Resource icon

[LH] Timur the Lame (Tamerlane) 2016-10-05

This is Tamerlane. It's been on the old hard drive for a long time and was in an old version of my mod. I did not create it (though it did customize the greeting animations). This was created on the Russian Civfanatics back in the day (maybe 2007ish). I'm uploading it here because I can't find it for download anymore. The damaged eye is intentional to Tamerlane's well known as being damaged physically and this was chosen by the author as a way to reflect that.

Timur was in his lifetime a controversial figure, and remains so today. He sought to restore the Mongol Empire yet his heaviest blow was against the Islamized Tatar Golden Horde. He was more at home in an urban environment than on the steppe. He styled himself a ghazi yet some Muslim states, e.g. the Ottoman Empire, were severely affected by his wars. A great patron of the arts, his campaigns also caused vast destruction. Timur told the qadis of Aleppo, during the sack of that newly conquered city,"I am not a man of blood; and God is my witness that in all my wars I have never been the aggressor, and that my enemies have always been the authors of their own calamity."
  • tamerlane_E53.jpg
    tamerlane_E53.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 199
Author
smeagolheart
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from smeagolheart