TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

Major apologies, but it looks like I'll have to drop out of this. I don't seem to have the time in RL I'd like to keep up.

Queen Terefti Daughter-of-Ra 154-156
When one looks at the records of Nahan II, her son, he sees several problems. It seems as if Raas rule never existed and that Terefti ruled while her son was already king. This confusion arrives because of Terefti's scheming after the death of Raas on 156. Terefti never ruled on her own and wanted to remove Raas problematic rule from the records, yet the records for Raas were already well written. Her solution, together with the vizier, was to ignore the rule of Raas and write on the records as if her son was the king all this time with the vizier ruling in his name and her later until he was of a proper age. They hoped anyone who looks closely into the records will be confused or just not care of this problem. On 156 when Raas died in Avaris the priests disagreed to crown Terefti as sole queen of Egypt and so she had to give up any plans she might have had to rule Egypt. Instead all agree to crown her son her king of Egypt, King Nahan II. Terefti soon disappeared from any kind of control over Egypt, but have remained an iconic character until her death on 161. The larger and more magnificent Sphinx in Giza was based on her...

King Nahan II Nafer's-Truth 150-181
As Nahan II took over the country on 156 he made sure to speak with the weary generals and other main figures on the government. To appease the generals he begun planning for a war in Canaan, a war in Nubia and a war in Libya. The Generals were happy when money again begun flowing into their hands for conquest. The discovery of Copper mines in Timna, south of Canaan, brought the first of this wars when Egypt took over the area and the mines and pushed away any Canaanite settlers who might have attempted to settle in the area. Nahan also fought the Libyans and Nubians but as trade flourished more from the south attacks upon Nubia slowed down and lessened. Libya was always a thorn in Egypt's side, and will continue to be one for what seemed like ever.

Nahan also build a second pyramid in Giza, smaller than his grandfather's mighty structure, but not much smaller. Still a magnificent structure. His bigger architectural invention was the grand Sphinxes he constructed in honor of his grandfather Nafer and his mother Terefti who most likely lived to see her Sphinx in full might. Nahan pushed his mother away from control but kept her as an icon of Egypt's power and riches. He funded her own queen's palace in Anor and brought her close to him. Nahan also continued to spread of the many gods of Egypt and funded many new shrines and temples. Under his age the Polytheism was at its highest.

Nahan II last work was the continuation of the reforms. He begun to create minor regional palaces for members of his family who ruled through his name in smaller areas. The large cities also became stronger through his time because of his reforms in trade and taxes.

Yet all of this work in Egypt did not save him from a death in Canaan. It was during an offense around Timna that he died. He never meant to be a warrior king out in battle but was called by the generals to raise the respect of the soldiers. He agreed and died from an arrow shot towards his direction. He was buried in Giza and his son became king.

King Nafer II Bringer-of-Truth 181-199
There has never been a more boring kingship in the entirety of Egyptian history. Before Nafer II kings attempted to remake Egypt in their own image, they build wonders, they reformed the government, they did something to be remembered. Even when they cared little for the state, like Raas, they still managed to enter the records as different or special, or at the worst – evil. Yet Nafer II was none of those. Some might call him daddy's boy. Or momma's boy. It doesn't matter. All Nafer II did was continue his father's plans. He continued the same reforms and fought the same wars against the same enemies for the same lands. He did manage to keep Timna in Egyptian hands, but he didn't have the brain to conquer Sinai and form a direct land route to the highly important mining city.

Where his father reformed Nafer II continued. Yet his reforms were lesser. They had less of an impact and if anything they were just not enough to handle the growing state. His worse part of the reforms was the one that will end the second dynasty. His main queen was one of Demietta and her child will become the next king of Egypt, and will be of her house rather than the house of Ra. Yes. Knowingly Nafer II ended his father's dynasty, one that may one day be called the golden age of the era, the one that brought Egypt out of the Nile and into the world. Under Nafer II the royal family of the kings became so large he had to build several small palaces across Egypt to house them all in comfort. The family became large enough for him to manage to do one thing right, the different provinces of Egypt were always ruled by a demiking who is directly related to him. Yet this will not continue forever...

In the end Nafer ruled a long boring kingship. He built the third, last, and smallest pyramid in Giza. Some humorist writers of the future will laugh at Nafer II who even followed his father's death. He also died when generals in Timna called him to encourage the soldeirs, and he died from an arrow from the enemy. He was buried in his pyramid and Ah-Rais, first of Wedjet, was crowned in Demietta and under the diety Wadjet.

