos file, but the trait did not change in the game, why? in other mods and in the original it worked

The mod uses the WoC Modules system that a few other big civ4 mods use (like fall further and all its child mods). The way it works is that is loads first leaders from the base file, then applies all changes from all modules. In the module Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Xtended\XBarbarian there are a lot of leaders with the entry <bForceOverwrite>1</bForceOverwrite> which probably overwrite the changes you made to the base file. Try making your changes to that file or create a new module if you prefer that.

Top Bottom