Civ 5: Civilizations/Leaders Wanted!

How often is the OP updated? I want to see Belgium, Chola, Bangla, and any other civs I might add.

ShahJahanII said:
Belgium:
UA: Colonial masters, +1 per city on a different continent. Double resources on different continents. or
UA: Industrial Revolution: Double Coal resources and +1 production for each. 10% production in all cities.
UB: waffle house: +1 for every waffle rescources in the city. (jk, jk)

Chola:
Leader: Rajaraja Chola
UA: Temple builders: Build cultural buildings 50% faster. Cultural buildings are 50% cheaper. or
UA: Unamed(something to do with islands): Cities built on islands 9 tiles or less have no :c5unhappy:
UB: Unamed: (replaces temple): 6 :c5culture: , 1 :c5culture: for every 5 :c5citizen: , 1 :c5culture: for every marble and stone

Bangla:
UA: Master craftsmen: + 2 :c5gold: per silver, gold, silk, gems resource. Selling these resources to other civilizations will give them + 5:c5happy:
Unique Improvment: Linen maker/ Silk Farm: Can be built on silk resources. Connects the silk resource. + 1 :c5gold:, + 1 :c5culture:

Mali
Leader: Mansa Musa
UA: African traders: Each ivory resource gives 3 horses. Each gold, silver, gems, gives 1 iron. +1 :c5gold: per trade route. or
UA: Allied city states give 20% of their :c5gold:
UB: Unamed(could someone translate "courthouse" into Malinese for me?) : + 3 :c5gold: and +10% :c5gold:

For Nubia I came up with a Mint UB
Doesn't require Gold, Silver or Gems near the City but still adds the Gold to them.
+5% :c5culture: and :c5gold: in the City
If connected to the Capital, grants +1 :c5culture: in the City where built and the Capital. This bonus doesn't apply if built in the Capital.
(hope you understand this: Capital A is connected to cities B and C. All cities have the Mint UB built. The Capital A then receives +2 :c5culture: and the cities B and C receive +1 :c5culture: in addition to the +5% :c5culture: and :c5gold:)

Well, all of these ideas are quite incomplete. Perhaps you could finish these with leaders and unique components for all Civs :)

ShahJahanII, a kind request. Could you edit all your ideas to one post (your first in this thread). Instead of spamming new replies. Thank you. :)

Mali
Leader: Mansa Musa
UA: African traders: Each ivory resource gives 3 horses. Each gold, silver, gems, gives 1 iron. +1 :c5gold: per trade route

or
UA: Allied city states give 20% of their :c5gold:

UB: Unamed(could someone translate "courthouse" into Malinese for me?) : + 3 :c5gold: and +10% :c5gold:

Scenario

East Indies

Playable civilizations:
Bangla, Chola, Dutch, Portugal, France, Denmark, Britain, Majapahit, Siam, Spain, Kandy, Maharashtra, Delhi Sultanate, Timurids.

Timeline:
Starts in 1200 A.D. and ends in 1650 A.D. Game will progress more slowly with more units per era.

Map:
Should cover most of India, Southeast Asia, Indonesia, and the Philippines.

Rules:
All European civs will start off with a small port city in a historic location (Portugal in Goa, India; Spain in the Philippines) and a bunch of free units. European civs will have a technological advantage over Asian civs. Asian civs will be much more powerful in every aspect other than military and technology. Happiness is loosened slightly. Each city will only increase policy costs by 10%. Military will be made less important than navy. New luxury resources will be added.

Social Policies: Only 3 branches. They will be new ones. One for navy, one for expansion, and one for commerce.

Victory conditions:
Culture: Finish the 3 social policy trees.
Expansion: Control a certain percentage of a map.
Commerce: Connect all luxury resources and get 7,000 gold.

