IOT Resource Wars

NedimNapoleon

Weird Little Human

War.......War never changes...I was born in 2000, the golden year, life was good until 2020, then the resources started go away, the world became poorer, everything collapsed, then a huge wave of anti-matter hit the earth in the pacific, it created a new continent but it sunk others, the force pushed out hidden resources, make a new nation in the year 2050

The Rules

House Rules

1. Do not flame, troll, or personally insult any other player OOC or IC. At all. You may comment on certain things negatively, but don't take it further than that.
2. Stay on topic. Make sure all comments are relevant to the fictional world of the current IOT and have nothing to do with your personal religious/political beliefs.
3. Your posts should actually consist of something relevant to your nation and not just one-liner comments. Do not spam.
4. Long diplomatic discussions belong to the realms of Social Groups or visitor and private messaging, not the Game Thread.
5. No powergaming. By definition, powergaming is making your country surpass every other country by all terms including armed forces, technology, etc.
6. The GM is supreme. He reserves the right to change game rules, ignore or modify orders, impose restrictions on players, disband player nations, and so on.
7. Above all else, RESPECT THY FELLOW FORUMERS.

I'll usually warn players first if they break the rules. If they break the rules repeatedly, then I'll apply this:

1st Strike: Player is suspended from the game for one turn.
2nd Strike: Player is suspended from the game for three turns.
3rd Strike: Player nation dissolved, and the player banned from ever rejoining.

I reserve the right to ignore this policy for players who really piss me off, and kick them out of the game instantly.

Inactive players (AWOL for more than 3 turns) risk facing the Wrath of the GM (WoG) ie having their nation disbanded. These players can rejoin the game, but their old territories won't be restored to them; they'll start off with 10 claims like every new player.

Joining the game
To join the game, first choose a nation name and colour to represent your realms. Perhaps tell us a bit about your nation; your government, policies, history, and so on. Claim any ten provinces on the map, with the condition that they either have to be contiguous or on the coast. NO STUPID NATIONS AND YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CLAIM ON THE NEW CONTINENT AND DONT HOG ALL THE RESOURCE TERRITORIES

Update
Each turn ends and a new turn begins with an Update. Updates will be rather irregular, but I will never update within 48 hours of a previous update. So, it is best to get your claims and orders in the first 48 hours of the turn.

I will make another thread, a Claims thread, for claims and any orders and important announcements you want to post publicly. If there's anything really important you don't want me to miss come update time, post it in that thread. There is a zero tolerance policy on any diplomacy or OT talk in the Claims thread.

Roleplaying
Roleplaying is the essence of IOT. It’s how your nation develops. It’s how alliances are formed and broken. Roleplaying is very encouraged. Feel free to inhabit your nation with whoever or whatever you want, provided it fits with the setting and the etiquette listed above.NOTE TO EVERYONE THE TECH LVL IS IN THE 2010's

Expansion Points (XP): Territorial claims. Brand-new nations get a one-time starting package of 10, otherwise 5XP

Resource Points (RP): Each province gives you 0.5 except the ones with the three main resources (Silicon, Uranium and Oil) they give you something special(explained later)

Action Points (AP): They are used for war, you only get them when you are at war, 10, so you can invade provinces (war explained later)

Improvements:

Expeditionary Office:
Costs 10 RP, used to colonize the new continent

Intelligence agency:
Costs 4 RP, used to do covert operations

Military Command
Costs 2 RP's. Without a centralized military command system, nations cannot launch offensive operations

Motorized Warfare
Costs 4 RPs and requires the Military Command and oil. Combat vehicles improve the national army to Tier II, improving the odds of combat operations.

Combined Arms Doctrine
Costs 7 RPs and requires Motorized Warfare. The synergy of all theatres of war improves the national army to Tier III, significantly improving the odds of combat operations.

