Turn Discussion Thread

So now we're in a new turn, Enterprise was destroyed by one of Mav's galleys. The wounded galley is now back in Copper city. Should we send Caraval or Nobody to secure the area? The other Galley may be going to the home island.
That is the bad sequence of the reload. But we need a ship there to blockade.
We got Feudalism from Amazon.
You 've taken it, why? Now we can't build archer and up them.
Do we really need a Harbor in Rigel? Wouldn't workers/settlers be better?
We 've to grow and whip, it's better than building with :food:. I would like a lib more, obs is too long.
Looking at the land I really do think we are very short on Workers and really need more. Well at least we have ALOT of time to discuss this turn!

Also it seems maybe even ironically that the Merlot are the ones really losing, they only have their Home island of four citys as of this posting.
Yeah, Ama and CDZ are better in combat than we and Quat. But don't forget, Merlot has researched feuda.

So we don't have to research Feudalism and we are one step closer to Guilds.

Too bad we lose our first EI. Damn reload :mad: That damn Slaze has a lot of luck in his attacks.

I've already said it: no more military, no more buildings. Workers and settlers. They are our best bet for this game. Mavs with LBs will be an hard nut to cracke. We need a lot of troops, expensive troops and to launch them at once. So we need more cities soon to sustain our economy and our army.

Sure, send a pair of ships stacked to blockade.

Happy New Year guys.

Yeah, Mavs have ridiculous combat luck. Damn the reload.

I think I agree with BLubmuz's and AlphaShard: We have land to settle and develop. Let's do that before starting any more military adventures (or misadventures).

So we have 3 city spots to fill and we probably need to double are workers. I think Rigel could get out the Anjen city spot and even provide the needed workers for that spoke.

If we could get a worker out of Vega, Arcturus and Procyon that ought to help out Bode alot. The Sol cities could provide the last two settlers we currently need and then a worker as well for Bode. We just need to make sure that the Mav Navy stays put, and then guard our Bode spoke access point and we should be fine for getting our land better developed.

I looked in the game.
An info
the Quat-stack isn't there anymore (Mav get another general).
in 3-4 turns the Mavs 've the iron again.

Turn proposal
Nob goes SW and blockade,
Mariner should go at the coast of Beta and the spy goes onboard.
After the chopping at Betei, the other workers should chop also (at Betei SW). 61=> 76 (and 4 =>5 next turn) is better than 31=> 38 and next turn 34 => 42.

The jobs in the towns are good so.

What is the sequence of city founding? At Anjen I see no good spot.

There were more then one on Anjen, the Future City sign and the Whale city

I took a look at the game, as well. I agree it doesn't look like things are going well for Quatronia on the Mavs home island either. Mavericks are also researching Engineering, which will reduce the effectiveness of our WEs.

I think it is time to coordinate activities with the other teams. Mavericks aren't nearly the push-overs we thought they would be, and our failed attempts aren't doing anything but giving there units XP. We also need to coordinate research. I noticed that Quat is also taching Nationalism (they don't know we know this, of course). I will try to draft a letter.

Also, everyone else has ended the turn. I didn't end our turn because I wasn't certain if we were ready to do so. I am actually more comfortable letting others do the turnplaying at the moment, since I haven't been following the game that closely recently.

Edit: Also, I am in favor of settling on Bode before Anjennida.

I think we can end our turn today.

I also would like to settle the rest of Bode first then Anjen.

I agree about the better coordinating our efforts.

The whale at Anjen is for Ama (I think), we need the agreement with them, that is the reason we don't build libs in Rigel.

Against Mav there is no attack/conquer chance before gunpowder, they 'll kill every stack we can land there. I don't know the chance of knights against cats.

I would propose a inquiry of Ama about a 4. degree units for HE.

My worry is that by the time we get to Gunpowder they will be there as well.

I think your underselling strategy here Husch, had we stayed on the hill things may have gone differently.

Alpha
I don't think so, they would allways build cats and then perhaps dash the stack. My experience with war and combat is very small.

Now to the game
It would be good, if you would play the other moves, Alpha. I don't 've time today.

The whale at Anjen is for Ama (I think), we need the agreement with them, that is the reason we don't build libs in Rigel.

The map we went with in the end had the whales city on Anjennida assigned to us. So feel free to settle it.

One of the alternatives I sent effectively traded the whale city to them in exchange for the city to the east of Rigel (moved 1N of where they have it), but they didn't like that option.

I think the whale city on Bode is much stronger than the one on Anjennida, since it has plains tiles rather than desert. If we want whales, I'd settle there first.

Turn 138 - 560 AD

Status of Mav cities

Mav Home Island:

Spoiler :

Mave Spoke:

Spoiler :

Bode:

Nobody moved SW to blockade, Mariner picked up Spy.

Spoiler :

Anjen:

Spoiler :

Sol:

WE boarded ship for Bode, Claudius completed chop and is Mining hill now. Other two workers completed a chop as well for Betelguse.

Spoiler :

Demographics:

Spoiler :

I 've the question/problem:
How is the gallay come to Goldcity? When had Mav move this? Why coudn't we destroy them? Can somebody say this to me. I didn't see them at my looking before our move. Am I blind or made they a double move.
Here is a pic from the turn after the attack, there is no gallay at the tile.

Spoiler :

They 've attack and with the new turn promoted and moved.

Attachments

• Double move.JPG
    Double move.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 89
This turn:
1. The new EI Excalibur goes at what? 2. ferry between our lands or south sea? it has moved!
2. I 've made some mm-changes
3. the worker at SOL should go at forests to chop there, after the forge is builded.

husch in turn 520 they attacked AND moved, then in turn 540 they moved again but we took too long and they moved before we did. We didn't go far south enough to see them in the fog.

New Turn is up!

Sirius completed it's Great Library, currently building EI. Though we can change that, it doesn't have a Barracks or Stable. We could build a settler here for Bode.

Canopus finished WE, We can build a worker or settler here though it's got some unhealthy in it and it's about to go up in pop so maybe a harbor, it will take 2 turns to finish if we do.

So we can offer up the Marble either for Sheep, Gold or just gift it for a few turns.

On Bode Hell_Hound finished a farm, free to something else.

Alphashard is free to move as well, should he Cottage 1N of Beta or work on mine with LP?

On Anjen Caveman is ready to chop forest 2E from Archnar?

EDIT: Actually I suggest Alphashard and the stack of troops outside of Beta move to the Fort sign and make the defensive fort there. They have alot of troops on their spoke. Also if we have enough navy we can stop any and all ships between Mav Island and Spoke

Alpha
don't move 2 worker at the same tile, there are no reason for quick modernisize, so that is nonsense!

EDIT: Actually I suggest Alphashard and the stack of troops outside of Beta move to the Fort sign and make the defensive fort there. They have alot of troops on their spoke. Also if we have enough navy we can stop any and all ships between Mav Island and Spoke
We need a road there and a spy at the Mav spoke, our troops can stand at all tiles.
The worker at Bode should road to the new city-tiles, Beta needs not additional mine for 20 or more turns. We 'll whipp the granary after growing with pop 2.

Cave must chop this turn, any more turn cottage is for nothing. I did it.

btw
Why did you (or another) change the working tiles in Betei and Prokyon; forge and lh should have to build last turn. Additional why the change in Rigel? forest (+2 :hammers:) is better than coast.

Top Bottom