Bangla:

UA: Master craftsmen: + 2 :c5gold: per silver, gold, silk, gems resource. Selling these resources to other civilizations will give them + 5:c5happy:
Unique Improvment: Linen maker/ Silk Farm: Can be built on silk resources. Connects the silk resource. + 1 :c5gold:, + 1 :c5culture:

Chola:
Leader: Rajaraja Chola
UA: Temple builders: Build cultural buildings 50% faster. Cultural buildings are 50% cheaper.

or

UA: Unamed(something to do with islands): Cities built on islands 9 tiles or less have no :c5unhappy:

UB: Unamed: (replaces temple): 6 :c5culture: , 1 :c5culture: for every 5 :c5citizen: , 1 :c5culture: for every marble and stone

(New Dravidian Graphics)

Belgium:
UA: Colonial masters, +1 :c5unhappy: per city on a different continent. Double resources on different continents.

or

UA: Industrial Revolution: Double Coal resources and +1 production for each. 10% production in all cities.

also

UB: waffle house: +1 :c5happy: for every waffle rescources in the city. (jk, jk)

(European graphics)

Well, all of these ideas are quite incomplete. Perhaps you could finish these with leaders and unique components for all Civs :)

ShahJahanII, a kind request. Could you edit all your ideas to one post (your first in this thread). Instead of spamming new replies. Thank you. :)

I moved all my posts together :goodjob:
I would appreciate it if a mod could delete all these duplicates.

Moderator Action: Done. :)

These are just looser ideas. I think we can clearly agree that none of these posts are spam. Also, it is hard to find ideas for some of these civilizations. If you look at the OPs, some of the civilizations such as Phoenicia don't have information at all. There is nothing wrong with missing a UU. This thread isn't perfect either, but its still a great thread. I am good with history, but no historian. Please understand I am only trying to contribute to the thread.:)

How often is the OP updated? I want to see Belgium, Chola, Bangla, and any other civs I might add.

Continued from here:

Social Policies: Only 4 branches. They will be new ones. One for navy, one for expansion, one for city states, and one for commerce.

Naval Opener: All naval units get +2:c5moves:
Policy 1: All naval units gain 15% ranged attack bonus
Policy 2: Production of naval units increased by 33%
Policy 3: Production of naval buildings increased by 15%
Policy 4: Each naval units within friendly territory gives .5:c5happy:
Policy 5: Naval rescources give double quantity and +1:c5production:, :c5gold:, :c5production: each
Naval Finisher: 10% :c5production:, :c5gold:, :c5culture:, :c5science:, :c5food: on every coastal city

Victory conditions:
Culture: Finish 3 of the 4 social policy trees.
Expansion: Control a certain percentage of a map.
Commerce: Connect all types of luxury resources and get 7,000 gold.

Any comments on this are welcome :)

Continued from here:

Social Policies: Only 4 branches. They will be new ones. One for navy, one for expansion, one for city states, and one for commerce.

Any comments on this are welcome :)

Commerce and city-state policy trees should be mixed together

Just remember please that this thread is about what Civilizations you want in the game, not what ideas you want in the game. You can post a thread about them, or post them here. :)

Civilization:poland-Lithuania
Leader:Bronisław Komorowski
Unique unit:Winged hussar.Replaces Lancer.He have no penalty on defense and strength 24 and speed 6(the fastest unit land unit in the game)
Unique building:Court of Poland. replaces University. give +3 extra science and -10%:c5angry:.
Unique Trait: (Communism Military)
all your land units can attack 1 extra time.

Civilization:Italia
Leader:Eleonora de' Medici
Unique building:Milano skala.replaces Opera House.+7 :c5culture:
Unique:building: San siro replaces Stadium. +3 :c5happy: +4 :c5culture:.
Unique Trait: (Land of Opera)
+3 culture for every 2 citizens in every city.

Civilization:Korea
Leader: Wang Kon
Unique Unit: Hwacha replaces Cannon. only stronger than cannon.
Unique Building: Jeulmun Sculptor. replaces Temple.+4 :c5culture:
Unique Trait: (Science of East)
+3 :c5science: in first 4 cities.

