Metal Gear Mafia Game Thread

SPRIG WAS MAFIA????!!!! :mad:

Grrr...... I saw his death written in the update as an innocent.

Mm..
That mistake was kind of game-breaking.

(not as game-breaking as Foxhound inactivity and CG not realising he had a night-kill till the day before he was lynched, but still.. :( )

Mm..
That mistake was kind of game-breaking.

If a mistake convinces me that a mafia is a confirmed innocent and gets me to tell them some secrets (like me not actually being a roleblocker), then yes, it's game breaking.

Could the mafia actually recruit anybody, and if so, how many people did they start out with? Because 5 mafia is too many for a 20-person mafia game, even with all the abilities we had.

And what was the deal with those lightswords and whatnot Jarrema found with his post mortem scans?

Oh, did we win already? I thought there'd be another night. Well, congrats to my fellow FOXes then, even Romanibackstabberdon'tlaunchthenukemyparentsaredeeeeeeeeadchine :p And thanks to mgsm, a most atmospheric game with some clever mechanics. Too bad about the inactive FOXHOUND team :(

Could the mafia actually recruit anybody, and if so, how many people did they start out with? Because 5 mafia is too many for a 20-person mafia game, even with all the abilities we had.

At the beginning, there was only me on the FOX team. I could kill on odd-numbered nights and convert on even-numbered nights, although my conversions could fail, unless the person was "disillusioned". (Presumably that is why I had the one-time lynch-evade ability. It was so I could survive to Night 2 and convert someone if I was first-round wagoned. That's my best guess anyway.)

Romanichine was converted on Night 2, Sprig on Night 4, BSmith on Night 6, and I tried and failed to convert The Bake on Night 8.

Great, so we could have gone ahead and killed you right away then. :rolleyes:

Great game, had fun, considering this was my first aswell ^^

Too bad about inactivity, but I'm looking forward to my next game. :D

Good game guys. Too bad that it wasn’t as fully balanced as intended, we ended up being the only mafia team since DC didn’t recruit anyone. It was quite fun and we had a bit of a challenge pulling it all off in the end, but it worked out for us. The past few votes were really on the line for us, so it could easily have gone bad and been a town win.

As you can see from the recruiting mechanics, I had an innocent role for most of the game. That was the role that I posted in my defense, although at that point I had already been recruited. And I did see the mistake with Sprig being killed before it was changed, so while in retrospect it does look like I was covering for him, it was not a lie.

Here is the FOX QT. I’d love to see the dead QT

I don't know about this QT thing.

And you included the great townie scanner, i.e. yours truly, as a bad guy?

Yes, I know, but the unlikeliness of me being mafia has already been proved in several peer-reviewed journals.

My role PMs for Ursula and Elisa:

Spoiler :
Ursula
“Commander…”

Elisa and Ursula were born in Germany, and then brought to Snezhinsk (Chelyabinsk-70) sometime during their childhood where their parents worked as nuclear physicists. They were twin sisters who were survivors of the Kyshtym Nuclear Disaster in the Ural Mountains, near Ozyorsk (Chelyabinsk-65) in 1957. The explosion killed their parents and the image of "ashes of death" falling from the sky has stayed with them as they grew up. After their exposure to nuclear fallout, they were taken back to their country, to a lab in East Germany, in which they were subjected to power-amplifying experiments.
They gained powerful ESP and psychic abilities (including telepathy and precognition) after they were exposed to radiation from the nuclear disaster. Due to their abilities, the disaster still haunts Elisa in her dreams, wherein she saw her parents dying in the explosion. In 1966 the sisters were then rescued by Gene during a mission and taken to America. Unfortunately, their stay there made them realize that America only really cared for their powerful abilities, and that the Capitalists and Communists were one and the same. Gene then took them with him to help in his plan to establish Army's Heaven. Ursula, the more powerful of the two, later joined FOX, and was the only elite member that didn't wear a Sneaking Suit, while Elisa was hired for her skills as a doctor. Both sisters were trained in their respective fields by Gene.​

Allegiance: FOX
Extrasensory Perception: A gifted psychic, you can read deep into the minds of others. Each night, you may choose a player. If you die that night or the following day, for whatever reason, that player’s true role will be revealed publicly in the thread to everyone.
Master of Telekinesis: Each night, you may scan one player, revealing whether they are recruitable to a faction or not.
Twin sisters: You and Elisa are so similar that you are often mistaken for one another. Each night, you may choose between which of the sisters you want to play as. You shall be that sister for that night and the following day. The following night, you will have the option to change once more.
If you are role-blocked, you shall be forced to remain the sister you chose the night you were role-blocked for the next 3 day phases, ending at the start of the third night from affliction.
Fox victory: You win a major victory if Fox members are the last surviving allegiance.
The successful launch of the ICBMG shall lead to a loss for you, prioritising over victory.
In other words, if it is launched and hits its target, you suffer a loss, regardless of other conditions fulfilled.

