Terracotta Army - A power check-in (with data!)

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
So I've wondered for a while if Terracotta Army is just one of the greatest wonders in the game, but its just slept on a bit due to the spread out nature of its yields. Its easy to lose track on how many units are killed, and so how much bonus does it actually provide?

But here comes Vern to the rescue. His AI statistics allow us for the first time to get a true informed glance at just how good TA is. What we did is look at all AIs that choose authority of their policy (to focus on more warfare like play). He then got the average kills for each era across many many many games played. This in turn tells us how many yields on average the wonder is generating. Now I ignored classical era because its hard to gauge just when someone would get the wonder, so we look at it from medieval onward.

And so without further ado....the numbers:

EraAvg KillsCulture
Med
36​
730​
Ren
56​
1,683​
Ind
75​
3,007​
Mod
84​
4,211​
Atom
81​
4,868​
Info
112​
7,866​
Total

I'll stop there for now to let people give their thoughts. Is that way too much culture, is that a reasonable amount?

Will need to compare it with how much Culture Authority gives.

I think it'd be a reasonable amount if that were all it does. Like Colossus with the trade route bonus and extra trade route gives a comparable amount of extra yields. Possibly even more. But then it's also got the supply boost and the worker improvement speed tacked on. I think that pushes it over the edge. I think the worker improvement speed boost should be moved elsewhere as it kinda doesn't fit with the military theme it's got going on.

btw I wager that AI gets more kills fighting another AI than a human gets fighting an AI
It's easier to get kills if you're willing to overextend your units such that your guys also get killed in return, and the AI is better at pumping out that sort of cannon fodder.

Ancient and Classical wonders are generally very strong, aren't they? E.g. Pyramids gives GAP on GP birth, which scales throughout the whole game. It must provide a huge amount of them in total.

Top Bottom