Civilization:Gauls
Leader:Marcus Aurelius Marius
Unique Unit: Druid. Replaces Horseman. cost 80 strength 13 speed 4.
Unique Unit:Theutates Thunder. Replaces Knight. cost 120 movement 5 strength 18
Unique Trait: (Ride like Wind)
+10% strength to all mounted units when fighting in enemy territory.

Civilization: Teutons
Leader: Marcus Velleius Paterculus
Unique Unit: Teutonic Knight.replaces Knight. cost 65. strength 18 movement 3
unique unit:Axeman replaces Swordsman. cost 70 strength 13 movement 3
Unique Trait: (Pillaging Horde)
Triple :c5gold: for pillaging cites and recives 60 :c5gold: when pillage improvement.

Mississippi
Leader: Tuskaloosa
UA: Mound Builders -- Buildings cost half maintenance, cities can form trade routes through rivers
UB: Platform Mound -- Replaces Monument, +3 culture and cities attack has a range of 3 spaces.
UU: Brave -- Replaces Archer, can Melee attack or range attack.

Hittite
Leader: Suppiluliuma
UA: The Iron Empire -- Start game with Iron revealed, on map, Mines and Quarries produce +1 gold
UU: Three-man chariot -- Replaces Horseman, bonus attack against melee units, bonus remains with upgrades.
UB: Lion gates -- Replaces garden, +33 percent great person bonus and can be built in all cities

I like the OP's suggestions of Kushan and Majahapit, but for Majahapit I'd have

Empire Mandela: only 1 unhappiness per newly founded cities, allied city states have double production and combat bonus in battle, militaristic allies grant double the amount of units.

Civilization:poland-Lithuania
Leader:Bronisław Komorowski
Unique unit:Winged hussar.Replaces Lancer.He have no penalty on defense and strength 24 and speed 6(the fastest unit land unit in the game)
Unique building:Court of Poland. replaces University. give +3 extra science and -10%:c5angry:.
Unique Trait: (Communism Military)
all your land units can attack 1 extra time.

Civilization:Italia
Leader:Eleonora de' Medici
Unique building:Milano skala.replaces Opera House.+7 :c5culture:
Unique:building: San siro replaces Stadium. +3 :c5happy: +4 :c5culture:.
Unique Trait: (Land of Opera)
+3 culture for every 2 citizens in every city.

Civilization:Korea
Leader: Wang Kon
Unique Unit: Hwacha replaces Cannon. only stronger than cannon.
Unique Building: Jeulmun Sculptor. replaces Temple.+4 :c5culture:
Unique Trait: (Science of East)
+3 :c5science: in first 4 cities.

Civilization:Gauls
Leader:Marcus Aurelius Marius
Unique Unit: Druid. Replaces Horseman. cost 80 strength 13 speed 4.
Unique Unit:Theutates Thunder. Replaces Knight. cost 120 movement 5 strength 18
Unique Trait: (Ride like Wind)
+10% strength to all mounted units when fighting in enemy territory.

Civilization: Teutons
Leader: Marcus Velleius Paterculus
Unique Unit: Teutonic Knight.replaces Knight. cost 65. strength 18 movement 3
unique unit:Axeman replaces Swordsman. cost 70 strength 13 movement 3
Unique Trait: (Pillaging Horde)
Triple :c5gold: for pillaging cites and recives 60 :c5gold: when pillage improvement.
Cities for Italy
Rome (capitol)
Milan
Naples
Verona
Venice
Torino
Trieste
Bologna
Genova
Palermo
Bari
Catania
Parma
Livorno

Austria-Hungary
Leader: Maria Theresa
Unique Unit: Hussar. Replaces Lancer. Cost: 220. Strength: 22. Movement: 4. Starts with Survivalism I promotion. "Fast moving horsemen used for scouting or raiding".
Unique Building: Concert Hall. Replaces Opera House. Austria has been celebrated for their music all throughout the Renaissance and Imperial periods, bringing about great talent. Cost 230, not 250. +4 culture. Maintenance 0, not 3.
Unique Ability: Crownlands. Eased building requirements for National Wonders; required building is needed to be build only in 4 cities and Each Completed National Wonder adds +2% Discount to National Wonder Production. Note: More you build them, faster you get them. Seven N.Wonders = 7x2=14% total

Although I like this suggestion would like to propose some alternatives:

The name of the Civ should be simply Austria, not Austria-Hungary because the name Austria refers to the entire thousand-year-long history of the Civ whereas Austria-Hungary refers only to the period 1867–1918. I would suggest Hungary for a separate Civ.