Atomic Weapons Research Centre
Costs 20 RPs. the nation can begin development of nuclear weapons. Research cannot be done in secret, requires Uranium, when you finish this building you can start your nuclear program, a nuclear program goes like this, every RP invested=1% finishing the research

Trade Center
Costs 8 RPs. Allows trade of resources

Super Computer
Requires 4 silicon resources,and costs 100 RPs, any private messages, orders, sent to me will be sent to the one with the super computer

World Trade Center
requires trade center and at least 3 of each resource (for each member),costs 200 RPs gives +10 RP's per turn, can be done with more nations (together), also gives the right of embargoing anybody (cut of from all trade)

Satellite Defense Initiative
Requires 5 Silicon and 5 Oil (each member)total cost of 1000 RP's, nukes cant blow you up, also can be a multiple project (you and other people doing it together)

Nuclear Weapons
Each Nuclear weapon costs 2 Uranium, requires atomic weapons research center and full research (it uses up the uranium and 2 random provinces of yours dont have uranium anymore) and 30 RPs, when a province is blown up it turns neutral and isn't available to claiming for 10 turns, when 25 nukes are used doomsday comes

Resources

Oil Black on the maps, gives +2% for each oil province to combat and gives 1 RP

Uranium Green on maps, used for nukes gives 1 RP

Silicon Yellow on maps, gives 2% bonus to espionage for each silicon province and gives 1 RP

Espionage

You simply invest RP's

Counter-espionage
Costs 1 RP
30% chance of success, 20% chance of discovery
The target loses the ability to conduct spy missions for one turn. Any spy mission the target took against you the previous turn fails.

Steal Enemy Plans
Costs 2 RP
20% chance of success, 10% chance of discovery.
Gain two extra RNG roll chance in every battle against the target for one turn. If the target has a secret nuclear weapons program, reveal the program and any nuclear weapons they have.

Fund Rebellion
Costs 3 RP
20% chance of success, 50% chance of discovery.
Causes NPC rebels to appear in a province in the target country. The rebel will attempt to seize control of a province. If successful, the rebellion continues from that province. As their backers, you can choose to take control of the rebels (secretly via PM, or openly. Up to you), or you can decide to make them NPC.

Sabotage
Costs 4 RP
20% chance of success, 30% chance of discovery
The target loses 5 LP for one turn.

Initiate Propaganda
Costs 6 RP
10% chance of success
A very risky one, this. It can only be done in to a province which you could normally claim. If successful, the province joins your nation. The chance of discovery is always 100%.

Nuclear Sabotage
Costs 10 RP
10% chance of success, 40% chance of discovery.
Up to two nuclear missiles is destroyed (I flip a coin in the unlikely event of success). Resets Nuclear Program investment back to zero if used on a target with an unfinished nuclear program.

War
You use APs, you can max invade 10 provinces, the calculation is done via RNG, each time you add 1 AP to invading the chances increase, both players will be sent a topographic map, they will write a story and draw a tactic, the one who convinces me wins and gets 20+ in the RNG this is not needed, so if you dont want to do that then you dont have to, no penalty

Straits
Malacca Strait
Dagestan Strait (the Caspian and black sea)
Istanbul
Suez
Panama
Japan Korea strait
Strait of Hormuz

Player List

Europe

Civplayah - Transylvania
Parliamentary-Presidential Republic more info

Double A - Celtic-Siberian Union
Constitutional Monarchy more info

Mathalamus - United States of Russia
Unknown more info

Omega124 - Deutschland Reich
Dictatorship more info

Lighthearter - The French 5th Republic
Democracy more info

Robert Can't - New Republican Spain
Republic more info

Americas

ZeletDude - The Republic of New England
Federal Republic more info

CELTICEMPIRE - Alaska
Communist dictatorship more info

Link 16 - American Federation
Democratic Republic more info

MaxaTheGreat - Imperium Minnesota
Constitutional Monarchy more info

Asia

Mad Man - Kingdom of Nepal
Absolute Monarchy more info

Domination3000 - The Empire of the Steppes
Khanate more info

Africa

Gruekiller - Swahili Federation
Federal Republic more info

I WILL MAKE A CLAIMS THREAD

Perhaps you could spend some time merging a lot of the tiny African Provinces together?