Spoiler :
Elisa
“Weren’t you my age when you first went onto the battlefield?”

Allegiance: Unaligned
Perfect Soldier
: You are given knowledge of the identity of Null, the Perfect Soldier.
Infiltrating the infiltration unit: Each night, you may scan one player, revealing their allegiance (or lack of allegiance) towards the Foxhound unit.
Twin sisters: You and Elisa are so similar that you are often mistaken for one another. Each night, you may choose between which of the sisters you want to play as. You shall be that sister for that night and the following day. The following night, you will have the option to change once more.
If you are role-blocked, you shall be forced to remain the sister you chose the night you were role-blocked for the next 3 day phases, ending at the start of the third night from affliction.
Elisa victory: You win a major victory if yourself and either Big-Boss or Null survives until the end of the game. A minor victory can be achieved if one of the pair survives but you do not.
The successful launch of the ICBMG shall lead to a loss for you, prioritising over victory.
In other words, if it is launched and hits its target, you suffer a loss, regardless of other conditions fulfilled.

@my FOX partners:
So Elisa was not part of FOX and had different wincons. Being not part of FOX is why you were not able to launch the nuke (it wasn't a special power :D).

I didn't think explaining this was a good idea specially because you could have imagined all sort of ways for me to backstab you, but there weren't any after Big Boss and Null died (Day 5).

Catharsis, last night you could have launched the nuke, as I turned back to Ursula (otherwise I couldn't win with you guys) and I almost PMed you about it, telling you that you could launch and screw me, or alternatively, trust me and not launch, but I decided against it. Thought you were more likely to launch, no matter what I would say, so I prayed that you wouldn't try to launch it again (and you didn't :))

If I explained everything last night, do you think you would have launched? :p

Anyway, I'm not the backstabbing kind, but I had to play my role as it was designed. It wouldn't be nice to the host to play differently. Still it was a pleasure to team with you guys: Catharsis, BSmith and Sprig, and the major/minor victory doesn't matter. As I've said in the QT, if the roles were reversed, I would've taken the minor victory. We all won, that's all there is to know. :goodjob:

Thanks for the game mgs, I liked the creative Ursula/Elisa roles and the game mechanics looked fine, if Foxhound had been playing, and if CivGeneral had been killing.

And good game everyone! Town, you lynched too many (6) of your own (actually 5 if we don't count our manipulation to lynch Jarrema). With so many, it's okay that you lose even if the game could have ended up differently for various reasons.

And my apologies to Robbie, for telling him that he would be recruited if he didn't vote today. As you can see in our QT, it was our intention to recruit you, and we didn't think the game would end today. It wasn't malicious in any way. :blush:

Only 4. (Takhisis, civplayah, Dumanios, and OST) Jarrema and DaveShack don't count, since everyone voting to lynch them was a mafia. And in all fairness, we had good reason for Dumanios (roleblock), and OST was at the beginning of the game, when mafia hardly ever get lynched anyway.

Civvy and Takhisis were fails, though. Nice job getting civvy lynched, Catharsis, even if he was one of our top suspects anyway. Takhisis was just because we were trying to narrow down suspects and ended up on him, and we have no excuse for that.

After that, though, you can't blame us. How was I to know that lynching Catharsis would get me killed? We figured out who most of the mafia were by that point, we just couldn't lynch them.

Ah yes, only 4 mislynchs, I forgot about Catharsis' power. :p

Overall, I guess it helped us that the other night killers/recruiter were inactive or killed early, but you had a big advantage that I wasn't aware of: a five men mason team. I'm surprised by this, it's a great starting edge.

Problem was, 2 of them were inactive, and Zack and I were the only ones that really had useful abilities.

Top Bottom