The Third Dynasty of Anor – Dynasty of Wadjet
King Ah-Rais First-of-Wadjet 199-
Wadjet was mostly a deity of lower Egypt, and this slowly caused a tear between the lower and upper egypt. Thebes will slowly grow in power and influence in the south under the Dynasty of Wadjet until a powerful new royal family will reform the kingship of the south and cause the first split of Egypt. But this won't be for many many decades and we are rushing.

Ah Rais only begun his rule in this Jubilee. He will create many things to show Egypt's greatness and will change its entire international relations. Already peace offers were sent to different cities in Nubia and Canaan. Total war has been declared on the barbarians of Libya and soon Egypt will end them...

ooc: Orders will be sent soon, I assume I'm not important in the wide view of things so please wait for them ^^ I will try writing them later today, but can't promise I'll have the time.

Orders I still need:
erez
Southern King
Zeletdude
electric
Moldath

People Who Dropped Out This Turn :)()
Tyo
BSmith

Orders I have
General Olaf (Section Completed)
Stockhome (Starting NAO)
TerisH (Waiting for Aegean Folks)
Spaceman (Waiting for Egypt)
Gem Hound (After Mesopotamia)
Eltain (Waiting for Italy)
Boundless (Ditto)
Tycho (Ditto)

People with Extended Deadlines
Eltain
Boundless
Tycho
Moldath

Also, for this update I'm thinking of BOLDING every time a nation is mentioned, and Italicifying major events/details I want you to take in mind.

A Toras Merchant's later reminisce

It seems that our Torasetara may have a husband soon after all! Although they try not to be seen together, we all know they meet. Allas of the house Thras. I do not personally know this man – the family Thras moved to Scanas shortly after it joined Torasetar III. They are rumours of his deeds though. and how he is at home at sea. Heh, some people say that he can't walk straight on land! This is all in good jest though. Hm. Some say that he alone was in a boat, but was able to outmanoeuvre five approaching Baersite [Berber] curraghs. Others say he didn't just outmanoeuvre them, but that he also destroyed them, the blessing of Ziril strong in his blood. Whatever the truth, he has gained the eye of our Torasetara.

OOC: will submit my orders soon

Who is the major grey italian nation?

:lol: I put the colors under the names for a reason, guys!

Oh well, a named map with all the players, NPCs, barbarians and such would be nice.

Hint: The Middle East has its own politics revolution, with three polities rising during this time. Just in time for the plague. :evil:

Thank you all for being in character and not establishing last minute medical schools and such.

That would of the Kingdom of Valyria. The orange-grey is their vassal, Samnia.

There is nothing Orange anywhere near Italy?

If you look at the Grey territory there is a different shade in the eastern side. That's orange tinted grey, which is Samnia.

To: Daretoki Confederacy

How about this. We will trade with you and give you exclusive rights to some of our wares, and perhaps even give you this bronze formula we have, if you accept our military protection and alliance. You will still be independent, just under our protection and allied with us. We feel that this is best for all, and we are willing to negotiate. The last thing we want is war.

To: Daretoki Confederacy

That is fine. We will also give you our formula if you agree to a non aggression pact and if you give us contact with this eastern Emperor of yours, our traders and adventurers would like to travel and trade there.

There is nothing Orange anywhere near Italy?

It's a Duchy at this point, Samnia is, after a rather long and bloody war. They are still technically under my control at the moment. :)

Finished China and Mesopotamia, now onto the Nile and the Levant.

I'm using excerpts from court records, histories, ect instead of picture this time. :D

Here's some teasers for ya'll.

All animals: Rats, Ravens, Cats, Dogs were slaughtered. Food and information was brought in through a small trap door and exchanged for new orders.
Those stricken by the plague will receive a greenish tint on their skin and on the whites of their eyes. If their eyes are bloodshot, they must be killed, their stomach ripped out, and burnt as an offering
Zagotites killed most of the missionaries of Kitabalism for being “Too confusing, brain hurts”.
Advisor 3: Actually, I feel the most important news is the rise of the Damascus Republic.
Advisor 1: Shut up about Damascus! It’s not important!
Advisor 3: It controls the trade between the Two Holy Rivers and the Sea of Heretics, of course its important!

Oh dear... too bad I can't create a last minute medical school to save myself.

Verrry interesting.

Top Bottom