So, uh, what's the deal with the map? Brazil and Southern Oz look... weird.

Also I'm fairly sure the Caspian isn't connected to the Black or Aral. Or that Madagascar is the second largest island off the coast of Africa.

Or... or... or... is that a new continent?

Celtic-Siberian Union

Spoiler :

Blue=claims
Orange=SoI
Yellow=interest in zone (Open to discussion with other nations)
Red=VERY RAPE

Capital: Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky (Edinburgh is capital of Scotland)
Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Leaders: King Alexander V; Prime Minister Vladamir Putin Jr
Religion: no official, but mostly Christian
Main Languages: Scottish, English, Irish, Russian, Japanese
Currency: Celtic Ruble
Social policy: Moderate
Economy: Mixed
Development: First World
Military: Large enough
Goals: Unite with Ireland and the rest of Siberia; Begin colonizing the new continent; get Dommy out of Siberia

Transylvania!!!

Resource Wars.png

Government: Parliamentary-Presidential Republic
Leader: President is Charles Dracula (descendant of the world-famous Dracula, and I am aware that he is not real :p), Prime Minister is Clayton Phillips.
Religion: Christianity is most commonly practiced, but no state religion, as we are secular.
Language: Mainly Romanian
Currency: Romanian Leu
Capital: Bucharest
Economy: Market
Law: Center-right
National anthem: Deşteaptă-te, române
Development: First World
Goal: None right now

Also, I suggest only revealing resources once that bit of land is claimed.. don't show us the whole map after update 1 :)

So, uh, what's the deal with the map? Brazil and Southern Oz look... weird.

Also I'm fairly sure the Caspian isn't connected to the Black or Aral. Or that Madagascar is the second largest island off the coast of Africa.

Or... or... or... is that a new continent?

There were huge floods and the earth changed dramatically, and add details about your nation and change your claims, you cant claim the new continent yet, you should have read the rules

There were huge floods and the earth changed dramatically, and add details about your nation and change your claims, you cant claim the new continent yet, you should have read the rules

I did. It said NOTHING about the new continent.

edit: Oh wait, it was in the bold part. I sometimes ignore bold print for some reason... I claimed more in Siberia and also Scotland. Do tiny islands still cost 1XP?

Also you might want to color those 3 sea pixels off the coast of Siberia.

youd think a major permanent flood like that would change the majority of provinces... im thinking abotu joining.

True, just cutting off provinces doesn't work that great.

Also continental US only has 48 (I think). That's gonna fill up real quick, more might be better.

well, i hink the Mathalamus Republic would qualify as a stupid nation... right?

... instead of the Outter Hebrides, I'm thinking about claiming Istanbul.

The Republic of New England

Capital: Philadelphia
Government: Federal Republic (much like IRL USA)
Religion: No official religion
Language:English and small amounts of French speakers in North.
Currency New Englander Dollar
Economy: Mixed
Social policies: Center/left, Universal Health insurance, High Taxes, Welfare, unemployment benefits Etc.
Military: Small ATM
Goal: Unite the North East :)

The L'histoire (history, sorry feeling in a French mood today :p) of my nation

After the late United States collapsed due to it's economic problems and oil dependence coupled with the massive flood the Republic of New England emerged almost immediately occupying the former area known as New England, and Philadelphia was proclaimed as the capital of the new country. The Republic was basically identical to it's predecessor the United States, with a very similar constitution (several changes..). The Republic claims it's self as the only true seccessor state to the United States and dismisses any other North American states' claim to this idea.

Attachments

• NewEngland.png
    NewEngland.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 209
The Oil Corporation.

Goal: To Control all of the Oil Resources in the World so we can trade it and make money.

Claims: Alaska, British Columbia, Two Territories in Northern Brazil, The two United Arab Emirates territories, the Russian territory closest to Alaska, two territories on the Iranian cost, Sicily, one territory in Morocco, and Mecca.

Religion: Only Corporate workers have citizenship, and we don't care what religion they follow.

Top Bottom