Austria
Leader: Franz Joseph I.
UB: State Opera (replaces Eremitage) requires Opera (not Theatre) in every city, grants +100% :c5culture: in the city
UU: Gebirgsjäger (Mountain Infantry), replaces Infantry, can enter mountain tiles
UA: "Viribus Unitis", all units get +10% :c5strength: Bonus when next to a friendly unit, +1 extra :c5happy: for every allied and friendly City State

Hungary
Leader: Matthias Corvinus
UB: Egyetem (replaces University) +2 :c5culture:
UU: Hussar (replaces Lancer) gains :c5culture: culture from killed enemy units
UA: "Vastness of the Pannonian Plain", +10% :c5strength: Bonus (meaning no combat penalty) on open terrain, horse-resources provide double quantity

Continued from here:

Phoenicians

UA: First Sailors: :c5science: and :c5happy: boast when meeting a city state on a different continent. Larger :c5science: boost and 4-turn :c5goldenage: when meeting a major civilization on a different continent.
UU1: Phoenician Caravels (Replaces Caravels): Can enter ocean and has +1 :c5moves: and sight. Can "Disembark" to become a Phoenician settler.
UU2: Phoenician Settler (Replaces Settler): No growth penalty for building it. Has 5 :c5strength: and 3:c5moves:. Can not attack. Can "Embark" to become a Phoenician Caravel.

Khmers

Leaders: Suryavarman II
Start Bias: Jungle
UA: Jungle Kingdom: Units move through jungles as if they were roads jungles can be used as roads to connect cities
UU: Jungle elephants (replaces horsemen): Doesn't require horses to build. Gains :c5strength: bonus in jungles
UB: Prang (replaces temple): +2 :c5culture:, +2 :c5culture: per jungle tile worked. No maintenance.

Ghaznavids

Leader: Mahmud
UA: Persianate Legacy: Cities revolt for 75% less time. Puppeted cities will produce :c5culture: and :c5science: buildings 15% faster.
UB1: Madrasas (replaces university): 15% of this city's :c5culture: is added to science
or
15% of this city's :c5science: is added to culture

UB2: Iwans (replaces courthouse): 20% less :c5unhappy: in addition to the regular effects of the courthouse

Bukhara:

UA: Mahalla Organization:

Scythian

UA: Scythian Craftsmanship: Pillaging tiles with luxury rescources gives 10 :c5happy: temporarily. If the luxury pillaged is gold, silver, or gems, then the bonus is 15 :c5happy: temporarily.

or

UA: Mercenaries: Purchasing units is 66% cheaper.

or

UA: Mercenaries: Upon defeating a land barbarian in its encampment or encountering a naval barbarian, there is a 50% chance they will convert to your side and you gain 25 :c5gold:. 33% more maintenance for units.

UU: Scythian Horsemen: No penalty for attacking cities. 5 :c5moves:. Has Blitz promotion. Costs twice as much as regular horsemen.

Somali

Will represent all of Somalia's kingdoms and Sultanates.

UB: Qalcad (Replaces castle): Units adjacent to city take 33% less damage from :c5rangedstrength: and 20% less damage from melee attacks.

For Dutch, Portuguese, or Maya civilizations:
Unique Improvement (Replaces Plantation): +3:c5gold: and +1:c5production:

Scenario: Alexander the Great, Conquest and Legacy
(Yes, yes, I know there was one in cIV Warlords, but this is my own take on the scenario)

Rules: Game stays in ancient and classical era, with more techs added to make it feel longer. All 7 Wonders of the Ancient World are added to the game as well as many other "wonders" of the time. The bonuses from these wonders will be greatly enhanced. When conquering a city, you have the option of making it a city-state automatically allied with you.

