Metal Gear Mafia Game Thread

Your random bandwagon posts are also attracting my ire. You're usually more active than this.

If Catharsis is innocent, you are the next target of the pressurewagon.

Luckily, you can by wagon insurance, all at the low low price of one roleclaim to me.*

*Restrictions may apply. If I find your roleclaim unbelievable, or ridiculous, you will not get insurance. PM must be sent by the end of the lynching period, or I'll ignore it. See nearest thread for details. Offer void in North Korea. Results may vary.

I don’t like the way Romanichine is jumping around on the votes either. I would also like to provide an alternative to the current bandwagon in case Catharsis convinces us not to lynch him and it gets late and we don’t have a lot of time to pull back. We’ll need a good alternative, so vote: Romanichine.

Alex, I'll take 'Bad times to go inactive for one and a half days' for $500.

You have thus far failed to vote for a single anti-townie, unless one of DaveShack, BSmith, and GamezRule is a mafia, and I know one of them to be innocent and strongly suspect the other two of being innocent with my current information.

That doesn't mean anything, chox. The two anti-townies found so far were Darth Caesar, a scum alone on a team, and CivGeneral, a serial killer. I did not vote for them not because I am their scum-partner, but because I was wrong.

And I'll take being wrong if it means I don't have to mindlessly tack on to every bandwagon that has appeared. For starters, that's no fun. Also, I like my vote to mean something, and I disagree with whoever it was that said pressure-voting a different person when there's already a wagon in progress is pointless, because any good wagon needs a rescue-wagon to go with it.

Of course, no-one has actually chosen to take that opportunity, except with Takhisis for the robbiewagon, but in the cases I can remember, that's mostly due to reticence on the part of the bandwagoned (Dumanios voting for himself, Darth and CivG having nothing innocent-sounding to say I suppose, civplayah fully roleclaiming only after the deadline).

You also started the civplayah failwagon.

Did I? I wasn't aware of that. I was first to vote for civplayah, on pretty good grounds, I still think, but it's not the first vote that starts a wagon, that's Mafia 101. Also, I was the only person to remove my vote after he claimed obliquely to have an important role - BECAUSE RESCUE WAGON.

This sort of behavior is what Catharsis usually does as a mafia. He usually does it as an innocent, too, although with the key difference that he's sometimes right and actually votes for a mafia as an innocent.

I'm flattered. :p Have you read any recent completed games with me as an innocent? Try SpongeBob Mafia. I can be wrong, you know. ;)

vote: Romanichine unless I hear that he's roleclaimed.

Ah Spongebob Mafia. Those were the days.

Evening 8

Spoiler :

Another was brought before the guns. The Major demanded so.

Spoiler :
Catharsis (6) - choxorn, Romanichine, Jarrema, The Bake, robbiecon, GamezRule
Romanichine (2) - BSmith1068, Catharsis

Not Voting: DaveShack, Sprig

However, just before the triggers could be pulled, a voice rang out.

It was so.. Compelling.. So seductive.

So terrifying.

As paranoia gripped your hearts, suddenly, a bullet rang out.

Shooting erupted everywhere in response.

In the ensuing chaos, as brother slaughtered brother, it soon became obvious that during the fighting:

Spoiler :
Choxorn was Killed!
Spoiler :
He was Major Ivan Raidenovitch Raikov!

He was a Red Army Commander!

Eventually, people calmed down enough to sheepishly return to the barracks.​

Spoiler :
Players:

1. Camikaze - Killed, Night Four
2. Catharsis
3. CivPlayah - Lynched, Day Six
4. dcmort93 - Killed, Night One
5. Choxorn - Killed, Day Eight
6. Dumanios - Lynched, Day Three
7. Daveshack
8. Darth Caesar - Lynched, Day Four
9. Robbiecon
10. Zack - Killed, Night Five
11. GamezRule
12. Takhisis - Lynched, Day Seven
13. Romanichine
14. BSmith1068
15. Sprig
16. Snerk - Killed, Night Seven
17. Jarrema
18. CivGeneral - Lynched, Day Five
19. Lord OST - Lynched, Day Two
20. The Bake

--------------------------
Morning 9 in 24 hours!
Get your orders in!

Catharsis, you sir are a dead man.

We have been betrayed! Catharsis will hang!

I do appear to be dead now. This sucks.

It's okay, you can still haunt us. :)

I wonder if what happens was a one-shot ability, or will it happen always until, for example, we kill all Catharsis subordinates?

Morning 9

Spoiler :

So many had been lost..

The Colonel.. The Major.. And more low-rankers than anyone cared to think about..

Nonetheless, order had to be maintained.

The prestige of the Red Army depended on it.

The next highest ranking soldiers took command, and once more called role.

Spoiler :
No-one had died.

Once more, the floor was opened to accusations..​

Spoiler :
Players:

1. Camikaze - Killed, Night Four
2. Catharsis
3. CivPlayah - Lynched, Day Six
4. dcmort93 - Killed, Night One
5. Choxorn - Killed, Day Eight
6. Dumanios - Lynched, Day Three
7. Daveshack
8. Darth Caesar - Lynched, Day Four
9. Robbiecon
10. Zack - Killed, Night Five
11. GamezRule
12. Takhisis - Lynched, Day Seven
13. Romanichine
14. BSmith1068
15. Sprig
16. Snerk - Killed, Night Seven
17. Jarrema
18. CivGeneral - Lynched, Day Five
19. Lord OST - Lynched, Day Two
20. The Bake

----------------------------------
Midday 9 in 24 hours.

What is the plan? Do we go straight for Catharsis, or do we try something else?

My instincts tell me to try out Vote: Romanichine

Catharsis proabaly knew he was as good as lynched and also know about his own lynch defense, an excelent chance to vote for his companion to 'remove' suspiciousness from him, since we were going to find out about this defense.

Maybe the best course of action is to go right for Catharsis, but what you say is true, and that we need to get the companions first, I say Romanichine is the best choice.

In that case,

vote: Romanichine

I'm Sergeant Orca, no ability, which I told choxorn last night. If you decide to lynch me on the basis that Catharsis voted for me to distance himself, there's not much I can do to argue with that, except that you might be losing a chance to lynch an important mafia player.

If you're not ready to vote Catharsis, then I think you should vote Sprig. He didn't vote yesterday, perhaps because his scum partner was ahead of the tally?

vote: Sprig

But I think we should try Catharsis again.

BSmith already confirmed Sprig is innocent

And if you think we should vote Catharsis again, go ahead. Nothing is stopping you, is there?

BSmith confimred he saw that Sprig was Red Army after the update mistake where Camikaze died. I trust BSmith is innocent, and an innocent wouldn't lie about confirming someone is innocent.

It chox is dead, then doesn't that pretty much take away his influence in this game, other then haunting us?

unvote; vote: Catharsis

Top Bottom