Social Policies:
2 social policy trees, 1 for Wonder Production, and the other for Military. The military tree will be based on "formations". These will be combat bonuses for completing certain conditions of military positioning. For example, the Phalanx policy will give a 30% combat bonus to every Hoplite in a line of 3 Hoplites. Maybe another one will give a :c5rangedstrength: bonus to a catapult that is adjacent to at least 2 melee units.

Monument Builders:
Opener: 10% Wonder Production

Formations:
Opener: 10% :c5strength: to all units adjacent to another unit
Policy 1: Phalanx

Playable Civilizations:
Before and during Alexanders conquests:
Macedon (Represented by Greece)
Egypt
Persia
Bactria
Punjabs (represented by India)
After the Fall of the Empire:
Ptolemaic Egypt
Seleucid Empire
New Macedon
Pergamon
Victories:
Cultural: Complete both policy trees and build 5 wonders
Domination
Unity: Be allied with 9 city-states at the same time

Scenario: Viking Era
(No, not the one that came with the Denmark pack, I mean an entire Viking Era scenario)

Rules: Pillaging will give happiness to the pillagers and unhappiness to the pillaged.
4 social policy trees, one for navy, one for army, one for pillaging, and one for happiness. The map will cover most of northern Europe including Russia.

I will be working on ideas for this last scenario.

That's 12 civilizations I have recommended so far, 2 huge scenario ideas and 1 smaller scenario idea.

Continued from here:

Phoenicians

UA: First Sailors: :c5science: and :c5happy: boast when meeting a city state on a different continent. Larger :c5science: boost and 4-turn :c5goldenage: when meeting a major civilization on a different continent.
UU1: Phoenician Trireme (Replaces Trireme): Can enter ocean and has +1 :c5moves: and sight. Can "Disembark" to become a Phoenician settler.
UU2: Phoenician Settler (Replaces Settler): No growth penalty for building it. Has 5 :c5strength: and 3:c5moves:. Can not attack. Can "Embark" to become a Phoenician Trireme.

I really like this UA but it only works on a few types of maps, so that's something to consider. Maybe just make it when they meet an Empire whether on land or on Sea, or something.

The UUs basically are Polynesia's biggest advantage, Wayfinding's big edge is that you can meet other civs/city states before anyone so you have many more trade partners as well as settle far off places near Natural Wonders or luxuries as you like. If you have Phoenicia with those two UUs you have all of the advantage of the Wayfinding PLUS you don't have to worry about embarked units being lost, your settlers will naturally defend, plus you can build settlers in all cities not just coastal and then use them as triremes, so you can build a huge navy really that can bombard enemy coastlines and then flee into ocean. SO it really kills Polynesia's edge AND is a giant exploit against an AI that already can't handle decent naval assault.

Im supprised I havent seen anyone bring up putting Constantine in this game. I've seen Ceasar, Augustus and Justinain in the past. Has anyone here heard any talk or rumors of Constantine being included in the future? I'd love to play the Rome Civ under his rule.

Moderator Action: Thread merged.

I really like this UA but it only works on a few types of maps, so that's something to consider. Maybe just make it when they meet an Empire whether on land or on Sea, or something.

The UUs basically are Polynesia's biggest advantage, Wayfinding's big edge is that you can meet other civs/city states before anyone so you have many more trade partners as well as settle far off places near Natural Wonders or luxuries as you like. If you have Phoenicia with those two UUs you have all of the advantage of the Wayfinding PLUS you don't have to worry about embarked units being lost, your settlers will naturally defend, plus you can build settlers in all cities not just coastal and then use them as triremes, so you can build a huge navy really that can bombard enemy coastlines and then flee into ocean. SO it really kills Polynesia's edge AND is a giant exploit against an AI that already can't handle decent naval assault.

I see what you are saying, so I will change the UU1 to replace caravel and not the trireme. Also, I think we should give it 2 UAs. One for watery maps, and other for no-ocean maps.

Top Bottom